Vista with Lockon

Does Vista work well with lockon?

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Yes I'm going to skip this one for now... I've heard some good as well as some bad comments.. Lock On is running quite well for me, so why take a chance...

But I will try it out on one of my other systems just to see what its like to install.... I hope to get my upgrades from MS any day now....

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

What I've read about it so far is that the only "WOW" they would get is the nice looking desktop :D

But yeah, Vista is still a baby that needs to grow and learn ;)

To be fair, the nice looking desktop is the second "WOW". The first is the price of the OS. Especially if you want the "Ultimate" version.

CanadaDave

soon after the WOW phase comes the OUCH, ARGH, UMPH, FRAKK and GRRRR period - and after about ten hours of struggle you are reduced to sitting on the floor hands trembling , body shaking and mumbling O WHY O WHY O WHY about a thousand times all the while drooling and trembling.

not to mention a few hundred bucks short.

LMFAO!!! :lol:

yea i agree, the more demanding the OS the more RAM it takes up and is crap for gaming but hopefully they should get it worked out. i'm not having anything to do with vista for a year or so when i thing about upgrading.

4w24cLi.png?4

Voice of Jester AI

Death From Above =DFA= Squadron Discord - https://discord.gg/deathfromabove

http://www.twitch.tv/graywo1f

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lonewo1fg

If you are a gamer... here's my tip:

NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER buy or upgrade to Vista... use Windows XP... Vista for gamers will just make them bald from pulling their hair out. :lol:

Raptor22Sig.jpg

Gigabyte GA-M55SLI S-4

AMD64 X2 4600+ 2.4GHz

2GB DDR2 PC6400 800MHz

eVGA GeForce7950GT 512MB

Samsung SyncMaster 906BW 19" Widescreen

Western Digital Cavier 160GB 7200RPM SATA

SoundBlaster Audigy X-Fi

Creative MegaWorks 5.1 THX 550

TrackIR 4 Pro

MS SideWinder Force Feedback 2 :joystick:

At this "moment" i agree !!

Grtz...Ross....

If you are a gamer... here's my tip:

NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER buy or upgrade to Vista... use Windows XP... Vista for gamers will just make them bald from pulling their hair out. :lol:

Configuration:  

Windows 11 Home/ Intel Core i9-12900FRTX 3080 10 GB/ 64GB DDR4-3200/ 2 TB m.2 NVMe/ HP Reverb G2/V2/ Thrustmaster Cougar Hotas/ 

INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT@ross_impress • Instagram-foto's en -video's  (everything about the real flying world, drone and DCS)

The bad (or missing) drivers are the problem at the moment.

I think Vista will get the new gaming stage within this year. DirectX-10 looks very nice on MSFS :pilotfly:

But first... I need some better video drivers and a Vista version of Saitek SST software...^^

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, thanks. I'll stick with XP.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

You guys that say Vista sucks for games don't know what you are talking about. I upgraded and am currently duel booting xp and vista. Vista takes longer to load and uses more ram just navigating, but it also releases it when a game is launched. I actually have gotten FPS increases in vista. You just have to download Dx9(vista has Dx10 only) and all the latest drivers for your hardware. If you dont do that then thats your problem. Don't blame the OS.

I got three XP computers at home. I am building another one, and that one will be Vista. There is no sense spending money upgrading from XP, however, new builds should be Vista.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Ok. My bro has vista home premium on his laptop and it runs quite whell. actually, one game tht I have loads quite literally 5x faster than my current PC. He hasn't tryed lockon yet, so that's why i'm asking.

Thanks

Will still use XP with the new machine Im planning to buy soon. Untill I get into my hands a mature version of VISTA there is no need for looks at the cost of even any small compatibility issues at all.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Problem is, most new pre-built systems out there don't have XP as an option. You have to get vista.

As I found out when trying to find a copy of XP at the stores recently in NM... CircuitCity and BestBuy were out of XP and had no plans to recieve more copies.

Thats how I got Vista. I just havent had the time because of work to mess with it, but I like what I see so far.

So I just got the latest 101.41 beta drivers. These fixed the texture issues I have.

Foxy works to download to cougar (CCP doesnt), Creative drivers work to give me sound, CH control panel randomly crashes but stays open more than long enough to download a profile, TrackIR works, TeamSpeak works.

Heck, everything works more or less.

Damn fine for a first release from MicroShaft.

So I just got the latest 101.41 beta drivers. These fixed the texture issues I have.

Foxy works to download to cougar (CCP doesnt), Creative drivers work to give me sound, CH control panel randomly crashes but stays open more than long enough to download a profile, TrackIR works, TeamSpeak works.

Heck, everything works more or less.

Damn fine for a first release from MicroShaft.

The Cougar CCP doesn't work?? so I guess your useing Foxy for your Cougar application ???

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Rgr, no problem with Foxy to download profiles. The DX apps dont work, but woohoo.

Just found another issue that I fixed. Key trapping for TIR and TS werent working when in game.

Found that if you run TIR software and TS as administrator, then key trapping works.

Also with the nVidia drivers, it doesnt appear that AA is working, cant tell about the other settings.