2.5: take-off radio clearance missing

ZoscheHH

Caucasus & NTTR maps:

When contacting ATC via comm-radio and requesting clearance for starting up the engines as well as taxiing to one of the runway (holding points), orders are given by ATC in the expected order. So far, so good.

BUT: When reaching one of the holding points (hovering right in front of the runway), the communications menu doesn´t show an entry for requesting take-off permission. If in that situation you settle down on the ground and call up the comm-menu, it even shows only "request start-up", as if the clearance for taxiing had never been given before. So, that last step in taking off from an airport doesn´t seem to be modeled correctly (it´s missing in the 1.5 and open alpha version as well). I don´t know if it´s aircraft-specific or a general bug, haven´t tried different situations.

Ok, it´s not a big thing, but for making the take-off procedure complete, it´ll be great to have that modelled correctly.

MSI H170M-A Pro with i5-6600K @ 3.5 Ghz, 16Gb DDR4-2133, ASUS GTX 1080 TI 11 Gb DDR5 352bit, Win10 Pro,

PUMA Flight Trainer, DCS 1.5, 2.5 open beta, UH-1H, KA50, Mi8-MTV2, Gazelle.

Have a safe flight !

Strange. I've had it, in 1.5 and I believe in 2.5 as well. I know that IRL you are supposed to stop at the holding marks until cleared to take-off, but try cross them and see if it turns up.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Crossing the holding points has no effect on the communications menu choices. Even if you line up at the given runway, no take-off clearance entry will appear in the menu. Instead, the menu just shows "Inbound" as if you were already airborne and want to radio in for landing.

I think they just forgot to set a trigger mark for take-off clearance.

In the opposite way, if you radio in for landing ("Inbound"), you 'll get directions for joining the designated traffic circuit. If you follow the traffic pattern as shown on the airport chart on your kneeboard (the correct altitude is important) and get alongside the center of the runway well aside from and above it, ATC will ask you to contact tower in order to make your final approach.

You do so in the comm-menu and continue flying crosswind, base and even final, but the tower will remain silent. Only, if you continue on final and are already close down above the runway center, you´ll be contacted by ATC again and given clearance to land. (You might as well be given the order to make a go-around due to an occupied runway (or maybe due to a missing landing clearance ? - who knows...).

The comm-menu, by the way, shows at that time "Abort Inbound" again, even though you had been given landing clearance seconds before.

Hhhhmmm, looks like ED would have to do a little more work on ATC-communications, I´d say.

If anyone of you made a different experience, I´d be glad to hear about it.

Edited by ZoscheHH

MSI H170M-A Pro with i5-6600K @ 3.5 Ghz, 16Gb DDR4-2133, ASUS GTX 1080 TI 11 Gb DDR5 352bit, Win10 Pro,

PUMA Flight Trainer, DCS 1.5, 2.5 open beta, UH-1H, KA50, Mi8-MTV2, Gazelle.

Have a safe flight !

First of, I need to apologize. Tested it right now and indeed you don't get the option to request takeoff in the Huey, as long as you stay in hover. Mi-8 and Ka-50 don't have this problem in general due to having wheels and doesn't need to hover taxi.

The problem as I see it is that as soon as you leave ground you are considered flying (already took off). But if you put here down at the holding line or the threshold you will get the possibility to request takeoff. Unfortunately you also get an incorrect message from the ATC when you put here down though, a repeated clearance to taxi to runway if you are at holding and a request to taxi to parking area if at threshold.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5