OT: Polish AA systems [pics]

Kusch

I am curious to know what are the strategical concept of Poland. As I see it their main concern is russia, but the majority of their aquisitions are russian as well.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I am curious to know what are the strategical concept of Poland. As I see it their main concern is russia, but the majority of their aquisitions are russian as well.
As you can see most of the life fire exercises are at Baltic sea shore... we are scared to death of Sweeds, they invaded us once, and they'll sure do the same again soon :megalol:

The Russian equipment is there only because we have literary tons of them from times when Berlin Wall stood tall, so instead adopting whole new western systems and trashing the eastern - we modified the post-Soviet equipment, and some of those modification are really good, like that OSA. American AH-64 crews have real trouble to come close to them during our joint exercises, they were usually tagged "dead" well before they could lock on the SAMs.

In the next few years we will acquire new Norwegian NASAMS systems and probably some ex-German Patriots too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If a place needs helicopters, it's probably not worth visiting." - Nick Lappos

As you can see most of the life fire exercises are at Baltic sea shore... we are scared to death of Sweeds, they invaded us once, and they'll sure do the same again soon :megalol:

The Russian equipment is there only because we have literary tons of them from times when Berlin Wall stood tall, so instead adopting whole new western systems and trashing the eastern - we modified the post-Soviet equipment, and some of those modification are really good, like that OSA. American AH-64 crews have real trouble to come close to them during our joint exercises, they were usually tagged "dead" well before they could lock on the SAMs.

In the next few years we will acquire new Norwegian NASAMS systems and probably some ex-German Patriots too.

Translate? GGTharos? Sundowner?

"Parę słów.

W 200X roku na terenie Polski przeprowadzono międzynarodowe ćwiczenie w którym głownym scenariuszem (co prawda nie lotnisko) była osłona plot obszaru. W cwiczeniu wzięły udział jednostki plot US i PL wyposażone w (jeśli chodzi o ogień):

- 3 X bateria PATRIOT

- 2 x bateria AVENGER

- 12 zespołow STINGER

- 1,5 CX bateria OSA

- pluton ZSU-23-4

- 2 X dr GROM

Przeciwnikiem były śmigłowce APACHE

Zastosowano system symulacji pola walki MILES ( z elementami ASET IV). Całość była koordynowana prze centrum komputerowe. Za pomoca laserów i zujników mozna było określic kto dostał a kto nie (po prostu sie kogut zapalał). Na początku gdy wykorzystywano cudowne Patrioty jako podstawe system zbierał takie baty ze poezja. Dopiero ja zrobiona miksa. Tzw pierscienie osłony. Podzielono przestrzeń nie według narodowości ale wg zasady komplementraności. Gdy wprowadzono ruchome odwody STINGER I AVENGER. Gdy skupiono w jednym reku (polskim ) kierownie ogniem;

gdy połączono systemy rozpoznania (budowa polowego centrum analizy danych), gdy ustanowiono na podejściach system posterunków obserwacyjnych (do 50 km w przód), gdy zorganizowano system zasadzek plot wyklorzystując manewrowe mozliwości AVENGER, oraz STIGER wyposażonych w HUMMER oraz OSA, to w najpiękniejszym momencie system złoił skóre atakującym dwóm pułkom AH-64 atakujacym na osłaniany obszar. Z 64 śmigłowców atakujacych cele w osłanianym obszarze "zniszczono" 62 śmiglaki. Straty systemu OPL - RADAR Patriot, N-31, jedna OSA, trzy teamy AVENGER i trzy teamy STINGER. Pozostałe dwa śmigłowce nie podeszły bliżej niż 10 km do obiektu ataku. Zwyciestwo było mozliwe tylko po zastosowaniu miksa, który spowodował, że mozna było elastycznie reagować na sytuację."

Give me "flying telephone pole" (SA-2)!

In the year 200-something there was a multi-national exercise conducted on Polish soil in which the primary task was to guard a certain airspace.

US and Polish units took part in the exercise, with the following equipment:

- 3 X PATRIOT batteries

- 2 x AVENGER batteries

- 12 STINGER squads

- 1,5 CX OSA battery

- ZSU-23-4 platoon

- 2 X GROM squads

The opposition were Apache helicopters.

The MILES combat simulation system was use together with ASET IV equipment. The entire engagement was coordinated by computer.

Using the MILES laser and sensor equipment, it was possible to figure out who was hit and who was not. At first, the patriots were mowing down the opposition, but the entire arragement was basically a set of defensive rings.

The airspace was divided up not in terms of nationality, but in terms of complementary capabilities of the weapons present. When the mobile Stinger and Avengers were brought in, and the defense was all directed from one source - polish Fire Control Center - linked with the fire batteries and observation posts, up to 50km in front of the line, and the traps were laid in; the mobile capabilities of the Avenger, Stinger, OSA were shown off when they ambushed a number of Apaches that were attacking from cover.

62 Apaches were 'destroyed' when attempting to attack the targets in the defended area.

The Polish force lost the Patriot Radar, the N-31, and an OSA, as well as 3 avenger teams and 3 stinger teams.

The remaining two helicopters never got any closer than 10km to the main target.

The victory is attributed to the ability to mix forces, which enabled a flexible response to a changing situation.

Phew, I hope I didn't make any mistakes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

yep, probably by IR

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

LOL Peterj you live in Sweden? You don't recognize Gripen? :D

i have to agree thats a rafale...notice the exhaust..the gripen is alot thinner..this is a twin engined aircraft..

| 8700k @4.9 | Gigabyte Gaming 7 | 32gb Tridentz @3000 | EVGA 1080 TI SC2 | CV1 | VKB MCG PRO

[sigpic]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FeLGqKyJ3K08k3z-7XaegWgRuGRGkKUs/view?usp=sharing[/sigpic]

• 1 year later...