ForceFeel seat

Last night I finally tried with SimShaker for Aviators and DCS, and what a pleaseant surprise, I love it !!

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

I received an e-mail from Realteus support on Thursday, with a download link for the SSA version that supports the ForceFeel, and it works nicely! :)

Some constructive feedback, based on the F-14B:

- Taxi vibrations only properly show on Motor 1. Motor 2 works as well but very faintly. Perhaps I am missing something, but I'd find it odd that taxi vibrations are asymmetrical;

- At high transsonic speeds, the in-game cockpit of the Tomcat vibrates quite violently, but yet the ForceFeel doesn't vibrate at all. In my opinion, this effect should be added to SSA.

I am learning the Tomcat in an old-school way, so I haven't tested weapon employment yet and the vibrations of firing the gun, but the other effects work really nicely, including jet wash :-)

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

I received an e-mail from Realteus support on Thursday, with a download link for the SSA version that supports the ForceFeel, and it works nicely! :)

Some constructive feedback, based on the F-14B:

- Taxi vibrations only properly show on Motor 1. Motor 2 works as well but very faintly. Perhaps I am missing something, but I'd find it odd that taxi vibrations are asymmetrical;

- At high transsonic speeds, the in-game cockpit of the Tomcat vibrates quite violently, but yet the ForceFeel doesn't vibrate at all. In my opinion, this effect should be added to SSA.

I am learning the Tomcat in an old-school way, so I haven't tested weapon employment yet and the vibrations of firing the gun, but the other effects work really nicely, including jet wash :-)

oh I want to check A-10C gun effect too :lol:

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Just flown A-10 with guns and mavericks.

It feels awesome. Wow.

Does anyone with a FF seat get 'continued' vibration even when you shouldn't?

I'm getting quite a few effects persist (on SSA beta 1.3.6.6).

Things like speed brake shudder, afterburner etc on the F18 just continue even when they shouldn't.

Things like speed brake shudder, afterburner etc on the F18 just continue even when they shouldn't.

even with a cold start?

Yes - even from a cold start. For clarity - cold start - no vibration. Jet turns on, I fly, vibration gets 'stuck', I land, go back to cold and dark, seat still vibrating.

If I use the force feel control app test function - each motor turns on and off at will, but if I use the SSA test function the lower left back motor seems to get stuck.

even with a cold start?

Yes - even from a cold start. For clarity - cold start - no vibration. Jet turns on, I fly, vibration gets 'stuck', I land, go back to cold and dark, seat still vibrating.

If I use the force feel control app test function - each motor turns on and off at will, but if I use the SSA test function the lower left back motor seems to get stuck.

what a weird behavior, no idea mate

Is it a closed beta or can anyone access it?

what do you mean, the software?

check SSA thread last pages where several users ask for a link, it's over three for anyone available

• 2 weeks later...

PSA - If you get effects on your Forcefeel getting 'stuck' - make sure to try your Forecefeel on a PC Motherboard USB (preferrably USB2.0).

I had mine mounted via a Powered USB hub (this one https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/computer-accessories/power-and-cables/external-usb-hubs/advent-hb312-7-port-usb-2-0-hub-13828377-pdt.html?store=2329&&istCompanyId=bec25c7e-cbcd-460d-81d5-a25372d2e3d7&istItemId=qqpallmt&istBid=t&srcid=198&cmpid=ppc~gg~1020%20(PLA)%20PC%20PERIPHERALS~1020%20(PLA)%20PC%20PERIPHERALS%20ad%20group~Exact&mctag=gg_goog_7904&kwid=GOOGLE&device=c&ds_kids=92700038411102233&tgtid=1020%20(PLA)%20PC%20PERIPHERALS&&gclid=Cj0KCQjwhPfkBRD0ARIsAAcYycHaSJbL2p67WzACZcnAhJ3Try8JoJKOgeazcppDrVQilMduXypw9Y8aAi06EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds)

What we figured out was that for some reason the Forcefeel would 'disconnect' randomly (probably bandwidth based) and the driver wouldn't realise it. When it was plugged into the PC the disconnects stopped.

• 3 weeks later...

When Im shoot down during a mission and crash, the reverb effect keeps forever, apparently the only solution is closing DCS and going back to Windows desktop, any similar experience to share?

• 2 weeks later...
When Im shoot down during a mission and crash, the reverb effect keeps forever, apparently the only solution is closing DCS and going back to Windows desktop, any similar experience to share?

Can I get verification before I buy? Realteus ForceFeel does indeed work with DCS, correct?

Can I get verification before I buy? Realteus ForceFeel does indeed work with DCS, correct?

Yes it does, using SimShaker for Aviators software, which is free.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting for us that ordered the "May Batch"... Obviously it includes some updates with new motors etc:

https://eu.realteus.com/blogs/news/latest-realteus-forcefeel-updates-guided-by-customer-feedback

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and DCS on separate Intel 665P NVME SSD

I heard they're always a little late on preorders.. so I'm not holding my breath for May.. hopefully by June though..

by "always" you mean the only batch they made?