New screen 09.03.2007

Will the reactive armor be functional? So if we hit it with an older generation missile or FFAR it will have little damage (low hit point count)?

Can we shoot the driver in the Kamaz? 30mm autocannon will punch through anything, no armored glass in the world can stop it.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Can we shoot the driver in the Kamaz? 30mm autocannon will punch through anything, no armored glass in the world can stop it.

Just a question on top of your question: I have been wondering if MANPADs can also be taken out by the helo? I haven't tried it in FC, usually because I'm moving to fast in the jets to pinpoint exactly where the MANPADs are.

I think when Black Shark is finally in my grasp my helo will be floating around for a while so that I can take a close look at these awesome vehicles!!

Just a question on top of your question: I have been wondering if MANPADs can also be taken out by the helo?

ATM with the T-Frog Vikhrs and/or Cannon work well to neutralize MANPADS. Should work well enough too with the Helo.:)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

ATM with the T-Frog Vikhrs and/or Cannon work well to neutralize MANPADS. Should work well enough too with the Helo.:)

Cool thanks :) Wasn't sure if it could be done. But I think it would be easier to do in a slower moving helo, and probably more necessary at times!

Just a question on top of your question: I have been wondering if MANPADs can also be taken out by the helo? I haven't tried it in FC, usually because I'm moving to fast in the jets to pinpoint exactly where the MANPADs are.

I think when Black Shark is finally in my grasp my helo will be floating around for a while so that I can take a close look at these awesome vehicles!!

It's not just the vehicles - you get more of an opportunity to see the 3D detail that's always been present in towns and cities.

There's some really impressive stuff - although I seem to recall F2.5 went down to the level of flowerbeds and (unanimated) barriers at level crossings. Not seen those in Lomac.

It's not just the vehicles - you get more of an opportunity to see the 3D detail that's always been present in towns and cities.

There's some really impressive stuff - although I seem to recall F2.5 went down to the level of flowerbeds and (unanimated) barriers at level crossings. Not seen those in Lomac.

That has actually crossed my mind. I haven't been playing LOMAC for very long, and haven't even begun to do some 'sight seeing', but I think I will be doing plenty in the Ka-50 - especially in those harbour towns I have spotted! :D

Unless ED optimizes the code the OCed 7600GT that I have will barely render this hog. At least not on everything turned up.

P5b-E rev 1.0; E6600@3GHz; Tuniq 120; Kingston Hyperion 2GB; Gigabyte 7600GT Silent Pipe II; WD Raptor 150GB; Vantec 500W PS

I think that what were actually beginnig to see is the ultimat plans that ED had envisioned for their simulator ...

The ground war is actually moveing closer to the forefront.. what with the introduction of these new higher polly count vehicles...

What well most likely be able to do eventually is whole sceanarious of ground combat.. that will most ultimately resemble an FPS like Call Of Duty ...

There have been other games that have tried to wear this uniform (so to speak) but have never been able to actually achieve this genra effectivley..

Now on the other hand I can see from ED's extream dedication and attention to detail. that they do have the expertif to finally bring a beliveable product to the PC..

With the release of each addon it again appears that were witnessing a closure,one that will give us all hours of enjoyable realisim in the end...

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

There's a company making a bridge between SteelBeasts Pro and VBS.

This is for the military sector.

I would hope ED could get together with say, BIS and eSim and build a bridge between the three - Armed Assault, Steel Beasts Pro PE, and LockOn/Tank Killers, for us wannabes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I think that what were actually beginning to see is the ultimate plans that ED had envisioned for their simulator ...

The ground war is actually moving closer to the forefront.. what with the introduction of these new higher Polly count vehicles...

What well most likely be able to do eventually is whole scenario of ground combat.. that will no doubt ultimately resemble an FPS like Call Of Duty ...

There have been other games that have tried to wear this uniform (so to speak) but have never been able to actually achieve this genre effectively..

Now on the other hand I can see from ED's extreme dedication and attention to detail. that they do have the expertise to finally bring a believable product to the PC..

With the release of each add on it again appears that were witnessing a closure that will give us all hours of enjoyable realism in the end...

I'd like to add just a little criticism though regarding the a few things, sorry but it's just the way that I see things ....

The soldiers driving the tanks really do need some type engine to show some personality, as it stands now they still have that 90's Flanker wax doll look.. The trees really aren't up to the standards of the rest of the game, and last but not least the buildings need some type of Architectural design to give them a uniqueness instead of just minimalistic cubism..

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

I suggest darkening the shadow under the Kamaz quite a bit, or else we have the impression that the car is floating ontop of the surface.

By lowering the shadow under the car, making it darker it will make it seems like the car is actually "connected" to the road.

*my sim racing experiance speaking :P

:Core2Duo @ 435FSB x 7 3.05GHz : ATI x1900xtx: 2GB Patriot @ 435Mhz : WD 250Gb UATA: Seagate 320Gb SATA2: X-Fi Platinum:

very good vehicles but in this pic I find there is a huge contrast between the detail of the truck and that of the surrounding world. The terrain looks too much low-res, and the trees look cartoonish.

That is, if they wanna make a detailed ground sim, it has to be detailed in many aspects, not just the 3D shapes of the vehicles.

Even if I appreciate each and every addon to this sim, if I was the developer I'd tell modellers to focus more on flying objects, because, whether you're flying a fixed wing ac or a helo, ground objects are mostly dots for pilots, they shouldn't get close enough to appreciate the details.

I find there is a huge contrast between the detail of the truck and that of the surrounding world. The terrain looks too much low-res, and the trees look cartoonish.

That is, if they wanna make a detailed ground sim, it has to be detailed in many aspects, not just the 3D shapes of the vehicles.

In RUS forum topic, Chizh mentioned that they have made experimental ground textures (twice resolution as now is), however this ground texture is draining much fps, so they dont know should they include in BS - experimental ones, if will then in high detail setting textures should be set.

All ED artists, news flash:

My country has just aquired 37 LeopardII-A6's, they absolutely need to be ingame. I weep for those T-90's :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

very good vehicles but in this pic I find there is a huge contrast between the detail of the truck and that of the surrounding world. The terrain looks too much low-res, and the trees look cartoonish.

While I agree with you on the point of a uniform level of detail, you have to remember that for vehicules that aren't used as "generic" map objects(such as the Kamaz) you can control the impact on game performance by using more or less in your missions - for fixed objects loaded by the scene files(in medium or high setting) you don't have that option - one particular building type may appear more than a thousand times on the map and therefore even a slight increase in its polys or texture size may have an undesirable effect on game performance.

With the current three scene settings you get:

Low: ground textures but practically no structures (except bridges, tunnels).

Medium: ground textures + all structures

High: ground textures + all structures + trees.

I think that in order for a higher 3D/2D level of detail for map objects to be introduced, we would need an extra "Very High" scene setting....otherwise too many people would be forced to run the game without any structures/trees at all(Low setting) to obtain reasonable game performance :) .

Even if I appreciate each and every addon to this sim, if I was the developer I'd tell modellers to focus more on flying objects, because, whether you're flying a fixed wing ac or a helo, ground objects are mostly dots for pilots, they shouldn't get close enough to appreciate the details.

I don't think that is the case Starlight - for fast jets yes, but flying an attack helo - slow and low - you get to see a heck of a lot more of the ground/ground objects.

Anyway, I think ED's overall aim is a "battle simulator", so the question is whether you should look at it from such a strict "flight sim" perspective :) .

JJ

All ED artists, news flash:

My country has just aquired 37 LeopardII-A6's, they absolutely need to be ingame. I weep for those T-90's :D

http://www.forum.lockon.ru/showpost.php?p=302463&postcount=89

P.S. Currently, there is no T-90 model in LO (or in development, AFAIK). The new tank models include the T-55, T-72BM, T-80, M1A2 and LeClerc - all beautifully done.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Nice life-like texturing on that "Western-made hardware" .....wouldn't you say Evil? ;) .

Heh, better be careful with that winking - leafer might show up here and threaten to burn off your eye brows! :)

As for the texturing, my favorite detail is the tanker's footprints on BAURIS'es LeClerc. :thumbup:

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

• 2 months later...
That is a lot of detail, any more work going into the jets and other items?

They said they basically (primarily) Only working on Black Shark Helo. And I totally agree they should not Dick with anything else, or by they time we do get to fly it, we will die of old age..

:cry::doh:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR