Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the very unappealing, unfriendly mission editor. I am happy that this is being worked on. Hopefully, they can get real-time overhead view over the map as in flanker 2 and add a lot more functionality.

I was working on a feature to enhance the mission editor but seized coz i got stuck..

However Jabog_Zillion was well on his way with creating decent mission editor (http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=13156&page=4). He stopped working on it, just after some remarks from ED. Makes me wonder what why he stopped dead in his tracks on that mission editor :music_whistling:.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

I'll toss in that one of the most enjoyable experinces I have in IL2 is in using the full mission builder for creating online coops. So I hope I'll be able to say the same about BS when it comes out. I hope mission builder will be up to the BS hype. If not, I'll try to cope anyway.

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

24 July 2007

The Black Shark project is solely focused on the Ka-50; as such, it will have no impact on the Lock On and FC flyable aircraft. While we still wish to do a final FC patch that will focus on air-to-air systems, we can only do so when the internal resources are freed up to do so. I’m afraid that I just cannot give you an estimate as to when or if this will happen – too many other things influence this.

Does it mean, that BS is a stand alone??? Without compatibility with FC? I'm afraid about this :x

ps:

Sorry for my poor english.

Because they are 2 different commercial products. Black shark is about the KA-50, if you want to fly the 25T you need to buy FC. You will be able to fly the Su-25T in BS if you now have FC installed but if you're buying BS and you don't have FC, why would you also get the 25T when others have paid for it before.

At least that's my guess...

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Mini-Update, 10 August 2007

Currently the team is testing build 33 which added a new airfield to the simulation world and increased the height field and texture resolution of large portions of the map (most evident in the mountainous areas). The Mineralnye Vody area has a particularly detailed height field. We’re also been adjusting the world shaders for a more contrasted image. Personally, I think it looks better. We’ve also incorporated the tree edits by our newest test team member, TekaTeka.

The mission editor is progressing nicely and I had a chance to take a look at a test build this past week. The new map technology and scripting ability will be a pretty dramatic change from previous Eagle products. Since coming to work with Eagle since my Jane’s F/A-18 days, I’ve wanted to have much better mission scripting tools. This ME is a huge step in that direction. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks the ME will be available to the test team to start banging on.

It looks like we’re nearing the homestretch for the Ka-50 modeling. A few items with the fire suppression system, auto-pilot modes and caution/warning system remain, but on the whole things are starting to look pretty solid. The flight model will probably continue to be tweaked but right now it feels very tight.

Given the nature of helicopter combat, a great deal of time has been spent working on the helicopter and ground vehicle AI. This work continues, particularly because the AI helicopters now use a much more advanced flight model and this needs to be accounted for by the AI.

That’s it for now; I’ll try to do another update in a few weeks after ME and campaign system has been integrated into to the code base.

• Like 2

Same from me - good update, all sounds good. Glad to hear that the ME is about ready for the testers (though I'll be happier when they've had it long enough to knock most of the bugs out) & very happy that the hight field resolution has been improved - especially in the mountains.

Thanks for the info.

Cheers.

Excellent news, thanks for the update.

I'm VERY keen to find out more about the mission editor, I think this is the single biggest thing that I'm waiting for. I'm hoping that it will help me develop much more immersive missions.

Thanks!

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Overall, I'm looking forward to an improved mission and campaign experience. Updating the ME would offer a lot that I could play with. Especially some variability of mission timings. Most likely I'll focus on the new Editor and the BS helicopter and leave FC behind.

But I would like mission loading of the FC missions so we could convert them to the BS system. It's really going to depend on the compatability issues for creating new FC Su-25T missions. I might want to have TWO separate installations with FC and BS - but the copy protection systems might screw that up.

And I hope they keep in the campaign-movies feature. Even though only my campaign with movies comes to mind, it was a nice cool feature that, with an increased interest in the campaign, could offer cool stuff and better immersion. And they don't need to be full "Top Gun" features. I just had a guy talking and some maps & photos. And the movies didn't need to be "Top Gun" extravaganzas; I had had a guy talking with maps & photos - see My Missions Page in my sig for a sample.

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

First of all, as Wags said, they're finishing the new ME.

Wait until it's done to know what it can do and what it can't; and how.

Compatibility? It's hard because it's new from scratch. Expect to not be compatible, and if at final it's compatible, better for all.

About the copy protection that screw up... I have some different copy protection installed on my system and without problems, more than two of the same type.

And personally I agree that it could be cool to add multimedia material to the campaigns and missions :)

Carlos "Design" Pastor

AMD64x2 5200+, 4GB DDR2, Asus M2V, Nvidia Geforce GTX260, Win7 x64

To clarify on copy protection:

For the BS+FC installation, I meant that if I can't work on 1.1 missions in BlackShark, my usual option would be to copy over a version of FC(before patching in BS) to another directory. But if the CP is too stringent, that might not be possible. Lots of questions to resolve on that and I'd like to give my 2 cents worth.

And if the BS+FC version cannot load the 1.1 mission/campaign files, then all the FC campaigns/missions are useless.

Thanks for the update, Wags

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]