Introducing the DFDT Cockpit Project

Joe Kurr

He said:

Guys, we are in awe of you work and are following your progress, please dont leave us uniformed, please update us on the russian section of the forum.

Thank you for translating!!!

Maybe you can translate some English information on the Russian forum for us

in Cyrillic, if you like

Because our Russian is abit rusty (or should i say absent:))

Thank you for responding!

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in Cyrillic, if you like

Come on, you did a two-week Russian course in 2005, is that all gone already? ;)

Dutch Flanker Display Team | LLTM 2010 Tiger Spirit Award

in Cyrillic, if you like

Hehe, yeah for me its totally absent sorry :)

And thanks everybody for the nice comments, greatly appreciated

lol. i dont know any russian...

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

As for the panel,(not the whole cocpit yet) i have some Illustrator CS files, the stick is still inprogress work.

Could you make them available? Also I work in a company which has access to a 3D printer. (for rapid prototyping), wouldn't be amazing to reproduce the actual parts??? I am really exiting about this. If I can help you with anything just ask!

in Cyrillic, if you like

Sure, when there is a new update Ill translate that for them.

:Core2Duo @ 435FSB x 7 3.05GHz : ATI x1900xtx: 2GB Patriot @ 435Mhz : WD 250Gb UATA: Seagate 320Gb SATA2: X-Fi Platinum:

Could you make them available? Also I work in a company which has access to a 3D printer. (for rapid prototyping), wouldn't be amazing to reproduce the actual parts??? I am really exiting about this. If I can help you with anything just ask!

Are you a rapid prototype engineer like I am, in a rapid prototype company, or does your company only make testparts?

You say 3D printer, is it an Objet or SLS or SLA, or some other type of machine?

Hello again, this weekend I made some testparts of the stick on the stereolithography machine, I wanted to test the demensions of some buttons and the toplid so that I can check them on proportions when comparing them to photos and some videos.

I made some pictures of the process so that you can see what rapid prototyping is al about, the rest of the stick will be made in the same manner.

First the build in the Stereolithography machine

Stereolithography.jpg

After the build the platform emerges from the Vat

Emerging01.jpg

Emerging02.jpg

I've blurred the customer parts because they wouldn't be happy when I publicized their parts on the internet:music_whistling:

After that I let them drain a little

draining01.jpg

After cleaning the parts

After%20cleaning.jpg

When the parts are removed from the platform I can remove the support structure and sand the parts to have a smooth surface

After%20Sanding%20and%20glass%20blasting.jpg

After that the primer can be applied

After%20priming.jpg

And to make them look a little authentic, some paint:)

Painted.jpg

Thanks for watching:)

• Like 1

you must make them look older and used, because they look better than the original so far, some kind of sterile :music_whistling: (its like, everything which looks too perfect is rendered ;))

Сами не летаем и вам не советуем.

Войска ПВО

you must make them look older and used, because they look better than the original so far, some kind of sterile :music_whistling: (its like, everything which looks too perfect is rendered ;))

Things get old over time, you dont "make someting old" instantly. It's like going out to the store and buying a pair of already-ripped-jeans, it doesen't make sense. (well, not to me at least.)

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Things get old over time, you dont "make someting old" instantly. It's like going out to the store and buying a pair of already-ripped-jeans, it doesen't make sense. (well, not to me at least.)

have you seen a brand new Su-27 recently:cry: ? I don't say it would be wrong to let it look this way, but artificially olded it would look more authentical. If you know what i mean.

But, anyway, it is awesome :megalol:

Сами не летаем и вам не советуем.

Войска ПВО

have you seen a brand new Su-27 recently:cry: ? I don't say it would be wrong to let it look this way, but artificially olded it would look more authentical. If you know what i mean.

But, anyway, it is awesome :megalol:

Hehe, I know wat you mean, These parts are only for demension testing, the real stick looks like they have modelt them in clay and used the wrong paint that won't stick:)

But when the hole stick is ready we will make it look old and dirty:smilewink:

We want to make the stick as realistic as possible, so we intend to make all the buttons that are there IRL.

This will give you 5 buttons, one 2-way switch, one 4-way hatswitch and one analog ministick.

We're still figuring out what some buttons are for though.

Also we don't know if some buttons have double functions, if so, the number of actual buttons may increase.

Dutch Flanker Display Team | LLTM 2010 Tiger Spirit Award

We want to make the stick as realistic as possible, so we intend to make all the buttons that are there IRL.

This will give you 5 buttons, one 2-way switch, one 4-way hatswitch and one analog ministick.

We're still figuring out what some buttons are for though.

Also we don't know if some buttons have double functions, if so, the number of actual buttons may increase.

Ah nice to hear that. Believe it or not, i had plans to make a russian joystick when i got older...but now that i see that you guys are giving it a try i'll do the best that i can to support you! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Concerning the functions of the different buttons, you could find an answer there http://www.3rd-wing.net/index.php?showtopic=1770&hl=

With the original picture itself ther: http://www.ecf.utoronto.ca/~pavacic/scans/ruchka01.gif

Anyway, great job for your stick :thumbup:

System Configuration: Windows 10 64bits, Intel I5-3570K, 8Go DDR3-1333Mhz, GeForce GTX 560Ti LE

DCS-FC3 Version 1.5.3

Concerning the functions of the different buttons, you could find an answer there http://www.3rd-wing.net/index.php?showtopic=1770&hl=

With the original picture itself ther: http://www.ecf.utoronto.ca/~pavacic/scans/ruchka01.gif

Anyway, great job for your stick :thumbup:

Well thank you:), you have also been busy lately, I saw your thread on making your own cockpit in the 3rd-wing.net forums:thumbup: also a great job.

Just another dumb question. How far does the stick move when fully deflected in RL. I assume your going to take that into account too, right?

Ok, that sounds reasonable. What about whats in ockon? do you know if the stick deflection shown on lockon is realistic? I guess onlu an ED employee could tell us that though...

I have a question concerning the stick.. I know that your presently using that machine to develop the joy stick prototype..

Now if you do decide to put this into production is that the machine that you'll use or will you make a mold to reproduce the stick?

~S~

Blaze

• Like 1

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR