New to Liveries

A10Yoda

As title states, new to liveries and in the process of attempting my first AJS 37 livery but have a few questions.

1.) I noticed from the AJS livery template that the Left and Right or 1 and 2 files do not contain the same layers as the other file. Is there a reason for this?

2.) In the instructions that came with the template it labels only 5 different files that make up the AJS 37. However, I downloaded a few different player created ones and many of them include around 10 files including pilons and other files. Any reason for this?

3.) I was able to export several .dds files and was able to get it to show as a selectable livery in the modelviewer however the livery shows just solid white and no clue why..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hi,

You need this:

https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop

In the screenshot my export settings, these work.

Screenshot_1.thumb.jpg.267ce49831e1e6bb27b736de1cd69977.jpg

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
As title states, new to liveries and in the process of attempting my first AJS 37 livery but have a few questions.

1.) I noticed from the AJS livery template that the Left and Right or 1 and 2 files do not contain the same layers as the other file. Is there a reason for this?

2.) In the instructions that came with the template it labels only 5 different files that make up the AJS 37. However, I downloaded a few different player created ones and many of them include around 10 files including pilons and other files. Any reason for this?

3.) I was able to export several .dds files and was able to get it to show as a selectable livery in the modelviewer however the livery shows just solid white and no clue why..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You're essentially working with the developers actual development files...

1: The 1 & 2 files are NOT left and right. "1" is a (probably early) less complex file and the developer suggests making the livery layers there then copying them to the "2" file to export as DDS. I just exclusively use the "2" file. "2" files are the complex and detailed .psd's

2: The 5 files from the developer is what they released to us. The in game sets include the pylons and what not … so enterprising livery makers colored over those too and include them. (I don't for that matter, my darker under grey color still works with the pylons so I figure WTH).

I made a video for a different threat, but covered a lot of this on YouTube:

---

AJS37 Viggen, F-16C Viper, Adobe Premier.

X56 HOTAS, Ryzen 7, GTX 2070S

youtube.com/leadnapgaming