Wags, You're Makin' Me Nervous!!

AG-51_Razor

I'm unreasonably excited for more realistic AAR physics lol :joystick::D

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

As mentioned earlier, I'm holding off on an AAR video until the new S-3 and refueling pod is ready, as well as the new hose and basket physics.

Thanks

This is the first I have heard of a New S-3 Model. A big thank you goes out to the entire E.D. Crew for slowly but surely updating the Naval Aviation assets in DCS. Here's to wishful thinking that you guys do the same for the SH-60, and eventually get an Ai EA-6B Prowler into the Sim.

-Woog

This is the first I have heard of a New S-3 Model. A big thank you goes out to the entire E.D. Crew for slowly but surely updating the Naval Aviation assets in DCS. Here's to wishful thinking that you guys do the same for the SH-60, and eventually get an Ai EA-6B Prowler into the Sim.

-Woog

Even better a DCS EA-6B Prowler :)

Not enough unclassified info to do one to the fidelity required of a module.

Not to mention they would need to spend at least a year to improve the Radar modeling in game for all units, especially SAM assets.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Not enough unclassified info to do one to the fidelity required of a module.

There's sufficient data on the EA-6B, the bigger issue is Electronic Warfare/Jamming Modelling.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

And that issue has more to do with time/effort to model such things properly than it has to do with secrets.

There's sufficient data on the EA-6B, the bigger issue is Electronic Warfare/Jamming Modelling.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Forget the EA, just give me the A-6. "Ironhand, baby. It's my thing."

I agree! Some see this bird as ugly, but I love any version of this plane. She belongs in my stable!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Ive never had an issue tanking off an S3 other than a small fuel load..but yeah, where did this whole topic disappear to anyways?

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

@ExoticTroutwhen you say you had no joy of tanking from the S3, did you get cleared to connect, then just not get the "you're taking fuel" bit after plugging? A quick track is always a bonus, but is this a tanker in a mission that you created? Did you ensure that you added an S3B Tanker, not just an S3B? These were things I messed up when I started trying to be super cool and trying to make my own practice missions, not sure how advanced you might be in mission making, not trying to offend.

On 8/12/2021 at 9:26 PM, vstolmech513 said:

@ExoticTroutwhen you say you had no joy of tanking from the S3, did you get cleared to connect, then just not get the "you're taking fuel" bit after plugging? A quick track is always a bonus, but is this a tanker in a mission that you created? Did you ensure that you added an S3B Tanker, not just an S3B? These were things I messed up when I started trying to be super cool and trying to make my own practice missions, not sure how advanced you might be in mission making, not trying to offend.

Hey @vstolmech513, no offense taken - they're fair questions.  This was an ME scenario I made to just practice tanking, and my skills are "reasonable" ;>    I was stable and cleared to connect in this particular example.  My issue was with what I am perceiving as the physics of the basket.  It might have been me being ham-fisted, but as noted, I changed the tanker to the KC-135 and had no trouble getting a full tank of gas just a few minutes later.  This thread has motivated me to go back and try a few more goes.  I will report back with an updated opinion 🙂    

• Like 2

• ED Team
On 8/12/2021 at 6:39 PM, XCNuse said:

So 3 years down the line.....

Any updates on these "on the high priority list" features from 2018 that have somehow skipped the F18 Early Access despite being a slated promise?

Things come up and plans change, when we have more news we will share with everyone. Obviously it has fallen down the priority list for now. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png