Getting my TrackIR 4/Clip today!

Looking forward to finally being able to get my mark 1 eyeball on those IR sams :) I haven't used a trackir for years--I bought the original--but it just had too many quirks to be usefull to me. I can't wait to see how the "latest and greatest" does!

Do I have to enable it in anyway inside of the lomac gui?

• Like 1

Just make sure it's turned on prior to starting lomac. You can't start lomac, and realize while it's executing that you need to kick on the track IR real quick. You do have to set it up- keys & sensitivity. Also- remember that LOMAC now has a wonderful broke-ass something or other that cause the trackir to drop dead if you make any changes in the options menu.

Deleting the:

"lockon\input trackir" & "lockon\config\track ir"

files, then restarting the sim fixes it.

Thanks for the head's up :)

Wow--I just finished tweaking the trackir--and it is unbelievable. I had the original trackir from years ago, and this puppy is way more advanced--ease of use and performance are way up. It's no longer a pain, sitting there trying not to move you head to much when looking forward--plus, the vector support--zooming in and out is totally cool. I'm very impressed with it--and highly recommend it to any sim enthusiast (read: anyone who flies lomac!)

I have Track IR too, and i must say it is worth the investment. you cant match it with any thing else that I know of.

For any one interested in Track IR and are willing to commit lots of time to lockon, get it, you'll love it, it's worth every penny.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

IMHO, i didn't buy the track clip because i didn't see it necessary to spend all that money while the reflectors that come with the trackir 4 did a good job. Any cap will work but since i didn't have one, i treated myself to an air force hat that i found here

http://militarysearch.usptgear.com/Page.asp?QID={1245EA7A-EA72-4658-8EBC-D57A9E34807B}&nWebPage=Category&Prod=Headwear&Branch=Air%20Force

:D

But you can also buy the trackir hat which is on the naturalpoint site if you don't want to pay shipping on both sites.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used a boy-scout hat I had lying around. lol

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

I have the track ir 4 pro, and I really wouldn't like to go back to flying without it..

I've had mine for about 1 year, and yes I'm still having problems with the sensitivity adjustments.. it seems to jump slightly when I move my head towards the edges of the screen... At first I thought that it might just be that my system wasn't powerful enough.. but I'm still having problems even with my new system... I'm now beginning to think that it might be that I'm not sitting close enough to the screen.. I don't know I'm constantly trying out different formulas and maybe I'll find the right one some day...

:music_whistling:

As far as the new tracking device I might just try this out as well.. This might just solve my problem, although I really hate wearing earphones because they hurt my ears, as I wear glasses... Huummm, but maybe with out the hat I'll be ok... but then I wont be able to hear the great sounds coming through my Infinity speakers, there's always trade-offs... :laugh:

And I'm really addicted to getting the latest devices for my Flight Sim hobby.. But If I can get the TIR stabilized it would solve my problem anyway and then I can just go ahead and get this new device to tryout just to see if I like it.... :megalol:

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

blaze--have you tried making sure your light filter is set to 100? Mine was at 282, and it would jump at the edge of the screen, or hiccup when turning. I read somewhere about the light filter setting--aned oulia! the problem went away.

Thanks BBQ.. that did it, its nice and stable now...

:thumbup:

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

The trackir 4 definitely tracks and is much smoother than trackir 3. The added resolution and fov makes a difference. The clip is great also it definitely beats having an antenna on your head :). It is very light you won't even notice it's there.

I bet they will make another clip version which does not require you to connect it to the usb port. The extra wire is a little annoying if you are a neat freak :).

I'm sure they didn't go with batteries to save some weight. They could have probably used the small battery that's in your wrist watch.

Are you listening Natural Point?

Still, the Track IR 4 with clip combo just makes loss of tracking a thing of the past.

mmm, why not? all it does is track your head and put that into the game. it has nothing to do with your monitor size or style.

I my self use a standard screen. (have no need for a wide one.) and no problems, i dont see why yours would be any different.