[invalid, fixed by ED] Server setting to force customized tree setting.

D4n

everything as low as it gets execpt:

Textures MED (cant be low because then the HUD of the AV8 is empty....)

ViewDist MED

MSAA 4x

Trees 20%

no shadows of course

AF 16x

also no Def.Shader

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

Would also help to see your system specs in your forum signature, Nero :)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

ViewDist MED

MSAA 4x

Trees 20%

no shadows of course

AF 16x

also no Def.Shader

Switch MSAA and AF OFF and you can have trees to 100%

ViewDist MED

MSAA 4x

Trees 20%

no shadows of course

AF 16x

also no Def.Shader

Thanks for the answer, please see my graphics settings in the attached pic. Although I disabled AF in game, I did enable it in the Nvidia control panel, so I do have AF 16x. My texture is at HIGH because even at MEDIUM some aircraft cockpits are unreadable (hope ED fixes it). My PC specs are in my signature.

I've been playing on the Blue Flag server and getting relatively acceptable FPS. I also played on the DDCS server and didn't remember much problems with FPS. Though I can't actually say my FPS are good (I should probably disable shadows too). Disabling deferred shading for me was worse, FPS enhances in some areas but decreases horribly in other areas. And having MSAA OFF is not that bad as I thought it would be.

EDIT: resolution of cockpit displays also causes huge FPS drop when I fly the Ka-50 and Su-25T, specially when I fire missiles/rockets. But having it lower than 1024 really hinders your combat capacity.

settings.thumb.jpg.7018e825110d924a632aa5b7563bddba.jpg

Edited by PeaceSells

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map

everything below 60 is unacceptable for me. i prefer stable fps, and i am perfectly happy to sacrifice visuals to achieve that. what i am not happy with is if its forced on me what i can do and what not

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

Setting 60 FPS as a limit is kind of a very high standard for DCS... I guess even if you have a good PC. I wouldn't say having FPS above 60 is more important than evening out trees visibility for everyone.

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Maybe because you're seeing trees only from the aesthetic aspect? There's an important balance aspect there too, unfortunately often overlooked...

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

that would mean that everyone would have to have the same settings.

Drawdistance, texture resolution...hell even screensize.

hopefully ED has the wisdom to tackle this issue in a smart way.

just preventing the ability to change the setting on the fly might be a start.

But the balance issue remains, AI can hide and shoot out of the woods.

This discussion was born on a server where you can spawn and drive vehicles around and capture stuff with vehicles...

.i leave it to everyone imagination what happend, but some people like to hide vehicle and other want/need to destroy them

that would mean that everyone would have to have the same settings.

Drawdistance, texture resolution...hell even screensize.

That's different, changing these settings won't allow seeing through obstacles.

hopefully ED has the wisdom to tackle this issue in a smart way.

just preventing the ability to change the setting on the fly might be a start.

It's possible to change graphic settings on the fly? I can't seem to find how to do it... Maybe I'm missig something?

This discussion was born on a server where you can spawn and drive vehicles around and capture stuff with vehicles...

.i leave it to everyone imagination what happend, but some people like to hide vehicle and other want/need to destroy them

Well, isn't that what they are supposed to do? Try and hide in the vegetation, while others are supposed to try and destroy them... kinda how it works, right?

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

The server I play on (DDCS) 0%, everyone on that server has 1060 6GB or better, some even GTX 1080 Ti.

Elitist yes! But new DCS players (with average hardware) can join too!

No lol, and even if, then only by 1-5% lol

No lol dafuq where did you get that idea from bro?

Nope

Is the server host Drex aware you are making these false claims about his server?

• 4 years later...

+1

Yeah it would be great to allow servers to control this. If players can't run trees at a high enough level then they will just have to find another server to play in. Most servers that don't run a ground game could allow 0% trees and it wouldn't matter. Servers that do on the other hand really need a way to stop the "zoom out, see dots, drop bombs or shoot guns" meta that we have now. This is especially true when the ground game is run by the players and every unit is created by someone in a helicopter slinging crates using an in game currency like we do on DDCS.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2018 at 5:14 AM, Shady said:

Why force settings that makes it unplayable for people like me? Thats stupid.

Because D4N loves to make ridiculous requests in the dubious quest for ''PvP balance''. I wouldn't sweat worrying about it.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

• D4n changed the title to [invalid, fixed by ED] Server setting to force customized tree setting.

ED already added global minimum value of 30% long time ago, all fine now, guys...

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

On 3/27/2022 at 7:34 PM, NeMoGas said:

+1

Yeah it would be great to allow servers to control this. If players can't run trees at a high enough level then they will just have to find another server to play in. Most servers that don't run a ground game could allow 0% trees and it wouldn't matter. Servers that do on the other hand really need a way to stop the "zoom out, see dots, drop bombs or shoot guns" meta that we have now. This is especially true when the ground game is run by the players and every unit is created by someone in a helicopter slinging crates using an in game currency like we do on DDCS.

+1

We have had the 30% for a long time now. It does not really help with the issues I mentioned above. Even at 100% you can do the zoom meta thing, but it becomes harder. Honestly it would be better if unit rendering inside trees was culled until the trees render. In other words, if the unit is inside a forest you should not be able to see that unit when you zoom out and your trees disappear. Instead the unit inside the trees should also disappear until the trees load in.

• Like 2

On 4/15/2022 at 7:35 PM, NeMoGas said:

it would be better if unit rendering inside trees was culled until the trees render. In other words, if the unit is inside a forest you should not be able to see that unit when you zoom out and your trees disappear. Instead the unit inside the trees should also disappear until the trees load in.

Great idea! Best you create a new wishlist thread for that since it's a new idea and link the thread here, I'm sure all of us will support the idea and post there

• 5 weeks later...

Any signalling from ED about including this in server settings?  

Restricting the player/client side from reducing trees down to zero for ground game is critical to keeping thing fair.  

I do like the idea of having tree rendering perhaps associated  with nearby units.    i.e.  trees render first, before units, so units aren't easily identifiable.  

Change it to  Tree & ground unit render distance?   People would be setting it on max then.