The Panavia Tornado

Rhino182

Just picked up booked Tornado of Tigris by Michael Napier. In fairness any variant would be surely welcomed. And is a somewhat legendary jet

Great book! I've read it last year :thumbup:

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

:thumbup:

well

you can't compare VEAO and Razbam with all due respecte wtf are you talking about dude?

Has razbam ever gave up and disappeared?no, they have released solid products over the years and they keep updating them .

As for HB so far they have only released the vigen, that's it.

• Like 1

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

I dont know, GR1 is pretty old now, GR4 had all the new weapons that were integrated onto Typhoon so I am pretty sure the documentation is not available.

GR1 was really just dumb bombs and Alarm for anti radiation and JP233 for runway denial, both of which are long out of service.

I agree, that its old. But that may or may not mean anything in terms of documentation.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

why ED or some third party has not yet done the TORNADO? it would be a perfect module for DCS also because it was one of the most used aircraft in conflicts around the world.

At least 3 third parties have stated their intentions on making a Tornado in the past. It's only a question of when and who, but it will certainly happen, I'm sure.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 1 month later...

+1 for this beautiful aircraft - I saw part of the farewell flypast over Andover - I would love if HB could put their 2 seat tech to use on any variant of this fantastic jet!

Edit: I am not usually a pre-order man but this would be an instant buy, providing it was presented by ED or a reputable 3rd party.

Edited by John Maynard
  • Like 1

i7-5820 3.3GHz, 980ti, 32Gb DDR4, VKB Gunfighter MCG, X-56 Throttle, TrackIR5, TM MFCDs w/LCD

• 4 months later...
At least 3 third parties have stated their intentions on making a Tornado in the past. It's only a question of when and who, but it will certainly happen, I'm sure.

Hopefully. I mean, thats the aircraft that flew all more or less over europe when a lot of us grew up, including me. I can still remeber when they flew supersonic (it wasn't prohibited at that time) over our house. We lived right between Manching (WTD 61) and Neuburg (back in the day still called Mölders - and yes I know, they flew the Phantom, but there was always a Tonka somewhere near).

Thats probably the most fun aircraft to fly in DCS, espacially in Kaukasus given the TFR. :drunk:

Well, lets hope, at a given time, it will come.

The Tornado is being developed by as many people as the Tornado Development Team contains. It progresses rapidly with the speed of the Tornado development progress. It will be released at the Tornado release date. 

Support your local Getränkemarkt. :grin:

• 2 months later...
Hopefully. I mean, thats the aircraft that flew all more or less over europe when a lot of us grew up, including me. I can still remeber when they flew supersonic (it wasn't prohibited at that time) over our house. We lived right between Manching (WTD 61) and Neuburg (back in the day still called Mölders - and yes I know, they flew the Phantom, but there was always a Tonka somewhere near).

Used to get at least 10 pairs a day over the town I grew up ( along with Hawks & Hercs, and then visits by just about every NATO aircraft you can think of ). The GR1 avionics seem to hit the sweet spot for gaming, enough info & automation to help & have fun features but enough input required to keep it really interesting. Reading a few things about the F3 recently & that would also be an interesting plane in it's later versions, but it does rather slot in the same spot as the Tomcat.

• Like 1

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

• 1 year later...
En 11/3/2018 a las 20:39, Rhino182 dijo:

Hello, also the GERMAN LUFTWAFFE and GERMAN MARINEFLIEGER TORNADO would be nice assets for DCS (both 2.5 - for players that are still using this version - and 2.7)

En 11/3/2018 a las 20:39, Rhino182 dijo:

True but tbh I just wanna fly the Mach loop

LUFTWAFFE MODERNISED TORNADO 1.jpg

LUFTWAFFE MODERNISED TORNADO 2.jpg

LUFTWAFFE MODERNISED TORNADO 3.jpg

LUFTWAFFE MODERNISED TORNADO 4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
En 12/5/2021 a las 22:39, Tank50us dijo:

That one pic of the Tornado looks like they're slamming on those brakes. I can imagine the pilot yelling (in German) "STOP! STOP! STOP! SLOW DOWN YOU B--H!"

Yes he must have yelled at the airplane: Halt! Abbremsen, Schwein! Scheisse. (Stop! Step on the brakes, you Pig!)

On 5/12/2021 at 10:39 PM, Tank50us said:

That one pic of the Tornado looks like they're slamming on those brakes. I can imagine the pilot yelling (in German) "STOP! STOP! STOP! SLOW DOWN YOU B--H!"

That's the thrust reverser in action (look at the engine exhausts). 😉

You can see similar behaviour with the Viggen.

• Like 1

Tornado3 small.jpg

I love this plane so much. 

Why is its vertical stabilizer so huge? I mean almost bigger than the wings

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

On 5/26/2021 at 7:29 AM, ebabil said:

Two engines = bigger vertical stabilizer needed in case of one engine failure to maintain yaw stability.

Probably more aerodynamic consideration as well, after all F-111 has relatively smaller vertical stab being low level penetration two engines swing wing strike aircraft just like Tornado.

Edited by bies

On 5/26/2021 at 6:29 AM, ebabil said:

With wings swept, the centre of gravity is well back on the Tonka. Thus the moment arm of the fin is short and it needs to be large, not only for asymmetric power situations.  Wing sweep gives you strong secondary roll with yaw, so with so much sweep, the last thing you want is an aircraft not rock stable in yaw.  With hindsight, and also something the Typhoon designers forgot, the large single vertical stab is a huge rader reflection. two smaller ones would give far better radar signature.

Clevo P775TM1-G laptop with 9900K and RTX2080. Airliner pilot by day and keen simmer on days off.

Mark.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Tonker said:

the only modern non-flyable

Wouldn't read anything into it, also pretty sure there was a Su-34 too somewhere in the video.

Edit: nevermind, rewatched and no Su-34 in the vid. But I'd still not read too much into it yet.

Edited by WinterH

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script