2.5.0.15365: MP: F15 takes 9 full hits and flies home smoking, alive, happens a lot

Drexx

Project: DCS Open Beta 2.5.0.15365

Type: Severe Imbalance Of Unit

Reported: not sure

Priority: Losing players over it (no one wants to play red)

Summary: F15 is not accepting damage properly, or just plain has waaay to many hit points (no other plane acts this way)

Description:

This has been an ongoing problem in my server, I have threated at least 5-6 times to put F15 on red and I REALLY dont want to do that, kind of ruins the whole fun of blue verse red. F15 flys under me and my buddy, I fire all 4 mistral missles with at least a second in between so they wont blow each other up, and my buddy fired 3 more into the same F15, and 2 manpads on the ground also fire and every one of these missles hit the F15 (get a hit message from DCS events for each one), the F15 flys home smoking, like nothing happened. It is a serious balance problem, I waited a few patches and I dont see anything happening on this front, this REALLY needs to be looked at.

update: the first 2 bait for the flares but the 5 that come after it..... come on.....first 2 hit around 1:20 then 1:55 3 more mistral missles hit, this has been happening all the time in 2.5

This is just 1 of many reports of stuff like this happening, I just witnessed this myself

Video Proof something isnt right (this is from a replay):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ed0cwh3kb70y6gc/F15_getting_hit_at_least_5_times.mp4?dl=0

(download video for better quality, dropbox player makes everything fuzzy)

Edited by Drexx

Developer of DDCS MP Engine, dynamicdcs.com

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208608

Sometimes a single missile destroys F15. Sometimes many missiles cannot shoot it down. I think these variables are a part of simulation. I wont call it a BUG. It can happen in reality also as all the missiles have blast fragmentation war heads and depends how close the warhead detonates and damage accordingly.

Project: DCS Open Beta 2.5.0.15365

Type: Severe Imbalance Of Unit

Reported: not sure

Priority: Losing players over it (no one wants to play red)

Summary: F15 is not accepting damage properly, or just plain has waaay to many hit points (no other plane acts this way)

Description:

This has been an ongoing problem in my server, I have threated at least 5-6 times to put F15 on red and I REALLY dont want to do that, kind of ruins the whole fun of blue verse red. F15 flys under me and my buddy, I fire all 4 mistral missles with at least a second in between so they wont blow each other up, and my buddy fired 3 more into the same F15, and 2 manpads on the ground also fire and every one of these missles hit the F15 (get a hit message from DCS events for each one), the F15 flys home smoking, like nothing happened. It is a serious balance problem, I waited a few patches and I dont see anything happening on this front, this REALLY needs to be looked at.

This is just 1 of many reports of stuff like this happening, I just witnessed this myself

I will try to get you more evidence of this.

i agree, F15s damage model is ridiculously strong, i have so often seen F15 eating several missiles and not even smoking, and yes i am sure the missiles did hit.

This issue kills the multiplayer experience, everytime REDs are attacking a base, BLUEs hop in 2 F15s goes head on and kills most REDs.

Sometimes a single missile destroys F15. Sometimes many missiles cannot shoot it down. I think these variables are a part of simulation. I wont call it a BUG. It can happen in reality also as all the missiles have blast fragmentation war heads and depends how close the warhead detonates and damage accordingly.

There's been a clear trend lately and I think it warrants a look by the testers and devs.

+1 Drexx

can we change the topic to "a lot of Planes take a lot of missles"

because its not just the F15

so +1 for look at the damagemodel

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

There's at least a half dozen threads around the forums on this very subject. Just take a look around.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

or can it be F15 pilots age good at dodging Missiles

No its a legit issue that we are looking in to now, it started happening a few months ago on a small scale that affected a lot of aircraft but now its becoming much more of a problem, especially for the F-15.

My best guess at this stage is its an issue with the net code syncing a players real time position with where the missile thinks the client is.

Very often if you look behind you when a missile detonates you see it explode behind the aircraft as if it is hitting a 'ghost' model of where your aircraft was a split second before.

We'll set up some internal tests to try and get it nailed down asap.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

+1 on this. Worst offenders are F-15, Mig21, and Mig29, harrier closely behind.

i disagree regarding the harrier, my observation is that most of the time one missile hit kills the engine, as it has only one this is like a full kill

• 2 weeks later...
i disagree regarding the harrier, my observation is that most of the time one missile hit kills the engine, as it has only one this is like a full kill

that's right not the only one but the worst one right now... here is just one example eagle took 2 solid hits 1 530 and 1 magik.... he even thought about turning on me.... but the 3rd missile out being my second missile finally did the job, now with my mirage a f15 looks and says boo and if not for calm cajoling from me she would run home as per her heritage (jokes, i dont go with that whole inaccurate french military joke stereotype, but was convenient here).

consists of 2 1 min clips

https://clips.twitch.tv/RoughRefinedPonyDogFace?tt_medium=creation

https://clips.twitch.tv/LivelySquarePanImGlitch?tt_medium=creation

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]GrumpyFinn

that's right not the only one but the worst one right now... here is just one example eagle took 2 solid hits 1 530 and 1 magik.... he even thought about turning on me.... but the 3rd missile out being my second Magik finally did the job. Now on the other hand with my mirage, a f15 looks and says boo and if not for calm cajoling from me she would run home as per her heritage (jokes, i dont go with that whole inaccurate french military joke stereotype, but was convenient here).

consists of 2 1 min clips

https://clips.twitch.tv/RoughRefinedPonyDogFace?tt_medium=creation

https://clips.twitch.tv/LivelySquarePanImGlitch?tt_medium=creation

got other examples too but right now i have time on my hands and also need a distraction so streams are long and i am lazy.

DCS in VR might as well be a time warp

BAHAHAHAHA

Edited by finn1978

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]GrumpyFinn