Introducing the DFDT Cockpit Project

Joe Kurr

Who is Mr. HPO ? :-)

I'm finishing the mechanical and electronic design for a Ka-50 HOTAS right now, but the grip is a really terrific thing.

Если кто-то в Грузии думает что русские забыли 14.08.92, 27.08.92 и главное 17.03.93 - он категорически неправ !!!

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is Mr. HPO ? :-)

I'm finishing the mechanical and electronic design for a Ka-50 HOTAS right now, but the grip is a really terrific thing.

He is the guy who is designing our Flanker grip.

At the moment he is having some troubles logging onto this forum.

He can't login, but he can't register on the forum also because he already has a frontpage account.

When he tries to register on the forum, he is redirected to the frontpage registration form, which doesn't accept his new registration, because there it already exists...

Do you happen to have any pictures of the Ka-50 stick?

The glimpses I have seen of it make me believe it's almost the same as the Flanker stick, so maybe we can do the Ka-50 too (if it really is the same stick).

Dutch Flanker Display Team | LLTM 2010 Tiger Spirit Award

Ya, i'm really interested in the stick. and combining the stick, throtle and petals into one USB device was smart. less wires!

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Yes, that's the idea.

I plan to build a separate controller for the HOTAS, which will be placed in the box behind the instrument panel.

From there wires will go to the throttle, stick and pedals, but these can all be hidden from view.

I still have to work out a way to connect them easily to the controller though without too much wires per cable.

Do you happen to have any pictures of the Ka-50 stick?

The glimpses I have seen of it make me believe it's almost the same as the Flanker stick, so maybe we can do the Ka-50 too (if it really is the same stick).

I"ve some photos and drafts, like the attachments.

No blueprint, sorry

I tried to make a polyacrilate process plastic grip and get no enough hardness.

50Hotas1.jpg.e405e2e7c2fe85d179f6f7481c64c1f0.jpg

50Hotas2.jpg.bac12a55154796cc5ca667cb78a92b7b.jpg

50Hotas3.thumb.jpg.6e492102fcb3aa8f766ee45ad2406822.jpg

50Hotas4.jpg.0c78d0f554cf74800d54062af210b46f.jpg

Если кто-то в Грузии думает что русские забыли 14.08.92, 27.08.92 и главное 17.03.93 - он категорически неправ !!!

Camel again this looks interesting .. Do you have plans on doing a prototype of this stick?? If you do you might want to consider doing the collector as well..

And if you could make these into a production run you might just be able to make some money....

Its just a though.. I know I personally have been waiting for someone to market a Russian stick since the Flanker days as I'm sure most of us have...

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Panel

Today some pictures off the current state of the panel.

I tried to have a go on the helmetmountedsight receivers (the boxes with the

mirrors), they are scratch build of pvc sheet with miiror glass inside.

box3cm5.jpg

More detail,

box4bi6.jpg

Overview of the entire panel, with switches on the triangeler shaped black panel

panelwboxjy1.jpg

Last picture is a try out for the illumination of the panel( don;t tell anyone they are christmass lights:)) nothing definitive yet!

withlightrn8.jpg

Thanks for watching, see ya

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

I just gotta' say, nice progress there guy thanks for sharing...:D

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Nice. Keep the pics and info comming!

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

I've got to ask, as I really want to reproduce this here in buenos aires, Is there any chance that you'll make some blueprints available? or are you planning to sell this later? cause for some of us it'll be the best of the best...

Anyway, this is really a wonderfull job. I've also building a SU-27 cockpit, but I had troubles with the measures because I did not ha any blueprints. Your job is really weird!!! :thumbup:

Here are some photographies of mine, they're old and now my cockpit is close to be fully fonctionnal, powered by IOcards from opencockpit. We're also developping a direct interface between LUA and SIOC and it is also fully operationnal. Next step will be to pilot steppers via USB stepper interface from opencockpit, to motorize the needles of the instruments.

I'm also planning to build a cockpit vesion 2 with correct dimmensions...

I'll soon post more recent photographies...:)

1207620906_Cockpit001.thumb.jpg.05ad64359b2a1dec82d6314f6598cff6.jpg

1421143699_Avril2006004.jpg.e7354de133cb51883ac3ff41e229262f.jpg

2130468037_Avril2006005.jpg.3355a4d8bc6ea7f53d2fe3013c0f3ff8.jpg

System Configuration: Windows 10 64bits, Intel I5-3570K, 8Go DDR3-1333Mhz, GeForce GTX 560Ti LE

DCS-FC3 Version 1.5.3

Anyway, this is really a wonderfull job. I've also building a SU-27 cockpit, but I had troubles with the measures because I did not ha any blueprints. Your job is really weird!!! :thumbup:

Here are some photographies of mine, they're old and now my cockpit is close to be fully fonctionnal, powered by IOcards from opencockpit. We're also developping a direct interface between LUA and SIOC and it is also fully operationnal. Next step will be to pilot steppers via USB stepper interface from opencockpit, to motorize the needles of the instruments.

I'm also planning to build a cockpit vesion 2 with correct dimmensions...

I'll soon post more recent photographies...:)

Thank you for the nice pictures, great looking panel(i have seen it on the Cecksix forum)

Are some gauges working in your panel?

And yes measurements are always a problem, until we can have some more information (if all is going well we will:))

Please post some more pics.

See ya

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

I've got to ask, as I really want to reproduce this here in buenos aires, Is there any chance that you'll make some blueprints available? or are you planning to sell this later? cause for some of us it'll be the best of the best...

As for the panel,(not the whole cocpit yet) i have some Illustrator CS files, the stick is still inprogress work.

Hi, Finally some updates from me, I had some login problems:(

These are still in an early stage, the parts are still solid exept the top lid and the rubber from the left HAT switch.

I'm still busy with getting the demensions right because I have no blueprints, only some very good photos of the stick in all angles (Thanks to Wasserfall)

When I think the proportions and the dimensions are right I will start to make them hollow, and make some room for the electronics from Joe Kurr.

The parting lines will be difficult to create but are necessary when I want to make some silicon molds of the parts.

The parts will be made with a Stereolithography machine at work, (I will try to make some pictures of that process) and then make the Silicon molds for the vacuum cast process so I can make some small series of them (again I will make some pictures of it :))

Stick01.jpg

Stick02.jpg

Stick03.jpg

Stick04.jpg

Stick05.jpg

Stick06.jpg

Thanks for watching

HPO:

Now that's what I'm talking about.. A real Russian joy stick....

Very nice work Guy...

I'm really glad that you Gentleman are keeping us abreast of all of your outstanding ideas...

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

To: WASSERFALL & HPO

Sorry, my English not so good to write frealy(sorry for mistaces...), thats why i write in Russian(please use elecr.translaiter).

Ребята, мы в восторге от того, что вы делаете, и следим за Вашими успехами, пожалуйста не оставляйте нас без информации, пишите и в русской ветке, можно с ошибками.

To: WASSERFALL & HPO

Sorry, my English not so good to write frealy(sorry for mistaces...), thats why i write in Russian(please use elecr.translaiter).

Ребята, мы в восторге от того, что вы делаете, и следим за Вашими успехами, пожалуйста не оставляйте нас без информации, пишите и в русской ветке, можно с ошибками.

He said:

Guys, we are in awe of you work and are following your progress, please dont leave us uniformed, please update us on the russian section of the forum.

:Core2Duo @ 435FSB x 7 3.05GHz : ATI x1900xtx: 2GB Patriot @ 435Mhz : WD 250Gb UATA: Seagate 320Gb SATA2: X-Fi Platinum:

excelent work man, check www.mindaugas.com . it could save you a lot of development time. he did a great job.

what about the gauges... do thez work or just dumies.... :pilotfly:

stay tuned and write documentation .... :thumbup:

Steel Hotas Warthog + Hoffmans F16 rudders, Oculus Rift S, EVGA RTX3090, Core i7 4790K

Hangar: Ka50, A10C, A10A, A10CII, SU27, SU33, SU25, Av8BNA, Bf109K4, F16C, F86, FA18C, FW190D9, i-16, L39C, Mi8, MiG15, MiG19P, MiG21, P51D, Spitfire, SuperCarrier, Yak52, P47, F14, Mi24P, Me262?

Flying over CAU, NEV, NORM, SYR, CHNL, PER, ATL

excelent work man, check www.mindaugas.com . it could save you a lot of development time. he did a great job.

what about the gauges... do thez work or just dumies.... :pilotfly:

stay tuned and write documentation .... :thumbup:

I'm using one of his designs (mjoy) as a basis for our HOTAS :)

I build it myself, so I can change the design if I need to (something which is more difficult with ready made hardware)

The gauges are still dummies, but in time, they will actually work.

Aww man! that stick is awesome! i'll have to make it for my self... if I ever make my own pit that is.