Sam causing major FPS hits.

So, if I run any map on 2.5, and just run air to air, or even some ground units, I have no issues. Smooth gameplay, fairly steady fps, etc.. However, I had run a setup with a few SAM sites, and that's when I ran into issues (fps drops to 1 then back up to normal). I have tried to search regarding this but it's not showing me anything. So following the mission with the SAMs, I created a clean mission with an AI aircraft and one Patriot site. The AI was set to fly straight over the Patriot, and the Patriot would fire at the AI. With one aircraft, there seemed to be a slight stutter as the missile neared the aircraft. When I increased the number of aircraft, that slight stutter became a stop, reading 1 FPS, and it was prolonged. When it got moving again, the missile impacted the aircraft, and things returned to normal. I have tried this with the Hawk and Patriot, and AI aircraft have been assorted; everything from MiG-29A to whatever big old Tupolev turboprop. Results are always the same. I'm not maxing out memory, cpu, gpu, or disc read/write/whatever. I can't figure if it's a bug, glitch or ?

Sorry, no cool signature here.

+1

SAMs, launching, are causing massive lag since latest patch+hotfix, didn t happen before

+1

SAMs, launching, are causing massive lag since latest patch+hotfix, didn t happen before

The same here...till now I thought it was an issue on my end

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A5010 utilizzando Tapatalk

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

• ED Team

Hi

if you have a mission that will reproduce this quickly attach it and I will take a look.

cant say I have noticed a problem.

please also let us know you system spec

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Best example is to play "In the weeds" mission created for A-10C.

Try to set immortal before you play the mission and then climb above the hill located near point 2 (Fence In). Let the SAMs fire at you...HUGE drops in FPS.

HP Reverb, Intel I7 9700K, Zotac GTX 2080Ti, 32GB Ram @4000Mhz Corsair, SDD M.2 500GB Samsung 970 PRO

• ED Team
Best example is to play "In the weeds" mission created for A-10C.

Try to set immortal before you play the mission and then climb above the hill located near point 2 (Fence In). Let the SAMs fire at you...HUGE drops in FPS.

Thanks yogipol, I will take a look

Edit:

yes, I do see a slight pause on my system, FPS is above 60 but there is a stutter, I will look into it

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Experiencing stutters ranging from minor frame drops to <2 fps, to complete 500ms - 1000ms freezes, to even multi client crashes due to sams firing in multiplayer. S300s and Patriots cause the worst of it, shorter range stuff, mostly radar cause the more minor symptoms.

Hi

if you have a mission that will reproduce this quickly attach it and I will take a look.

cant say I have noticed a problem.

please also let us know you system spec

thanks

I don't know how to attach a mission. A simple way to reproduce is set up a Patriot, then start sending planes over it. Grinds to a halt with multiple aircraft.

System specs are: Win10 64, i7-8700k, 1080Ti, 16g ram @ 3000, DCS on M.2ssd. I play in Oculus Rift as well.

• ED Team

Thanks I have reproduce the lag spike in openbeta release version, good news is our internal version performs better, probably due to ongoing memory work and optimisations. Hopefully it wont be long until you see this also.

I will keep an eye on this issue once we start getting these updates.

I suspect it might be a particle emission thing? Saw similar lag with smoke, but oddly enough not with cluster bombs.

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

Oculus CV1, i7 4790k @ stock, gtx 1080ti @ stock, 32gb PC3-19200 @ 2.4ghz, warthog & saitek pedals, razer tartarus chroma.

Do you really think it´s sam relatet? I have the feeling something with groudattacks in general doesn´t work intended and it got worse in the last patch.

Flying around an area with gpu load of 40 % and as soon as there is a fight going on or someone fires rockets the gpu load cranks up to limits althought there is basicly nothing to be seen of this up in the air. Tiny smoke trails or explosions you can barely see shouldnt influence performance at all. If you place a lot of verhicels this shouldn´t influence the gpu....thats just black dots on the screen.

Flying over a combat zone copared to the same zone non combat is a huge fps dump issued by gpu load althought there is visually just a minor differenz.

This behavior has always been there on 2.5 (don´t know before) but got worse imo in the last patch. I´m playing on a 7700k 1070 OC 16GB 3200mhz ram...so for me it might be drops from 140 in to the 60....thats annoying but for people with lower hardware it must be worse.

I don't know whether it's sam related or what. I know that setting up a Patriot and then running increasing number of enemy aircraft over the site results in dcs grinding to a halt. It happens whether you're watching the launcher, the missile, the target aircraft or from your own pilot point of view.