[invalid, fixed by ED] Server setting to force customized tree setting.

D4n

ED already added minimum setting of 30% tree viewdistance

Currently there is way too much cheating going on in DCS multiplayer (PvP), please enable a server setting that forces a specific minimum tree setting for all clients to join the server. (maybe with the coming patch?)

Edited by D4n
  • Like 1
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Currently there is way too much cheating going on in DCS multiplayer (PvP), please enable a server setting that forces a specific minimum tree setting for all clients to join the server. (maybe with the coming patch?)

I have to admit, I agree with you, being able to remove all trees while in game is going to bring the dishonest of us.

Dont get me wrong i understand why they would. but yes being able to lock it will be great.

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Yep I understand too, that for countries with expensive computer parts (russia maybe?) not everyone wants to have trees at max graphics settings, but at least let server admins force 25, 50 or 100%...

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

+1

I'm curious to know what other kinds of cheating people do in DCS...

Btw, I'd say cheating and playing high fidelity simulators are extremely conflicting interests, aren't they?

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map

they surely are... but there are some angry russians out there... (I only know of 1 who got banned from OP Blue Flag server iirc)

Sure, but 2.5 attracts many new DCS players to multiplayer, now especially with Mirage working quite well, Harrier released, F-18 and F-14 about being released...

Flying with no trees in 2.5 is REALLY a pain in the eyes. Those guys must REALLY want to win so bad, lol.

I fly with max trees visibility, and I still find that's too low. I've tried lowering it (for performance reasons), but 2.5 looks real fugly that way.

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

+1 server should have abiltity to force a MIN value for trees

Yes!

I'd not play on servers with low trees - cos ugly. But forcing a long tree render distance as a minimum would be much better.

This would keep it looking good whilst preventing exploitation.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

-1 wish we had the rep system back..

making people to give up precious FPS is a bad idea and will force them away from MP alltogether.

(and bevor someone says "it does not cost any fps, i say, maybe on your PC....")

have you ever considert that the problem is people hiding thier Ground units in Woods...? or that AI drives into and shoots out of woods? maybe we should adress this issues first , because i consider hiding units that can shoot throu trees cheating and even worse, they then cry on forums when thier cheating behavior does not work....

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

For balance here is an alternative position on the subject. Whilst I agree there will always be an un-desirable element that will use exploits to their advantage, let's not tar everyone with the rather unsavoury CHEATING brush.... Don't get me wrong I despise cheaters in whatever form they take but is a slider the solution to the problem or simply an exclusion tool. Let me explain....

Of course there will be people with high end PCs willing to turn down their settings to gain an advantage which is particularly sad but let's not forget those whose hardware is at the lower end of the spectrum. They too wish to enjoy the PvP environment and if servers start implementing what you have suggested, some may become EXCLUDED because their experience will become a stutter fest.

Some of the onus lay with the server Mission Builders, as they have a balancing act to perform too. I build a lot of missions and hiding units in the woods is a fantastic option but that option has always been available as has tree settings, so why is this suddenly an issue. Hide vehicles in built up areas where the tree slider has no impact would be an option. Anyway, If you get your slider and they use it, how many people do they then exclude because they have a lower spec PC? Does the server then get a reputation for being elitist rather than inclusive? Do the server visitor stats then start to drop off? Does the server then shutdown? All extremes but all plausible scenarios, all of which would be a shame.

The specs issue does not affect me personally so I have no axe to grind from that perspective but please if anyone has reached the stage of becoming overzealous in their competitive nature and are seeing cheaters around every corner......perhaps they need a slider to dial it back a bit LOL.:megalol:

YES the cheats are out there and banning those caught doing so is better than excluding those with lower end PCs. Just a thought for the day.

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To those that are asking for this feature, how you even know that the guy that you just lost a dogfight with did had the trees off and this setting did actually helped him?

That's the only option that would make any sense. Min setting would at least not affect those that want to fly with a high graphics settings. Maybe even the option is not needed - just to make the things simpler for everyone and include a default, minimum limit in DCS.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Cheating in DCS? I mean... it might happen on some servers, but I would say unlikely. Wrong type of audience. To me it is baffeling that Sensor exports usually are turned off, so no cockpit builders can enjoy thier RWR's etc. IC in general is doing more bad than good when it comes to mods. Again, server toggable, but I find it quite sad that most servers seems to have a fear that DCS players would abuse it to cheat...

^^ Unfortunately, there's no such thing as wrong type of audience.

Server enforcing vegetation visibility isn't a radical measure, Arma3 multiplayer always used this to level the play field, not even a matter of cheating, per say.

And I guess it's not that bad on performance, there are other and more significant graphics settings to tweak...

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

The potential cheating element is for A2G in my option not A2A, again im not saying people do, but the option to remove trees while ingame, is the issue.

For example. your hiding in a tank in a forest. the pilot over head cant see you due to the trees, BUT they can press the ESC key and reduce the trees to zero, thus allowing them to easily spot the tank with no trees.

You kill the tank and move the slider back to show the trees. this is the problem i can see happening.(again not saying people do)

Simply allowing the mission builder the option to disable the slider ingame is all that's needed, that way it will stop potential issues, but remain fair to those with different spec machines.

yes they can come out the game and do this in the settings, and you cant stop that. BUT it will help in game

• Like 1

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Yes, that!

Not just a forced value, but a minimum that you can increase if you want and your PC can handle it.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Anyway, If you get your slider and they use it, how many people do they then exclude because they have a lower spec PC?

The server I play on (DDCS) 0%, everyone on that server has 1060 6GB or better, some even GTX 1080 Ti.

Does the server then get a reputation for being elitist rather than inclusive?

Elitist yes! But new DCS players (with average hardware) can join too!

Do the server visitor stats then start to drop off?

No lol, and even if, then only by 1-5% lol

Does the server then shutdown?

No lol dafuq where did you get that idea from bro?

All extremes but all plausible scenarios, all of which would be a shame.

Nope

The server I play on (DDCS) 0%, everyone on that server has 1060 6GB or better, some even GTX 1080 Ti.

stop posting lies!!:mad: and i play on that server

i have only 8gb and a 970 and i notice a difference in tree distance!

Edited by Nero.ger

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

Oh sorry I thought by 2018 every hardcore DCS pilot upgraded to 16GB. (I guess Wags expected the same when he released 2.5.....)

We cant support old tech forever, time goes ahead.

So just update minimin required sys specs in dcs info page: 1060 etc..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]