Transfering DCS module licenses to new machine

DaveRindner

OK so my new personal workstation is incoming. HP Z4 G4 with Xeon W-2125, 64gb-2666ECC, and Quadro P4000 (Pascal). Now how do I transfer my module licences from old machine to new.

As I understand, module licenses are connected with account and bound to network id, which is a hard bound.

I own following modules'

FC3

A-10C

KA-50 BlackShark

Mig-21Bis

UH-1H

F-5E

About to purchase AV-8B, and will purchase F/A-18C.

As far as I know you should deactivate your modules on your old workstation and then install and activate them on the new station. The deactivation can be done in the DCS modul manager menu within the game.

Cheers, MadMonty

PC: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC | 64 GB Patriot VIPER VENOM DDR5-6000

Input: Brunner CLS-E FFB Base | Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder | WinWing Phoenix MIP (VR) - F16 ICP - PTO2 | VPC SharKA-50 Collective 

VR: HP Reverb G2

Motion-Platform: Motionsystems PS-6TM-150 | Monstertech MTX

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@madmontys6dofmotionplatfor386/featured

As far as I know you should deactivate your modules on your old workstation and then install and activate them on the new station. The deactivation can be done in the DCS modul manager menu within the game.

That is correct, just dont forget to deactivate also any paid Campaigns and Maps that you may own.

You can save the download time by just copying from your old machine the /program files/Eagle dynamics/ folder and the /saved games/dcs.xxx/ folder(s) thus preserving most of your current configuration.

Keep in mind that most likely the USB identification of your HOTAS will change from one PC to the next, so you may need to manually edit your Input config in order to preserve your current Hotas assignments.

best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Keep in mind that most likely the USB identification of your HOTAS will change from one PC to the next, so you may need to manually edit your Input config in order to preserve your current Hotas assignments.

I've found that the easiest way to solve that issue is to import the old settings via the 'Load Profile' option. Then the game saves to correct 'new' device.

• Like 1

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box