Black Shark Update, 16 September 2007

Well; keep in mind I am only a beta tester. I am sure ED wishes to do an F-16 in the future, but I do not know when - for now, it is the Ka-50 :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well; keep in mind I am only a beta tester. I am sure ED wishes to do an F-16 in the future, but I do not know when - for now, it is the Ka-50 :)

Copy that, i really hope we'll see this so anticipated addon soon.

Yeah I assumed that an USAF F-15C and Israeli one should differ a lot more than just the paint scheme, like it is now in LO:) But we can't blame anyone for that matter, I suppose there's no way for ED to get exact data for the Israeli machines, or at least not in the same details as for the US ones. It's not a case like the German MiG-29s, much more complicated and classified.

EDIT: Hey getsno, hello from a fresh RvE member! S! Hope to see you active soon!

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Got a link to your site?

Here you go (it's in hebrew:) ).

http://www.preflight.us/HE/forums.html

also you we have a special Thread for people who don't speak the language - International Users:

http://www.preflight.us/HE/forum-25.html

Please (i know you're busy with BS project, and we are waiting for this

Sim impatiently, BUT please don't forget us' we really need another jet.

Yeah I assumed that an USAF F-15C and Israeli one should differ a lot more than just the paint scheme, like it is now in LO:) But we can't blame anyone for that matter, I suppose there's no way for ED to get exact data for the Israeli machines. It's not a case like the German MiG-29s, much more complicated and classified.

EDIT: Hey getsno, hello from a fresh RvE member! S! Hope to see you active soon!

Salute mate!:smilewink:

I know there is alot of clasified data that can not be revield, but isn't it

the same with the american models? I'm sure there is some classified stuff

too that can't be share in our Sim.

I hope i'll be active in a couple of months (Really busy:( ).

my best regards to all of the RvE members:thumbup:

Well, as far as I can tell we can't even get layouts for Israeli cockpits ... whereas we can get those for the USAF machines.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Salute mate!:smilewink:

I know there is alot of clasified data that can not be revield, but isn't it

the same with the american models? I'm sure there is some classified stuff

too that can't be share in our Sim.

No doubt about that. After all this is a comercial product, we can't expect it be 100% identical to the real thing. Otherwise it wouldn't cost 15$:) My point is that there is much more declassified data for US and Russian a/c compared to the modified Us planes your air force operates. I might be wrong but from what I've read yours F-16 and F-15 have completely different (Elbit or IAI built) combat avionics- ECMs, data link, weapons.

I hope i'll be active in a couple of months (Really busy:( ).

my best regards to all of the RvE members:thumbup:

Rgr that. AS said that he had met you at the FO boards and that you salute all the squad. I'll be glad to meet you ASAP. Take care.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Hello once again:)

my friends here (from the forum) have a couple of questions if you please:

1.Will we see in BS updates to the eagle such as IFF system or the

Python 4/5 missiles combined with Elbit helmet?

2.Will the F-15 or other plane will be push-button cockpits?

Thanks for your patient people.:thumbup:

The focus is the Ka-50, as such you shouldn't expect much for the rest of the aircraft in general.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

GG is correct. To repeat myself from another thread:

"Selection of what aircraft we do next is not an easy decision and is based on several factors. These include what aircraft we have the most data and images (cockpit generally) for, which aircraft we have SMEs (pilots generally) that we can work with, which aircraft publishers are willing to provide development funding for and which aircraft coincide with our defense industry projects and company growth into this sector. At this point in time, the Ka-50 makes the best sense for the company and the bulk of the work being done on Black Shark will be focused on improving the over-all combat environment for an attack helicopter (hence the focus on new ground vehicles and other helicopters). At a later date I'm very sure we'll return to other fixed-wing aircraft, but for the time being, the Ka-50 and its associated combat environment is the focus -- not improving the earlier Lock On aircraft."

Ok Wags, understood i'll notify my people.

I really hope we'll see the so anticipated BS pretty soon,

and hope you'll not forget the BLUE side in your next

update or addon in the aircraft field and the weapons field as well.:smilewink:

• 2 weeks later...

Attn: WAGS Please update us every 60 days!

Attn: WAGS Please update us every 60 days! (starting Now)

is this too much to ask?

Thank you!

:music_whistling:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Thanks for information, that give two more years developpment for a new release.

Hard for me, My FC (orginial) is not running on vista 64bits, and my pc dual core, get blocking and error at boot, because Star force protecting look incompatible. i must uninstall.

With IL2,fsx, Falcon AF; F/A 18,Xplane, SFP, ..., i have no problem on vista

regards

Wags, Thanks for the update. Wags has the A-10 model been updated since ED has made this A-10C sim for the military? For BS that is. I'm just talking about the external model only. Also, will there ever be heat blur on the helos? Great work guys.

K-Roll

For me its more important (I know its 99% impossible...) if they add another chooper to the BLUE side instead of thinking in another fixed wing. AH-64 or AH-1 it would be nice to see... As well as a Tiger or something like that. But as I said earlier its a impossible to do, if one helicopter requires the time and resources to do as this one i dont know if it was 2 or 3 helicopters. But it was a really nice thing to add, specially in online flights. Thats my wish, but again its only a dream. I am just share it with you. Its already a big evolution in terms of military helicopter simulation.

Best regards to all and I hope the project is getting were you want it to reach.

Focha

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

I say this a hundred times, but no one listens ...

It wasn't just 'adding a helicopter' ... ED developed entirely new technology for the cockpit and the aircraft's internal systems.

'Just adding a new flyable' is gross over-simplification.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I say this a hundred times, but no one listens ...

It wasn't just 'adding a helicopter' ... ED developed entirely new technology for the cockpit and the aircraft's internal systems.

'Just adding a new flyable' is gross over-simplification.

Hi there again.

I know that. Thats why I said this:

"Its already a big evolution in terms of military helicopter simulation."

I said this to:

"But as I said earlier its a impossible to do, if one helicopter requires the time and resources to do(...)"

I know it has a new engine. Thats why its impossible to add the new features (like clickable VC) to LOMAC FC... And other stuff. I am just saying that my dream for this simulator was to have not only one flyable aircraft (Ka-50) but another one that could counter-part online missions with some other helicopter for the BLUE side. Its like on FC the Su-25 and the A-10. That was really nice. But again, I know thats impossible because you have done already so much. And if you add another helicopter to the simulation you have at least to spend some 2/4 of the total time (just an estimative) you have spend at this time. I dont now how it is the new engine, and i dont now how it works, i dont know the code for the systems and i dont know the programming that was necessary to do all that systems. But if you can tweak the code already done for the Ka-50 for the avionics systems (for example) and adapt it to a new helicopter (tweaking for example the values for that systems) i dont know but i think it can work. Obviously if you do it from scratch that was insanity. If you do it from scratch it will take you the double of work, time and budget at least for the code not talking about modeling the cockpit for the new helicopter. Im just saying that I would love the idea of having another helicopter to fly in this, already, beautiful simulation. Since Longbow 2 from Janes that I have wanted a modern combat helicopter simulation with the same quality (for the time) as Longbow 2. On of the many great things that Longbow 2 have was the possibility to fly 3 helicopters (OH-58, UH-60, AH-64). In my dream I have a picture of two sides on BLUE the other RED, and, like the Longbow, have the possibility of having some helicopters to fly with different roles. In my dream the online battles are really intense and dynamic. Well but that is only my dream. You already have done so much of what I saw in my dream that the least I can do is thank you for it and, like the others fans, give you all the support and patience that you need to accomplish your project. I am not here to point anything to anyone. I am just here to express my feelings and my wishes.

With any thing further to say. Sorry for the big post here.

Best regards to all and continue with the great work. I wish that you accomplish your dreams to.

Focha

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

Hi there again.

I know that. Thats why I said this:

"Its already a big evolution in terms of military helicopter simulation."

I said this to:

"But as I said earlier its a impossible to do, if one helicopter requires the time and resources to do(...)"

I know it has a new engine. Thats why its impossible to add the new features (like clickable VC) to LOMAC FC... And other stuff. I am just saying that my dream for this simulator was to have not only one flyable aircraft (Ka-50) but another one that could counter-part online missions with some other helicopter for the BLUE side. Its like on FC the Su-25 and the A-10. That was really nice. But again, I know thats impossible because you have done already so much. And if you add another helicopter to the simulation you have at least to spend some 2/4 of the total time (just an estimative) you have spend at this time. I dont now how it is the new engine, and i dont now how it works, i dont know the code for the systems and i dont know the programming that was necessary to do all that systems. But if you can tweak the code already done for the Ka-50 for the avionics systems (for example) and adapt it to a new helicopter (tweaking for example the values for that systems) i dont know but i think it can work. Obviously if you do it from scratch that was insanity. If you do it from scratch it will take you the double of work, time and budget at least for the code not talking about modeling the cockpit for the new helicopter. Im just saying that I would love the idea of having another helicopter to fly in this, already, beautiful simulation. Since Longbow 2 from Janes that I have wanted a modern combat helicopter simulation with the same quality (for the time) as Longbow 2. On of the many great things that Longbow 2 have was the possibility to fly 3 helicopters (OH-58, UH-60, AH-64). In my dream I have a picture of two sides on BLUE the other RED, and, like the Longbow, have the possibility of having some helicopters to fly with different roles. In my dream the online battles are really intense and dynamic. Well but that is only my dream. You already have done so much of what I saw in my dream that the least I can do is thank you for it and, like the others fans, give you all the support and patience that you need to accomplish your project. I am not here to point anything to anyone. I am just here to express my feelings and my wishes.

With any thing further to say. Sorry for the big post here.

Best regards to all and continue with the great work. I wish that you accomplish your dreams to.

Focha

A long post isn't a big deal - but putting in a few line breaks makes it easier to read ;)

It is true that once the technology supporting the 3D clickable pit and AFM has been developed, it is easier to implement the next aircraft - however:

1. The Ka50 is a single-seater. The vast majority of helicopters are not, and coping with that requires a significant amount of effort.

2. Getting information on the other helicopters in sufficient detail to model them in the simulation may be difficult.

3. . . . . while it probably wouldn't be much comfort, two flyables effectively doubles the workload of the beta testers. It's not all fun :P

Once one helicopter's been built, it's not entirely unfair to expect another.

But Black Shark is about the Ka50 - more helicopters may follow, but if they do it Will Take Time.

You'll be very busy learning how to fly the Ka-50 and operate it's systems, trust me. Soon after it comes out you'll understand why it is focused only on one helicopter- the depth of the modeling is such that you'll realize that you'll have to wait for lets say 1-2 more years for another helicopter modeled in the same degree. I'm pretty confident that all helo enthusiasts will be quiet happy with what BS will bring to them.

=RvE=

AirTito,

how about some info on what life is like for a pc trying to run BS? I'm interested in what frame rates are like in the ground war aspect with lots of helicopter and vehicle activity, plus the various weapons going off. Basically what tends to bog the pc down?

This has probably been adresssed before, but fresh input is always welcome.

Flyby out

ps I can only imagine how hard it would be to model a two-seater gunship. MP play in that format would be very challenging, I think.

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

MP play in that format would be very challenging, I think.

I can see it now...

'Shoot him!'

'Who??'

'HIM!!!'

'But I've already shot him!'

'NOT THAT ONE!!'

Lt. Commander Block: Every aerial photo and recon report indicate a defensive arsenal in the D, and perhaps negative C, categories. There's also some anti-aircraft squadrons.

Admiral Benson: I don't have a clue what you're talkin' about, Phil. Not a clue. I have a shell the size of a fist in my head. Pork Chop Hill. The only way I can make this toupee to stay on is by magnetizing the entire upper left quadrant of my skull, so you just go ahead and do what you do.

AirTito,

how about some info on what life is like for a pc trying to run BS? I'm interested in what frame rates are like in the ground war aspect with lots of helicopter and vehicle activity, plus the various weapons going off. Basically what tends to bog the pc down?

This has probably been adresssed before, but fresh input is always welcome.

Flyby out

ps I can only imagine how hard it would be to model a two-seater gunship. MP play in that format would be very challenging, I think.

Well I'm not so familiar with the hardware stuff but I can tell you that BS and FC are not very different in terms of performance, for the moment. So if your PC handles normaly FC you should be OK with BS. It won't be some monster that will eat up yor system so don't worry. But it is never surplus to upgrade your system. Just for reference- my specs are AMD 3500+, 1GB RAM, 7800GT video and I run FC at 1280x1024, scenes, mirrors and water at medium, terr.preload 50km, everything else to max and I have 25 FPS in average, sometimes more(at medium and high altitude 40-50 and more), only ocasionaly less(15-20 over cities). Turning off the mirrors and the heat blur adds 5 to 10 FPS in average.

As you can see my system is not that good but I have acceptable performance in BS at the same settings like FC.

About the two-seaters- I guess it's dificult not only for the gunships but for the fast movers as well, otherwise why we haven't seen it so far implemented (except for the LAN test mode that was in 1.02). Again, this is away of my area of knowledge, but I can only suppose how complex is to write such software.

=RvE=