Black Shark Update, 16 September 2007

Ont he upsaide I wil have a couple dollars when I get my tax refund in 2008... about the time we might get something from Ed. Hey Ed, are you a Siamese twin of Oleg?

:megalol:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 September 2007

I’m afraid that there is not much to report since my previous one. The Ka-50 is just about done at this point and we’re mostly focused on testing and bug-fixing its systems. The big item in work in the mission editor (about 80% complete, the campaign builder interface, new pilot log book, and other various GUI screens. Once we get a testable mission editor, I’ll post a little overview of functionality.

small update but still thanks for keeping us in the loop :thumbup:

No longer active in DCS...

Well since its nearly donne we can always squeeze something more before the 2007 31 december deadline is met? :)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Is there any word of infantry units being implemented in BS yet? Things like that and an increase in detail and complexity of ground units would be important for a CAS helicopter sim (with a decrease in aircraft operations complexity to balance). Will tanks and such have component damage, like disabling weapons, wheels and blowing off turrets?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

How much of that video is actual in-game graphics (mainly the bullet hits on the dirt(and the dirt getting kicked up on the camera), the blood puffs, the screen shake when the arty fires and the various night vision effects)?

Want game now!!!

:joystick:

Thre will be a virtual "tactical flight course" at my blog, based on US, French and Brazilian manuals. The strucutre will be the same of the course at brazilian Army Aviation Instruction Center.

:pilotfly:

I wont let you in peace Piffer when BS get out :joystick:

Rodrigo Monteiro

LOCKON 1.12

AMD 3.8 X2 64 2G DDR ATI X1800XT 512

SAITEK X-36

AND VERY SOON TRACKIR-4

• ED Team
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

How much of that video is actual in-game graphics (mainly the bullet hits on the dirt(and the dirt getting kicked up on the camera), the blood puffs, the screen shake when the arty fires and the various night vision effects)?

Want game now!!!

:joystick:

Dirt beeing kicked up, blood splatter, and camera shakes are edited in.

When you see nightvision from the Cockpit perspective, thats in-game.

Chizh replys about the new ME of BlackShark in the RU section.

Original source(automated translation with Babelfish )

Main difference from the old - possibility to use triggers on the conditions (trigger on the time, trigger on the destruction, trigger on the entrance into the designating zone).

In more detail thus far I will not say, since development in the process. When it will be let us preparedly describe detail.

In entire rest this is the "recolored" old editor written on lua (which will potentially allow modmeykeram to change in it anything).

Cool, that night vision with the glowing tracers was my favorite part.

I'm worried though as I only have a SW2 joystick for my simulators and helicopters are supposed to be harder to control than planes. Will I be able to play it with just that and my mouse/keyboard, I can't afford any HOTAS setups on the market atm.

Cool, that night vision with the glowing tracers was my favorite part.

I'm worried though as I only have a SW2 joystick for my simulators and helicopters are supposed to be harder to control than planes. Will I be able to play it with just that and my mouse/keyboard, I can't afford any HOTAS setups on the market atm.

Might be marginal.

A Sidewinder will suffice for flight control, but there will be some controls you'll need to hit while flying . . .

It's not impossible, but it can be hard work.

What setup would you suggest? I'm thinking that all I need is a throttle with a hat and buttons and that should be good with the SW2.

I can use 3 buttons, a trigger and a hat on my SW2 with my right hand. I usually get along by binding various modifier keys to the hat for various systems. If I had a throttle I would get some more keys, and a new hat (not to mention the throttle for the cyclic). Any good brand suggestions? How about this one?

http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/x52.htm

@Flanker15

To control the flight of the Ka-50 I really recommend rudder pedals. To have comfortable access to all systems of the Ka-50 you will need also a programmable HOTAS (better with an optional Collective -check my sig).

I suggest you should check the search function on the Tech discussion of this forum. There a already several threads that discuss this topic.

How much are you willing to spend? You could go with a CH HOTAS + Rudder combo for about $300 if you find that deal.

What setup would you suggest? I'm thinking that all I need is a throttle with a hat and buttons and that should be good with the SW2.

I can use 3 buttons, a trigger and a hat on my SW2 with my right hand. I usually get along by binding various modifier keys to the hat for various systems. If I had a throttle I would get some more keys, and a new hat (not to mention the throttle for the cyclic). Any good brand suggestions? How about this one?

http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/x52.htm

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Gotcha. An X52 should do you well, but ... helicopters really like pedals. It doesn't mean you won't be able to enjoy it, but watch out - don't give yourself carpal. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I'll be getting petals for BS, but it will be nice for other sims.

The X52? great stick for the money. I have in and have very few issues. (no significant ones either.)

@ ED, I know I'm beating this one like a dead horse, but with the chopper done and the mission editor almost complete, do you have a more accurate estimate of the release date?

Thanks.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

ED is pretty much unwilling to release estimates for release dates any longer from what I gather - I'm sure they'll tell you the same.

They already said, they were optimistic about releasing BS in 2007.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Theres a good russian saying:

" A pessimistic is a well informed optimist" ;)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Just out of curiosity, how do you guys feel about the rudder rocker switch? on the Saitek as opposed to actual pedals...does it really make that much of a difference in the feel or control?

since Aeroscout was on the subject anyway

"I know Not that which you have said, but if I had medication I would (Robin Williams)"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]