MiG-29

Im more than looking forward to new game standards that will bring the Mig-29 to its rightfull aerodynamic perfomance and by the same token removing also its abilities to disapear in midair ALA Mig-29 Raptorski and maddog IR missiles BVR ;) :D

• Like 1

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Im more than looking forward to new game standards that will bring the Mig-29 to its rightfull aerodynamic perfomance and by the same token removing also its abilities to disapear in midair ALA Mig-29 Raptorski and maddog IR missiles BVR ;) :D

Me too :) also i can't wait for the better AIM 120C, and maybe even the corrected F15 high altitude thrust..:)

Its true, me thinks we should be patient and enjoy what we have now that cant be fixed right away (it will take more than BS). The mig cant turn very well but it does accelerate super fast, supercruises, can blow you outa da sky BVR with no warning, disapear, just like mini F-22's. I have been using it with great success, true that once I have to double back to get that bogey that just flew by me has been throwing me to the rocks more often than its believable but the trade off is hugely in favour of the migs and in detriment of all other aircraft including the flanker, wich has been unfairly ripped off from its spotlight in this SIM (considering that under the table it is Flanker 3.0).

My PC specs below:

If you catch it high and fast, advantage should go to an F-15 because of its energy capability
Well, looks like we all forgot that there's many types of dogfight IRL.

So LOMAC tried to cover it all with 3 different planes.

Fulcrums are energy fighters not turn fighters like Eagle and Flanker, so fly it accordingly. Remember, those turn rates from that diagram probably represent angles and radius in level turns. Try MiG-29 in oblique turns, go for some altitude (power) changes and you might notice how those Flankers and Eagles (even M2000) turn into sitting ducks.

When I said that RPM/speed ratio should be reduced by 5% I thought that for cruising @ 780 km/h RPM should be cca 86% at 5000m MSL (fuel<1500L, ordinance=clean).

Well in LO:FC the fastest I did with the MiG-29(9-12A) was 15 sec. It depends on atmospheric conditions but it's close to real. I did the test flying clean plane at 500km/h 30m above the water and I started the counter when I moved my throttle from Idle to full burner. The engine needs about 3sec to reach max thrust.

Atmospheric conditions?!!

There's no such thing in LO:FC, like baro pressure, humidity, air temperature etc.

There must be some kind of scripted diagram in LO that determines Vmax according to flight alt.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no such thing in LO:FC, like baro pressure, humidity, air temperature etc.

There's a setting for air temp in the weather screen - presumably it has some effect on air density & lift/turns , if not engine performance...

Cheers.

Yes, weather afect AFM, the frog gets to shake with winds :D

My PC specs below:

This might be true with AFM aircraft but when talking of Fulcrums FM performance I haven't experienced any difference if -20 deg or +30...

But winds and turbulence might create a lot of problems when landing especially with damaged ACS :cry:.

On the other hand IR missiles (like R-27-(E)T, R-73 and R-60) are affected by ambient tempetarure. So is flare!!!!:smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow this thread sure turned into something else. lol I was just asking about the model... (runs and hides) :lookaround:

---------------------

FX 55 Sandy@ 3.03 GHz

Tuniq Tower 120

DFI Lanparty CFX 3200-DR/G

(2X) X1950XTX Crossfire@ 695 core

2048 OCZ PC 3200 Platinum (2-3-2-5)

Antec TP3 650

Samsung 19" LCD (8ms)

Saitek X-45 HOTAS

Track IR 4

CH Pro Pedals

:pilotfly:

• 3 weeks later...

We might only get standard VVS planes in future that MiG-35 and OVT sure ain't.

I wouldn't expect any upgrades to current MiG-29 since most of the active Fulcrums IRL are 9-12 and 9-13 airframes. So in my opinion MiG-29 that's presented in LOFC is quite up to date...

FM and things like we mentioned above are another story.

What I'd like to have is flyable Su-32/34. Rusfor SEAD missions might gain another aspect.

3D models are just eye candy, let's face it, and since I don't use any external views I wouldn't wanna spend another thousand on a new top notch rig just to have better looking but still the same airplane in LOBS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We might only get standard VVS planes in future that MiG-35 and OVT sure ain't.

I wouldn't expect any upgrades to current MiG-29 since most of the active Fulcrums IRL are 9-12 and 9-13 airframes. So in my opinion MiG-29 that's presented in LOFC is quite up to date...

FM and things like we mentioned above are another story.

What I'd like to have is flyable Su-32/34. Rusfor SEAD missions might gain another aspect.

3D models are just eye candy, let's face it, and since I don't use any external views I wouldn't wanna spend another thousand on a new top notch rig just to have better looking but still the same airplane in LOBS.

I'm glad they're working on a new model for the 29. I spent some bucks on a crossfire rig so I wanna see some damn eye candy! lol

---------------------

FX 55 Sandy@ 3.03 GHz

Tuniq Tower 120

Antec TP3 650

Samsung 19" LCD (8ms)

Saitek X-45 HOTAS

Track IR 4

CH Pro Pedals

Well, since the Netherlands and Belgium and so are in Lock On, why not add Belarussia with theyr Mig-29BM with Air to Air refuel and an MFD....or at least the loose Air to Air refuel pod to add to the Mig-29.....because it is a bolt on and easy to mod thing...

It would boost the range of the mig-29 and then we could also do the basket refuel with another plane as that damn su-33.....(I like the su-33 though haha_

DCS World, A10C, AV8B, M2k, FA18C, FC3, MIG21

Thats sounds like an excellant idea.. But from where I'm sitting I don't think that we'll see anything along these lines for quite some time.. After BS goes gold, Who knows what or how long the first stand alone sim from ED will take to happen...

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

The MiG-29 has bigger T/W ratio ratio, better rate of climb, better instantneous turn rate and similar sustained turn rate. I also think it's FM is undermodelled. It only accelerates adequately in level flight.

were did you get this info? (intantaneous turn rate?)

What I Know is that the mig has less istantaneous turn rate than the flanker, more wing loading, and a smaler aoa limit (28 degrees in the s model), it has better aceleration and climb performance.

Is this 3D model discussion or plane performance?

Gimme some 3d model screenies here...

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Is this 3D model discussion or plane performance?

Gimme some 3d model screenies here...

Thank you. :)

---------------------

FX 55 Sandy@ 3.03 GHz

Tuniq Tower 120

Antec TP3 650

Samsung 19" LCD (8ms)

Saitek X-45 HOTAS

Track IR 4

CH Pro Pedals

Thats sounds like an excellant idea.. But from where I'm sitting I don't think that we'll see anything along these lines for quite some time.. After BS goes gold, Who knows what or how long the first stand alone sim from ED will take to happen...

~S~

Blaze

The would just have to add a refuel script for it and thats all....the model isn't that hard ether. Just add a new pylon, near the nose and the only store can be the refuel probe....

ifr.jpg

DCS World, A10C, AV8B, M2k, FA18C, FC3, MIG21

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with the 29 is under- or overmodelled in some flight characteristics but its not serious i think. I think that in Lomac the Flanker beat it too easily in dogifght. About RL: Check out this video (20MB) and look at the acceleration from 1.4 to 2 mach. MiG-29UB. I like this video, hope you'll too. Thanks to Sucu!

VIDEO

• Like 1

[sIGPIC]http://www.forum.lockon.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5279_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I could shot down a Kitchen :smartass:

• 2 weeks later...

Nice video but note that acceleration was made during aggresive dive (VVI=-50m/s) and I suppose plane was clean of all external weapons and fuel tanks!

We can't see how much fuel was in internal tanks during 2M flight but I believe plane was nearing bingo.

As you can see pilots used AB to climb to 17500m MSL with a vertical velocity of 25m/s and plane still kept accelerating.

That means AB to the metal! :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]