Black Shark Update, 16 September 2007

• ED Team
Anyway, here's some photos of a real ka-50

http://66.249.91.104/translate_c?hl=en&langpair=ru%7Cen&u=http://walkarounds.airforce.ru/avia/rus/kamov/ka-50/index.htm

Thought it might be interesting to you beta testers to compare real shots with the hi-poly model in BS.

Those aren't screen shots? ;)

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well to say that is a too old engine is just BS ;) and not have the 6dof in ALL cockpit is just lame. And it is certainly not the time that was the problem. They had and have plenty of time Il2 witch is older has better clouds for Gash sake. been complaining for ages on this forum with the dev team about the world turbulences online etc.. those guys keep adding those tanks and ground object and they should work on the crafts that we will actually fly.. I am desapointed and will be i'm sure and thatis the sad part ..

Okay, so you're not getting what you want. That you were told a -long- time ago.

They better set good priorities straight..

Lack of alignement of ED's priorities with your own is not an indication that ED has not got their priorities straight.

Harsh words maybe, but they had to be said.

Let me make this even clearer:

Your priorities != ED's priorities

harsh words but i placed my Flaming cliff on a shelve now for about a year and not flaying it anymore because of the lack of support and bad FM, Bad weather Online, Bad clouds and please no BS with the Su25..

You know of a modern flight combat sim with better FMs? ... good on you though, you don't play it because you don't have fun with it. Fair enough, no one said there's anything wrong with that.

Any problem guys about what you feel of this sim well want to fix things well lets the team dev know what you think.

The dev team already knows, and the dev team already has plans, and I'm sorry if their priorities are not the same as your priorities. They already announced what their priorities are, and they won't change them for you.

Harsh words, I know.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Not the HUD, but whatever's attached to it. It could even be the LWR or an RWR.

The pit config is different from the one we have in BS, which you can see in the screenies.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

yes a big desapointement... it's a simulation before all right ? so lets work on those FM's then after the tanks.. I know i repeat myself again and again but many peoples think the same way and wont say it.. well i do .

Have you ever notice the extremely bad F15 FM for example ?

Than just say openly that the EB team will not make things better in some aspect, clear and simple stop the misconceptions. at list we know that we are buying a game than we all agree. I'm starting to understand the Falcon's guys now.. Need help for FM lets me know i can help you.

• ED Team
yes a big desapointement... it's a simulation before all right ? so lets work on those FM's then after the tanks.. I know i repeat myself again and again but many peoples think the same way and wont say it.. well i do .

Than just say openly that the EB team will not make things better in some aspect, clear and simple stop the misconceptions. at list we know that we are buying a game than we all agree. I'm starting to understand the Falcon's guys now.. Need help for FM lets me know i can help you.

Hello The_GOZR,

a simple forum search could help you in the struggle for certain things. I know you are new on this forums but things are written in stone already on most aspects you ask for. Everything which will be fixed should be seen as a bonus.

"Whining / bitching" wont bring you anything - its just a advise so u can stay relaxed. Afaik the "Falcon FM" isnt thaaaat good tbh.

Let me clear it up for you once more then - it might be that I had not explained things very clearly before - and pardon my abrupt tone, such as it may be.

The Black Shark title focuses on the BLACK SHARK.

On the BLACK SHARK FM.

The BLACK SHARK combat environment.

The BLACK SHARK avionics

The BLACK SHARK weapon systems

NOT the F-15 FM

NOT the F-15 Avionics

NOT the russian plane avionics or FM's either

NOT the air to air missiles

NOT the air turbulence

NOT the weather

This was made VERY CLEAR by ED, a long time ago. The Ka-50 is the absolute PRIORITY of the title to the exclusion of -all- else. As such the expectation that anything else will be touched should be -zero-.

It just seems that people don't know how to read, or they forget quickly.

Yes, the Ka-50 title IS a flight simulation FIRST. It is a flight simulation of the Ka-50.

Does that help make things more clear?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's russian so what do you mean ? It's suppose to be bad and it's ok ?

Wait for what ? btw.. ;) anyway just say my six month rant.. I'm just sad to see no willing to inprove what is wrong with this game and the guys from the dev team of this forum just gobbing all the BS and completely satisfied with what they have... it's just nuts..

Anyway wait it's the only thing we can do here, we will see.

Because russians maby dont have acces to the stuff from the west?

At least i think so...but i think it is harder for russians to get acces to US stuff....Yes i also think there must be allot improvement in lomac...yes allot...But as GGTharos said...black shark is focussed on black shark, eveything extra is nice.....but it is focussed on the KA-50.

We must be happy that the ground objects are more detailed so more fun to kill! We will just have to wait and wait en be patient!:smilewink: But i hope it won't be a stalker story.....waiting to long:smilewink:

DCS World, A10C, AV8B, M2k, FA18C, FC3, MIG21

GOZR, yes, I know it might be dissapointing - I'm an aircraft guy too ... but there's more to this. For ED this is a step in the right direction and for us it is a step in the right direction as well, in the long-term. It may not be simulating the aircraft you want, but do consider what this level of simulation will bring to future products.

All future ED aircraft will feature this level of simulation, plus other parts of the game will probably be getting improved at the same time, like comms, editor, and so on. It is easy to say 'ED fix this' but unfortunately ED cannot really stay with the SFM and the SFM aircrafts if they wish to stay competitive, I think. They must move on - every moment they spend on the SFM aircraft is a moment they are not spending on entirely new things, and it is better to have entirely new, more modern things.

Unfortunately, I think ED cannot at once fix/move everything to the new cockpit and FM engine either.

And do keep in mind ... that the tanks you see added etc are being created by 3rd parties, not ED for the most part!

All that said, I know that the devs wish to fix at least some of the problems - they have openly said so here in the forums, and Wags expressed also a possibility of a 1.13FC patch, which would really be great for everyone with FC. Despite this, I would hope that people will also get Black Shark. It is a -very- different animal from anything that you've seen done by ED so far. VERY different, and worthy of attention all on its own. If you ever -really- wanted to know what it's like to fly a helicopter ... and especially, a helicopter in combat, without having to do so yourself ...

Forget Gunship

Forget EECH

Heck, even forget LB2.

Black Shark will show you ... what the stress and work level of a heli pilot is. There are things a simulator cannot do for you - you won't feel the acceleration, you won't get blown to bits, you won't feel pain (expect for your stick hand) but I promise you ... with a good mission ... you -will- sweat, faster and more than with the jets.

Flying the thing is challenging enough. Flying it and employing weapons? Heh. Come to me and tell me it's a piece of cake after you've tried it ... ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SO Tharos if i understand you correctly this will be a game/sim for the new black shark helicopter.. but but my question is would it be an other enemy helicopter well done in and out for some nice fights or it will be just targets practice for the BLACK SHARK.? The black shark chasing tanks ? ovoid missiles ?

I do actually make FM for helicopters as well as planes for others things btw. ;)

I don't know if I understand the question ... the Black Shark is the only new aircraft, and there is no opposing playable counterpart other than another Black Shark.

Given the feelers that ED has been putting out for the AH-64 though .. maybe they intend to release an AH-64 with the same high quality shortly after Black Shark?

I don't know, I'm speculating.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm glad you see my point there.. I am extremely curious to see what EB will come up with i'm sure they will improve many others things that they wanted to do in the past as well as things they need to improved due to demands. i really hope that it will not only be a targets practice for the Black shark, it kills the immersion when no enemy is in front of you to fight against you on the same thermes. I'm very curious to see the FM for the copter as well and hope not for a scripted feel as all other plane but one.

Can you tell them they've forgotten the ICE protective covers for the laser guided Hellfire IIs. Screen shots didn't show them unless they had been poped before.

I don't know if I understand the question ... the Black Shark is the only new aircraft, and there is no opposing playable counterpart other than another Black Shark.

Given the feelers that ED has been putting out for the AH-64 though .. maybe they intend to release an AH-64 with the same high quality shortly after Black Shark?

I don't know, I'm speculating.