Good bye, fly safe and take care.

WarHawk72

Well i have tried every fix,tweak,adjustment that the forums have and all i can say is unless you have a SSD the stuttering makes the game unplayable for myself...frames are fine around 30 fps (i have a low end system but meet the minimal requirements to play the game) was able to play a smooth game in 1.5 but since its now been moved to 2.5 open beta the constant 1-2 second lockups destroy the game for me.

Yes i know i need to upgrade my system but due to finances i do not have that option, so as for now i'll be back in a year or so to see how it is going by then i hope i have a good enough system to play the game i have spent a fortune on over the years and falling in love with.

Fly safe all, and all the best!

RIP 1.5 i will miss you :)

You have the option of sticking with 1.5.8 iirc

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/stable/

So although your unable to use 2.5 you should still have some enjoyment from the old stable version. No reason to give up on DCS ;)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Take a break, or use 1.5 release version

2.5 is in beta and has a known issue currently with memory management effecting some users.

ED are working on it, but it is a complicated problem and needs time to fix.

Wait for the optimisations.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

These problems are frustrating for many people but as Bignewy says, it is a beta. If you really spent a fortune on the game, played it for years and love it, I simply cannot fathom why you are walking way from a beta for good over some performance issues that have yet to be ironed out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You absolutely need a SSD, 32 gig RAM, Intel i7 and a minimum GTX1070 imho !

The game is therefore quite expensive but if high quality simulation is your hobby, it's no more than the average hobby costs I suppose. Sorry, just rambling, it's my day off!

Mizzy

This product has been known for years that it needs a PC which is 2 years ahead.

This was the case in LOMAC series and less in DCS but still present despite of few optimizations.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

There is absolutely no need for 32 gigs of RAM. Just wait for optimization :thumbup:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

You absolutely need a SSD, 32 gig RAM, Intel i7 and a minimum GTX1070 imho !

The game is therefore quite expensive but if high quality simulation is your hobby, it's no more than the average hobby costs I suppose. Sorry, just rambling, it's my day off!

Mizzy

Nah, it's not that bad. For 1080p, I5 or Ryzen 5 with 16GB of RAM, GTX-1050TI or GTX 1060 3GB and an SSD will do wonders.

These problems are frustrating for many people but as Bignewy says, it is a beta. If you really spent a fortune on the game, played it for years and love it, I simply cannot fathom why you are walking way from a beta for good over some performance issues that have yet to be ironed out.

+1

Stick with 1.5 whilst 2.5 is being further optimised. ED have themselves stated that they know there's a memory leak, meaning that they've identified something specific to resolve, which will hopefully resolve the stuttering.

Furthermore, we'll hopefully get Vulkan in the near future, which "might" open up enough additional performance to also increase your framerate.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I really understand your situation and I also understand that you are frustrated. But as Bignewy said, DCS 2.5 is still in beta status, so please don't expect that DCS 2.5 ob works like DCS 1.5 stable.

Don't give uf DCS 2.5 and wait till the stable version will be released. Once the stable version is out, there is may no reason to upgrade your system. Patience

You still need an SSD I suspect ;)

It's a bit subjective as one can appreciate...it all depends if you like high settings like trees and textures which for me is a must. So I personally would look more to the recommended spec as a 'reasonable guide' to getting the graphics looking decent and pretty !! Oh btw, I play in 4K resolution.

Mizzy

Edited by Mizzy

If you were able to play the game smooth in 1.5 why not just go back to that? As others have said 2.5 is beta. Yes an SSD would help but I run 3440x1440 just fine on an old i5, 8GB RAM and a GTX 1070 (admittedly the biggest expense).

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

..still a 1.5 user here..^

Just stick with 1.5 for as long as it's still there. At least you still have a flight simulation for your hobby, passion or so..

Though we'd be unable to get the latest stuff.. at least we could still do virtual flights. :)

We're in the same situation.. no money to buy a better PC all together... ^^;

I'll prolly get a new Rig by AD 2020 or 2021.. perhaps by that time, DCS 2.5 would be super optimized already... or maybe it'll be DCS 3.0.. ;)

Edited by pauldy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not giving up on the game as such, just taking a long break as of now all it does is frustrate me.

Did a complete remove of the old 1.5 to make way for 2.5 (Been in open beta for both versions) the frames are fine, well for me anyway, just the constant 1-2 seconds of stutter (regardless of what i have any graphic setting on min or max settings only effects the fps not the load stuttering) makes me want to scream lol...

Not going to download 1.5 again (don't have the room/limit) to do it this month...might later when i can DL large games again....welcome to the Australian internet.

Thanks for the kind words, advice and suggestions but for right now i will wait for some more optimization and such and will try again later.

Only module i do not own as of now is the F/A-18C Hornet.

I have no issues with DCS 2.5, asides from a few crashes. While P3D and XP11 die face real problems on my rig.

Asus Z270E ROG

Intel 7700k 4200 Mhz

32 GB Ram

GF 1060 6GB Ram

Thrustmaster Warthog

Saitek Combat Pedals

Oculs Rift CV1 Oculus Sensor (2x)

Oculus Touch

Oculus Core 2 Beta

1TB Samsumg 850 Pro SSD allocated 1 per sim.

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

This product has been known for years that it needs a PC which is 2 years ahead.

This was the case in LOMAC series and less in DCS but still present despite of few optimizations.

LOMAC came out in 2003 and needed a rig from 2013 to run smooth at acceptable fps even at low settings. I'm totally glad we left that one behind, but it was a vital step towards DCS 2.5 nevertheless.

Normally a good i5 should be sufficient. i7s have higher "boost clock speeds", more cache and HT which is practically unnescessary, just nice to have. Most significant advantage comes from the higher clock, but just when 1 or 2 cores are used at max. When all are loaded, that advantage is completely gone.

Having a SSD is virtually a must have today, especially for loading up DCS.

A 970 or 1060 should be enough, but a 980 or 1070 is definately nicer.

At the moment, you can't come around 32GB of RAM unless you can somehow have 24GB working decently somehow (good luck having dual/quad channel enabled with 3 sticks, maybe there are 6GB or 12GB sticks, don't know actually). I've had DCS 2.5 crash up even my whole system constantly with just 16GB, since it always drove the mem usage up to critical ~90% with no background software running except for the needed stuff (stick driver/profile, mouse settings, AHK scripts, TIR etc). Waiting for a fix can be a solution, but that would be waiting after all. I sincerely hope it will get optimized as far as possible to make it run well with 16GB. After all the official min spec is 8GB. And I can rest you assured: With just 8GB at absolute min settings in a 1024 window, you won't come past the mission editor without a crash. All that taken into account having the page file disabled though, since it's toxic acid to SSDs racking up millions of write cycles in less than no time. Running that one on a HDD probably just causes constant loading stutters as excessive as it would then be impossible to enjoy the sim at all, so basically this is no real option rainbowdashwink.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I am interested in this math now with 2.5 and 4 cores without HT.

When I look at my 6c/12T CPU with processLasso engaged I can see 6 cores working, sometimes a bit lazy, sometimes they really push hard.

Summing up the MHz across all cores in use is equivalent to the work done, so how do you squeeze that much work into 4 cores ? I used a 7700k before, not a slow chip at all, but this

new 2.5 taxes the complete system from time to time, not always, not in every scenario, but sometimes it does.

I am not saying you need a 6+core cpu, I just think one should be sensitive in saying "anything with more than 2 cores will never get used in DCS. That is not true anymore, by far not.

With Vulkan this will shift towards multicore usage anyway, just a matter of time.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Well i have tried every fix,tweak,adjustment that the forums have and all i can say is unless you have a SSD the stuttering makes the game unplayable for myself...frames are fine around 30 fps (i have a low end system but meet the minimal requirements to play the game) was able to play a smooth game in 1.5 but since its now been moved to 2.5 open beta the constant 1-2 second lockups destroy the game for me.

Yes i know i need to upgrade my system but due to finances i do not have that option, so as for now i'll be back in a year or so to see how it is going by then i hope i have a good enough system to play the game i have spent a fortune on over the years and falling in love with.

Fly safe all, and all the best!

RIP 1.5 i will miss you :)

Warhawk, if it makes you feel better, I have a blazing fast M.2 SSD, and DCS *still* stutters like crazy. Even when I turn down all the graphics settings and hardly use any of my video memory or system RAM.

The only time I got DCS to run stutter-free was when I did a fresh install of Windows. shortly after, it started stuttering again. I'll be danged if I ever figure out if it's a problem with DCS, or a problem with Windows. I'm inclined to think they're both a little boogered, what with today's PCs being so fast, that sloppily-written software is the norm (not that I'm a coder myself, mind you).

That said, I love DCS World's content, and without knowing for sure if it's a problem with DCS or with Windows, I'm not really in a position to judge. But, I've spent ages trying to iron it all out. I wish someone would get off the pot and fix it, instead of mussing and fussing over what paint jobs the planes have or what the stupid clouds look like.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

I wish someone would get off the pot and fix it, instead of mussing and fussing over what paint jobs the planes have or what the stupid clouds look like.

AD

Hey, it's beta, if you have issues go back to stable. I'm sure the devs could do without the "I want" attitude when they're doing all they can. I for one have not seen these issues and have a lesser rig than you.

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.