2 Questions about the Viggen's Nav and Computer

WelshZeCorgi

1: how do you delete any input? When I put the "9099" code into the Data computer, I sometimes mistake the 1 for a zero and it comes out "9199". But then there is no backspace. Do I just flip the selector forward or back or cycle the input/output switch to clear the input or is there a backspace I'm not seeing?

2: The Nav warning light on my right panel sometimes won't turn off after startup. Everything seems normal and nothing seems out of the ordinary, Nav is ok, waypoints are where they're supposed to be and doing what it's supposed to do. But that yellow warning text just stays there and never extinguish. I put in the cartridge, flip the selector to REF/LOLA input 9099 but for some reason, the Nav warning light will turn on and never turns off during the entire flight.

3. Bonus question, how do you get AIs in your flight to fire their RB-04s? I know the AI can't properly fire their RB-15s but does that carry over to the RB-04s? I'm doing the Hunt the Hunter (destroy a destroyer searching for a critically damaged submarine) and sometimes it shoots down my missiles but ordering my flight to attack ships gets a "unable" or "negative" response. Then they collectively dump a million dollars worth of munitions into the black sea in order to evade incoming missiles from the ship they refuse to fire on.

Thanks for listening!

1. The correct way of clearing an active input is to flip the mode selector from input to output and back to input (at least that's what the manual says).

2. Very likely you do something wrong at startup, probably miss something. Can you post a video or show/explain the complete procedure?

You can find my procedure here. Maybe that helps you identify the source.

3. Never tried that, is there maybe a special weapon in the mission editor like AI RB-04? If so, try that.

Edited by Zabuza

2: The Nav warning light on my right panel sometimes won't turn off after startup. Everything seems normal and nothing seems out of the ordinary, Nav is ok, waypoints are where they're supposed to be and doing what it's supposed to do. But that yellow warning text just stays there and never extinguish. I put in the cartridge, flip the selector to REF/LOLA input 9099 but for some reason, the Nav warning light will turn on and never turns off during the entire flight.

This happens when you turn the knob master mode selector to fast to "NAV", when the off symbol still showing on the ADI ball. If it happens just turn the knob master mode selector back to "BER" and the back to "NAV".

If it happens during take off, it is because you have wrong airfield in LS. If you look at the gyro compass ring if will be corrected when you accelerate on the runway. For instance if rwy hdg is 27, when you line up your gyro show 265 the computer will correct the deviation to 270. The gyro will jump to 270. But that ofc that is if the computer know where you are.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

This happens when you turn the knob master mode selector to fast to "NAV", when the off symbol still showing on the ADI ball. If it happens just turn the knob master mode selector back to "BER" and the back to "NAV".

If it happens during take off, it is because you have wrong airfield in LS. If you look at the gyro compass ring if will be corrected when you accelerate on the runway. For instance if rwy hdg is 27, when you line up your gyro show 265 the computer will correct the deviation to 270. The gyro will jump to 270. But that ofc that is if the computer know where you are.

Also remember to use thr referencebutton when aligned with the runway before takeoff

Skickat från min STF-L09 via Tapatalk

Intel i7-7700K @ 5.1GHz, Gigabyte Z170XP SLI

32 GB Corsair Vengeance @ 2666 Mhz (Stock 2400 Mhz), Gigabyte GTX 1080 Windfoce OC , PSU 650W Seasonic

EK Watercooling (Open loop)

Windows 10 Pro x64

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + MFG Crosswind + Thrustmaster MFD

Which you don't need if you followed the procedure correct with the takeoff runway data correctly entered.

And if you are to maintain the runway heading during takeoff. That's why the manual suggests to use this when runway is slippery or heavy crosswinds are to be expected.