Stripping the Paint Off for a Mirage III Look

==Wiggy==

Cool. Are you going to upload it to the User files?

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

This was literally my first shot at stripping the paint from the aircraft. But I could upload it as is... Would be the least worked in Livery I ever did! There would be some issues with me uploading as is though. Like I've not done anything with the pylons or drop tanks. Not will I as my intention want to actually use this iteration. My ultimate goal is to create a Mirage III resemblance. This bird is more like the color of Titanium than Aluminum.

Edited by 000rick000

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

Here's how I'm wanting it to look. Closer anyway...now just have to deal with some smoothness issues in the RoughMet...you can't see it in these images (that's on purpose!). These are taken from ModelViewer -FYI-

39738846654_fa97776579_o.jpg

39738846704_6dd6735c30_o.jpg

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

Very nice. A bit too clinically perfect for me though

I still prefer the first - reminds of a rat rod

Excellent job on both though

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Great results Rick, maybe a little grainy ? looking forward to seeing the end result.

Edited by Strut

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

You won't find any for a Mirage 2000. It's very much composites. Blended with Aluminum like a Viper. But you should have no trouble finding Mirage III's that are painted over bare metal.

Roger that. I was able to find this:

WI51Oou.jpg

I think a skin with the boron/carbon composite surfaces being black/diffuse would look awesome with PBR. Anyways, keep up the great work!

Looks great !! quick Question ? Can you do this for the F-5E in tan ? like the fist version you have, shiny but a little rough.. like a veteran aircraft.. I'd like something that looks like its been sitting in the desert getting sand blasted finally gets a little TLC and a wax job before getting in a fight. Or any info on how i could do it myself I just dont know the first thing about for dcs thanks

Edited by Bad_Karma-701

Rift CV1: i-7 8700 RTX 2070 16GB 3200mhz win10. M.2 128gb GB Z390 Aurous Master. warthog stick on Gunfighter Base