ME-163B by Komet Simulations

Not that it matters but anything propelled by a stream of fluid can be considered a jet. But in normal use we'd call it a rocket...

jet1

jet/

noun

noun: jet; plural noun: jets

1. 1.
    a rapid stream of liquid or gas forced out of a small opening.

• 2 weeks later...
For your information, rocket is a jet engine. Me-163 is a jet-powered aircraft.

Hydrazine = rocket

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_Me_163_Komet

-+-

Me 163 Komet

Me163efJM.jpg

Me 163 B-1a at the National Museum of Flight in Scotland

Role Interceptor

National origin Germany

Manufacturer Messerschmitt

First flight Me 163A V4 on 1 September 1941

Introduction 1944

Primary user Luftwaffe

Number built ~370[1]

Developed into Messerschmitt Me 263

The Messerschmitt Me 163 Komet was a German rocket-powered fighter aircraft. Designed by Alexander Lippisch, it is the only rocket-powered fighter aircraft ever to have been operational and the first piloted aircraft of any type to exceed 1000 km/h (621 mph) in level flight. Its design was revolutionary and its performance unprecedented. German test pilot Heini Dittmar in early July 1944 reached 1,130 km/h (700 mph), an unofficial flight airspeed record unmatched by turbojet-powered aircraft for almost a decade. Over 300 aircraft were built, but the Komet proved ineffective in its dedicated role as an interceptor aircraft and was responsible for the destruction of only about nine to eighteen Allied aircraft against ten losses.[2][3] Aside from combat losses many pilots were killed during testing and training.[4]

-+-

Engine specifics :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_HWK_509

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

We have a big announcement that our external model is near competition thanks to a very talented modeller (Combatace)!

Here are the screenshots, we hope you enjoy them:

s5vj2e6.png

aEVazri.png

LHgIYCZ.png

9vbVUTm.png

c8AN6pr.png

IxY3LFG.png

Full album of images can be found here:

https://imgur.com/a/2RIuMsf

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work ! Can't wait too !

Specs: Win10 64bits Pro, Intel i9-9900K | 32Go | RTX 2080 Ti | M.2 SSD 850go x2

Hardware: HTC Vive Pro + X56

Maps : Normandy + Assets | Gulf | Nevada

DCS Modules: FC3 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | A-10C | F/A-18C | Ka-50 | SuperCarrier | F-14A/B | F-5E | F-86F Sabre | MiG-15bis | Mig-19 | MiG-21bis | AV-8B | Fw 190 D-9 | SA342 | P-51D | Bf 109 K-4 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | M-2000C | F-16C

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Referring to post 28, what are the 2 windows behind the pilot's seat for? I don't imagine they are for extra vision since the cockpit was small and the seat mainly obstructed vision right? Looking forward to hearing more on this project!

opera_2018-10-29_20-59-26.thumb.png.b6b3ea42bdcd658ce015fc50b8392422.png

• 4 weeks later...
Referring to post 28, what are the 2 windows behind the pilot's seat for? I don't imagine they are for extra vision since the cockpit was small and the seat mainly obstructed vision right? Looking forward to hearing more on this project!

Those two windows allow you to look back to a certain degree. The seat itself does not really hinder you from looking through those windows.

is this gonna be payware?

I hope it will be, because then we know that it meets a certain standard.

It certainly looks like it could be! :thumbup:

If it were, it would be a day one purchase for me! :joystick:

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

• 2 weeks later...

December Update 2018

Hello,

It's been a while since we last gave an update regarding the ME-163. The project is still a go although various members have been busy including myself. The mode; was just redone by combatace who has made a fantastic model that we can now use. Unwrapping and texturing will begin in the coming weeks and hope to give you an in-game screenshot soon.

In the mean time here is a picture (Please not this is not the final product and is subject to modification).

onV0lTP.png

Thanks,

Alex

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz

Haven't bought a single WWll module yet. This could be my first!

Still got a long way to go (No estimates but 2-3 years minimum).

With the new improved damage models i would recommend you buying one of the WWII modules. I have enjoyed the BF-109K4 the most!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz

• 3 months later...

I'm just over an hour away from Paul Allen's Flying Heritage and Combat Armor Museum at Paine Field, WA, where this little beauty sits. As you can see, visitors can get 4 or 5 feet from it and the accompanying engine, so if any exterior shots are needed, I'd be happy to use it as an excuse to head back over there.

Here's this Komet's history:

This Komet’s first flight occurred on December 18, 1944, when the partly-finished plane was towed as a glider between factories. The fighter was later delivered to Jagdgeschwader (fighter wing) 400. It is unknown whether it ever flew in combat.

The plane was captured by the British on May 8, 1945, and it was shipped to the Royal Aircraft Establishment in Farnborough, England, for evaluation. In 1946, it was turned over to the Royal Air Force College in Cranwell. In 1961, it became part of the collection of the Imperial War Museum and was later displayed at at Duxford. It became part of the Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum in 2005.

• 4 weeks later...

the ME-163 would have flown also in the Italian skies in fact we Italian called it the COMETA 16 Italian pilots were trained at the ME-163 but then the RUSSIANS invaded the base where these planes were. After the WW2 the Russians steal a me-163.

Video russian capture me-163

• 4 months later...
Hello,

It's been a while since we last gave an update regarding the ME-163. The project is still a go although various members have been busy including myself. The mode; was just redone by combatace who has made a fantastic model that we can now use. Unwrapping and texturing will begin in the coming weeks and hope to give you an in-game screenshot soon.

In the mean time here is a picture (Please not this is not the final product and is subject to modification).

onV0lTP.png

Thanks,

Alex

Thanks for not paying genius. BTW community, this external model is made by me.

Thanks for not paying genius. BTW community, this external model is made by me.

I don't want to offend anyone here, but that's exactly what LevelPulse said: "... The model was just redone by combatace who has made a fantastic model that we can now use..."

Did you have any problems with LevelPulse? Just asking, because I simply don't have any background information about this project.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

I don't want to offend anyone here, but that's exactly what LevelPulse said: "... The model was just redone by combatace who has made a fantastic model that we can now use..."

Did you have any problems with LevelPulse? Just asking, because I simply don't have any background information about this project.

This model is not redone. I made the external model from scratch and I touched on a lot of inaccuracies in the cockpit model.