Why have hundreds programmable buttons?

Because physically pushing a button or flipping a switch, is awesome.

• Like 1

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

...Unless you're building a pit

Marc..

image.jpg?w=552&c=1

System specs: i7 3820 @4.75Ghz, Asus P9X79LE, EVGA GTX1080SC @2100mhz, 16GB Gskil DDR3 @ 2000mhz, 512GB 960EVO m.2, 2 X 512GB 860EVO SATA3 in RAID0, EVGA Supernova 850W G2, Phantek Entho Luxe White. CPU and GPU custom water-cooled with 420mm rad and lots of Noctua fans.

ASUS PG348Q. VKB Gladiator Pro w/MCG, X-55 throttle and MFG Crosswind.

I use a combination of my keyboard, mouse, Logtiech G13, and a full hotas + rudder pedals.. and I still have room for voice attack for AI radio commands, and i still want a TM MFCD pack +1 for less mouse usage and it's invasion of my immersion. (Somebody stop me)

The more I can limit using my mouse to things I need on the ground only, the more I like it. Personally, my throttle, stick, and g13 are far easier to fumble around and find specific keys than fumbling around on my keyboard while also trying to fly a plane.. that and my keyboard sits off to my right in flight. That's my stick hand man.

Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

the keyboard is the ultimate button box.

but nobody seems to like those :)

I bought an extra keyboard from a thrift store, mapped out the switch matrix and built a couple of panels with momentary switches.

Operating switches in actual location = Priceless

:pilotfly:

Because physically pushing a button or flipping a switch, is awesome.

Indeed.

xpHKKVi.jpg

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

... you guys should at least warn us before posting these NSFW pictures...

J/k.. kind of.

Loving the warthog grip on the gunfighter base.

I just re-greased my warthog today.. feeling okay. Temptation resisted.

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

If I was making such a game as DCS I would have just as many commands (even more!) but 90% would not have a keyboard key assigned by default. Since cockpit is clickable it is not a great idea for some rarely used switch to have RCtrl-LWin-LShift-RAlt-F10 keybind.

Who uses these crazy keyboard combos? I think it is better to have them blank so when you add it as a user it is what key you choose so there is a much better chance to remember it.

because pushing a lever to raise/lower gears feels better than pressing G.

about voice macros, you're flying a fighter jet, not a space ship (unless you're using on comms).

Edited by wedge_one

¬ wedge

Wishlist: DCS: F-16C

wedgeDCS - Modern Custom CSS themes for the Forum