AI issue during landing when an airplane taxi

Hello,

There is an issue with the AI at least in Kobuletti in the 2.5

1) the AI aircrafts are in their landing procedure

2) an AI starts to taxi

3) the AI aircrafts stop their landing procedure

There must be an issue with the ATC as it should keep the sequence of the aircraft landing/departing/taxiing in the right order

I will test if it does it if a client aircraft start to taxi

best,

Cobra

Unfortunately that is expected behavior for now. Not sure if it will change before any better ATC system is implemented.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I had already spoke about this problem. Especially that it wasn't the case in far previous versions of DCS. So it's possible.

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

Testing operations in Sochi

It is sad, AIs have problems to land to an empty runway when no plane is preparing for takeoff.

(the problematic A-10A group is set to random, so every run is not the same)

Most of the time launching an extra AI (from shelter to air) not helping the jam situation. (2*L-39)

When I jump into one of the stucked in approach plane, most cases I GOT cleareance to land!

Workarounds: I land the stucked in group and defuel it on a safe spot

or deactivate it by F10 radio menu (a Ka-50 is available for client)

Thanks to ED for no more turnarounds in the center of the runway.

(RWY06 is for down, RWY24 is for up in any weather conditions!)

sochi_jam_solved_by_incativated_approacher.trk

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

cobragva: your jam is occured by a ONCE trigger: AI TASK SET/Start at 60 seconds.

The "start" task is halt a controlled group on ground.

I did put the 60 seconds delay for the start up to make sure the landing airplane would be treated 1st from the atc.

In my real mission,i use a trigger that is actioned by the client when he is done with his start up

This is strange as in 1.5 it was working fine.

I know. It got changed at some point with one of the 2.1 or 2.2 patches, but not for 1.5. Basically the base gets set to a "take-off" or "landing" phase and only allows AI to do one of those at a time. This was done to avoid collisions with AI taxi behavior because, to put it bluntly, the AI is really dumb when it comes to airbase operations. Some bases are more problematic about it than others, but its a universal change applied to all bases.

Set Task overwrites all the other tasking to do that one thing it is told. If you change it to push task the AI will take-off and after that the Mirage will land. Apparently setTask>Start doesn't even have the AI flight at least take-off and they refuse to move. The base expects for the flight to get airborne so the Mirage endlessly orbits.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I know. It got changed at some point with one of the 2.1 or 2.2 patches, but not for 1.5. Basically the base gets set to a "take-off" or "landing" phase and only allows AI to do one of those at a time. This was done to avoid collisions with AI taxi behavior because, to put it bluntly, the AI is really dumb when it comes to airbase operations. Some bases are more problematic about it than others, but its a universal change applied to all bases.

Set Task overwrites all the other tasking to do that one thing it is told. If you change it to push task the AI will take-off and after that the Mirage will land. Apparently setTask>Start doesn't even have the AI flight at least take-off and they refuse to move. The base expects for the flight to get airborne so the Mirage endlessly orbits.

Thanks Grimes for your help,

I guess I won't be able to make a "cinematic" view of airplanes landing while we are taxiing along side AI.

Best,

Pascal

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Sadly No!

i9 14900K - ROG Maximus Z790 Hero - GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4090 - 64GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 XMP - Samsung 4TB SSD - Pimax Crystal - Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle & Joystick - VirPil AH-64D Grip - Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

this is really terribly bad. I just tried to make some cinematic taxiing in my mission and joust found out about this. Seeing this beein an issue for over 4 years already I dont know what to say. ED when do we get good AI? Not landing because something is taxiing. what can you say....

• Like 2