OT Online playing (revisited)

I have downloaded Hyperlobby client (not sure what client means!) and have no idea what you do. I cannot say I have the 'bug' wanting to play online but rather a curiousity.

Can anyone give the forum an A to Z of online play, plus time zones, as I am a UK person, and so forth?

I have heard you can also talk over the internet while you are playing!! is this true as it would be very much more enjoyable if you can.

Mizzy

Ironhands Tutorial, Flying Online: A Beginner's guide to getting there was invaluable in setting me up for my on-line experience and can recommend. Worth a look.:)

Quote: "Want to fly online? Not sure how to get there? This tutorial teaches you how to connect both on your own and through the Ubisoft and Hyperlobby game servers. You'll learn not only how to join an existing game but also how to host games of your own. What you learn here is applicable to both LOMAC V1.02 and Flaming Cliffs V1.12a. Along the way you'll learn about some potential roadblocks (firewalls, etc) and some comms software that will heighten your experience and add to your enjoyment."

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Yup, that's an awsome movie.

Hyperlobbys pretty streight forward. The list of servers are on the left. click one for server info, and click the "join this game" button to play on it.

Make sure there are actually people on the server. usually on the dedicated server, it says 1/32. this does not mean that there is a person ther. just the server it's self. join a server with 4 or more. that's what I do.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Yup, that's an awsome movie.

Hyperlobbys pretty streight forward. The list of servers are on the left. click one for server info, and click the "join this game" button to play on it.

Make sure there are actually people on the server. usually on the dedicated server, it says 1/32. this does not mean that there is a person ther. just the server it's self. join a server with 4 or more. that's what I do.

Or join a server with 2/32 and join the other side (3/32) so you can find and kill him/her :D .

No problems with IFF because you have only 1 enemy (1on1 also great with ER’s on the Su-27 and no lag)

What I do is check on a regular basis the scoreboard to check eventually new joiners!

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

Mizzy if you have not already installed HL- you'll need to give it the path to your lock on folder when prompted. You can get this by right clicking the desktop icon, selecting properties. The complete path is probably already highlighted and will look like this:

"C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\LOCKON.EXE"

You may have a different letter at the front than "C"

Simply right click the highlighted path- copy and begin the installation. When the box asks you for it- right click and paste it into the box. (or ctrl+V)