APR-39 for the Huey?

b00ce

I remember reading that BST plans on implementing APR-39 in the Huey at some point (It has the fairings on the outside and a spot on the dash to boot), is this still the case? If so and you guys need reference, I found a really good video that shows some of the symbology and what the annunciator sounds like.

One thing to note that isn't mentioned in the video, the proximity to the center is not distance, but threat priority. Tighter in on the threat ring is more dangerous, irrespective of distance.:thumbup:

LG 34UC97 34" 3440x1440 monitor | 2x GTX-980 G1 Gaming

I7-5820k @ 3.3GHz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 2133Mhz

Samsung 840 EVO 120GB & 1TB SSDs | Seagate 3TB HDD

TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

yeah that would be good. now we are sitting ducks for AA weapons.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Yes please! But then not with that weird synthetic voice in the video - either that it sounds better or with beeps...

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

Yes please! But then not with that weird synthetic voice in the video - either that it sounds better or with beeps...

But that's what the -39 sounds like, at least the version I've heard.

- Bear

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

- Robert A. Heinlein

But that's what the -39 sounds like, at least the version I've heard.

- Bear

Still sounds like that to this day in Mike model Blackhawks.:thumbup:

Everyone hates it, but I think it sounds endearing.

its a pity Stephen hawking has died. they could have used him as the voice actor :)

endearing indeed.

his voice system got replaced countless times, but they managed to make him sound the same through each one just more intelligible.

so even he liked it.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

Still sounds like that to this day in Mike model Blackhawks.:thumbup:

Everyone hates it, but I think it sounds endearing.

I don't know how the AH guys could stand it, the regular 'searching' calls on the tapes they gave us.

We (CH) never powered ours up thankfully since there was no radar threat in the AO.

- Bear

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

- Robert A. Heinlein

I don't know how the AH guys could stand it, the regular 'searching' calls on the tapes they gave us.

We (CH) never powered ours up thankfully since there was no radar threat in the AO.

- Bear

We power it up and have to run a BIT so the computer knows certain components are installed and to account for drag with regard to fuel calculations in the flight plan. We always turn the volume down though.