Introducing the DFDT Cockpit Project

Joe Kurr

Yes, I will make molds, Silicon molds to be specific, for the vacuumcast technik.

Then I can produce this stick in small series, and the material properties are way better then the Stereolithographie materals, you can compare those resins with normal plastics.

For a movie on Vacuumcasting go here http://www.mk-technology.com/schulung.html?&L=2&=

This is the company from which we got our Vacuumcast machines

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished viewing the training video... Is this what you do for a living .. Now that's High Tech, without a doubt...

I can see that your joy sticks will be of excellent quality... I really hope that you decide to go into a limited production at least so that all the guys here at the Lock ON forum as well as myself.... can have one.. This will give total immersion....

thanks for posting the training video... Awesome !!!!

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

I just finished viewing the training video... Is this what you do for a living .. Now that's High Tech, without a doubt...

I can see that your joy sticks will be of excellent quality... I really hope that you decide to go into a limited production at least so that all the guys here at the Lock ON forum as well as myself.... can have one.. This will give total immersion....

thanks for posting the training video... Awesome !!!!

~S~

Blaze

Yes, that is what I do for a living:) making prototypes, if there is a high poly 3D model we can make it.

And to roque_blade: Because there never was or is a russian joystick, I still own a Suncom stick which is a F15 Stick, but who knows what the future brings.

:joystick:

• Like 1

Well WOW, HPO, i maybe have something what you can use.

In a Aerofax magazine i have found the description of the buttons?

Well, i will upload the picture to you inbox:smilewink:

Thank you very much, dank je wel:thumbup: we had some discription but that was still in russian so this may come in handy.

The text imprint in the stick will be in russian to be authentic, but its nice to have a real translation, because the translation websites are not very good :doh:

ever thought about buying a original su-27 joystick with all the buttons ? I think its not that pricey. Just ask sukhoi themself, i bet they will help you if they see the effort you put into building that cocpit.

Yes I have thought of that, but at the end it is more work to make any molds of that original one, then to make a 3D drawing because the real one is solid aluminium.

When I want to make copies of that, I still need to hollow a casting from the first mold and make all the holes and connection points parting lines etc. by hand to make any plastic copies of them.

With a 3D model I can do wat ever I want inside the stick.

Hi HPO,

Send me the picture if you want and I will translate for you, I speak russian and work on aircrafts... send me at [mygames][AT][9online.fr]. I am working with a friend on a SU 27 cockpit too...check at :

http://www.checksix-forums.com/showthread.php?t=111644&page=26

Best regards

Nice, and with my limited knowlage of French, I was able to figure out that others also liked it on the Chec-six fourm. :D I liked it too. Have you started building it for real? if not, when?

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Hi HPO,

Send me the picture if you want and I will translate for you, I speak russian and work on aircrafts... send me at [mygames][AT][9online.fr]. I am working with a friend on a SU 27 cockpit too...check at :

Best regards

The more the merrier...

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Hi HPO,

Best regards

Wow, that is quite something you got there:thumbup: At the moment I haven't got the time to read the hole topic but this evening I will.

And Thank you for the offer

:pilotfly::joystick:

Well do what you can, which seems to be a lot. I think even a seperate HOTAS would be awsome too, considering the throttle is different, interesting over/under dual throttle.

How ever it works out, let us know so I can make my wife hate my computer even more :D

Well I can tell you that at the moment I'm very busy looking in to that:)

That's great I would just love to be able to plug your stick housing into my "NXT" Cougar .......

I would really increase the immersion tremendously.....

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

I had an opportunity last year to get a Suncom stick still in the box as new....

I should have jumped at the chance and bought it, but I wasn't sure if I could get it to work with XP...

I know that I had heard that there is a work around but at the time I wasn't that interested in it..

But if you think that you'll only be doing the upgrade for the Suncom, there's usually some for sale on eBay or at the Frugal forums..

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

What's the/a suncom?

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

At the moment we're concentrating on an addon for the Cougar and a stand-alone stick.

The Suncom proved much more difficult than we first thought, because it has quite a lot of logic in the grip, on a fairly large PCB, which doesn't fit in our grip.

The cougar also has some logic in the grip, but this is a simple and fairly straight-forward circuit, which can be built on a very small board.

This week I plan to finally build the base electronics of our stand-alone stick, I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Dutch Flanker Display Team | LLTM 2010 Tiger Spirit Award

What's the/a suncom?

A Suncom is a joy stick that was in production about 4 or 5 years ago...

It actually was a F-15 joy stick and had a split throttle,, just like a R/L F-15...

Well its no longer in production but a lot of virtual pilots still use them.. as with HPO's squadron..

Aeroscout do you have the goggle tool bar installed? Its really very good, it sits just above the explorer screen and you can search very easily.. You don't even have to leave the forum... :lol:

And another good thing is it has a built in spell checker.... :thumbup:

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

At the moment we're concentrating on an addon for the Cougar and a stand-alone stick.

The Suncom proved much more difficult than we first thought, because it has quite a lot of logic in the grip, on a fairly large PCB, which doesn't fit in our grip.

The cougar also has some logic in the grip, but this is a simple and fairly straight-forward circuit, which can be built on a very small board.

This week I plan to finally build the base of our stand-alone stick, I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Well this certainly is great news HPO... I've actually had my cougar completely apart on a number of occasions. as I replace some of the buttons... I actually dropped the stick on the floor once when my foot became caught in the wire.. And I've opened up the base when I installed the NXT mod..It has a ps2 plug on the bottom so you can actually configure the button wiring to that plug.. then it's just a matter of plugging the stick into the base and fighting it up... But I'm sure that your aware of this... Thanks for the update...

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Well this certainly is great news HPO... I've actually had my cougar completely apart on a number of occasions. as I replace some of the buttons... I actually dropped the stick on the floor once when my foot became caught in the wire.. And I've opened up the base when I installed the NXT mod..It has a ps2 plug on the bottom so you can actually configure the button wiring to that plug.. then it's just a matter of plugging the stick into the base and fighting it up... But I'm sure that your aware of this... Thanks for the update...

~S~

Blaze

Blaze, it's me, not HPO ;)

I have seen the connector, it looks like a standard PS/2 plug, but it only has five pins instead of six.

The electronics inside the grip collect the signals from all buttons and hatswitches and create a serial data stream with al the button-pressing you do when you're flying :)

By the way, does anyone know if it's possible to add two extra analog axes to the Cougar stick?

Our left-most directional button will be analog (at least on our stand-alone stick), but we haven't found any info yet whether this is possible on the Cougar...

Dutch Flanker Display Team | LLTM 2010 Tiger Spirit Award

Oh sorry Joe...

I've seen it done once or twice in the 4 years of owning my Cougar, and loitering in the Forums... But if I remember correctly it was an addition to the throttle not the stick.. but If you haven't tried yet this forum probably the best place to get an answer, as even some of the developers of the cougar design frequent here.. http://forums.frugalsworld.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=38

I hope that this helps you .....

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR