RS Mapper Release

Avantar

Avantar, very strong work here. Congrats and thank you.

The latest version puts Left Windows in the key list.

Is it possible to add the Windows keys as Modifiers.

Thanks again.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Thanks guys for kind word. And thanks Pac Man for very nice review :) I am in last stages of doing sequences functionality - this has been slightly delayed, but still progressing - pretty sure it will solve the "hornet issue" as you can program exact duration of the press. Of course will post when it's finished. Also, if you find something troubling with the software or simply a bug just let me know - you know, this has been slapped together just in couple of (well, tens, tops) hours between flying, work, family and sleep :) Cheers!

Edited by Avantar

Avantar

My rig: MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI; HyperX Fury RGB 64GB (4x16GB) 3200MHz DDR4 CL16; Intel Core i9-10900KA; Zotac RTX 3090; HOTAS Warthog; HOTAS Cougar; MFD Cougar; Track IR 5; Saitek Pro Flight rudder Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks again.

I will need to dig into this - I'm not sure that's something Windows lets you do by default but obviously it can be done in somewhat workaround way. I am not sure though if you want to enable overriding plethora of default windows shortcuts that go along with Windows key... that might not be the smartest thing to do

Avantar

My rig: MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI; HyperX Fury RGB 64GB (4x16GB) 3200MHz DDR4 CL16; Intel Core i9-10900KA; Zotac RTX 3090; HOTAS Warthog; HOTAS Cougar; MFD Cougar; Track IR 5; Saitek Pro Flight rudder Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am not sure though if you want to enable overriding plethora of default windows shortcuts that go along with Windows key... that might not be the smartest thing to do

That’s a good point Avantar. Consider though, we already use Window keys as modifiers in DCS.

Doesn’t seem to be an issue while game is active window.

I’ll leave it to your judgement.

Thanks again.

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Is there an easy way to share profiles? For example, another player can send me their profile and I can use that as a starting place.

Yes, by default the profiles are saved in the /Documents/RSmapper directory. Just be sure the profile doesn't contain any custom key bindings within DCS or you'll need those as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.Vcw13.com

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

https://www.youtube.com/c/OverKillSims

I dont know if that was asked/answered/requested, thus I do it (probably again)...

we definately need the Modifier left and right Win key as well as the option to create Key Combinations, similar to Voice Attack...if that makes sense...is that actually possible?

Oh, is it also possible to define a modifier which is not predefined? An example would be the paddle switch on the Hotas. Would be great if I could just hit the paddle and RSMapper recognizes it as modifier.

HaHaHa, many requests...and sorry if my words sound a bit harsh...but holy crap is your tool usefull....any donation possibility by the way? :thumbup:

EDIT: I just stumbled over another issue.

The selectable keys are representing US keyboardlayout only. That locks out German or other Layout types. Example: Armament selector down on the Huey is ingame set to RAlt + [. But the [ key is on my German Layout Keyboard set to Ü and thus not selectable. So the question is...would it be possible to not have a list of selectable keys but rather a function that reads Buttoninputs and sets those as Buttons? Similar to the ingame Controll settings?

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

I dont know if that was asked/answered/requested, thus I do it (probably again)...

we definately need the Modifier left and right Win key as well as the option to create Key Combination

(CUT)

would it be possible to not have a list of selectable keys but rather a function that reads Buttoninputs and sets those as Buttons? Similar to the ingame Controll settings?

As for multiple keys and different modifiers (not the one pre-defined so alts, ctrls and shifts) this functionality will be available when sequence are released. There you can combine any number of different keys. As for foreign keyboard layout this is somewhat difficult as those are windows key codes that I use (provided by Windows API) and hence I thought them to be somewhat universal - for instance the key you are referring to - "[" - is described in API as "Keys.OemOpenBrackets". But as you said, they are tied to physical buttons rather than to corresponding label. I can try experimenting with detecting key pressed instead of choosing from the list, that should work for any keyboard layout. (Oh, and unfortunately I do not have access to any other keyboard than US so I would need a guinea pig to test it :) )

As for donations, I do have paypal but I do not know the forum rules in this matter so I keep quiet. I am long past coding for money and do it for fun only in some spare time :)

Avantar.

Avantar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As for multiple keys and different modifiers (not the one pre-defined so alts, ctrls and shifts) this functionality will be available when sequence are released. There you can combine any number of different keys. As for foreign keyboard layout this is somewhat difficult as those are windows key codes that I use (provided by Windows API) and hence I thought them to be somewhat universal - for instance the key you are referring to - "[" - is described in API as "Keys.OemOpenBrackets". But as you said, they are tied to physical buttons rather than to corresponding label. I can try experimenting with detecting key pressed instead of choosing from the list, that should work for any keyboard layout. (Oh, and unfortunately I do not have access to any other keyboard than US so I would need a guinea pig to test it :) )

As for donations, I do have paypal but I do not know the forum rules in this matter so I keep quiet. I am long past coding for money and do it for fun only in some spare time :)

Avantar.

Thanks for taking my items into consideration, I know that Software has its Limits. I can say that your tool found its way into my Controlling routines and I was able to map lots of functions accross several Profiles which is great.

Thanks a lot and I´m glad that you´re having fun with things that turn out to be extremly usefull for the Community :pilotfly::joystick::thumbup:

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

• 2 weeks later...

Reset other keys?

I just discovered this from PacMan's video. Maybe answered already, but do I need to clear all of my settings in DCS that are already in there before using this, or can it be used on top? I'm most concerned with wiping out all of the presets for my Cougar MFDs in A10C.

Also, I assume when everyone is talking about 'switching profiles' this is the same as a modifier (i.e. Pinkie Switch)?

Anyone know if this will allow the 'Mode' buttons(M1 to M3) on Saitek controllers (I have an X45) to finally work?

Thanks!

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

I just discovered this from PacMan's video. Maybe answered already, but do I need to clear all of my settings in DCS that are already in there before using this, or can it be used on top?

No, you want to have either the one or the other. I´d recommend you to create your RS Mapper Profile and delete all your DCS assignments afterwards. You dont want to have both ontop each other.

I'm most concerned with wiping out all of the presets for my Cougar MFDs in A10C.

You only map those things which you really need on your Stick. I dont believe that you need to replace your TMFD assigments. Just dont map them on RS Mapper

Also, I assume when everyone is talking about 'switching profiles' this is the same as a modifier (i.e. Pinkie Switch)?

Correct, you assign a switch as Pinky which only cycles through the Profiles.

Anyone know if this will allow the 'Mode' buttons(M1 to M3) on Saitek controllers (I have an X45) to finally work?

As RS Mapper reads aout all your Buttons it should be possible to do so.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Thanks for the answers. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

I'm giving it a go, and notice that it only picks up one 'POV' on my X45. The other POV's are under 'buttons' (each direction as a separate button). I assume this is how it is supposed to work?

I'm giving it a go, and notice that it only picks up one 'POV' on my X45. The other POV's are under 'buttons' (each direction as a separate button). I assume this is how it is supposed to work?

yes, its the way the driver software is identifying the individual buttons and heads. So this is supposed to be.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Yes, by default the profiles are saved in the /Documents/RSmapper directory. Just be sure the profile doesn't contain any custom key bindings within DCS or you'll need those as well.

Excellent.

I wonder what the best way is to request others to upload or provide their profiles for the huey and ka-50.

It would be nice if the software would allow user to upload thier profiles to share with others.

thanks,

Reed

8600K|64 GB 3200|4090|m.2

http://www.blacksharkden.com/

Come join us!

Excellent.

I wonder what the best way is to request others to upload or provide their profiles for the huey and ka-50.

It would be nice if the software would allow user to upload thier profiles to share with others.

thanks,

Reed

That would require some kind of dedicated storage space and I do have one :) It would be also very difficult to control if the program uploaded a profile somewhere - what if the profile contained some abusive text or other information, for instance. I could not deal with the admin overhead that would create - sorry, this feature is not planned at all.

Avantar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That would require some kind of dedicated storage space and I do have one :) It would be also very difficult to control if the program uploaded a profile somewhere - what if the profile contained some abusive text or other information, for instance. I could not deal with the admin overhead that would create - sorry, this feature is not planned at all.

I completely understand.

Would you mind if others uploaded their profiles here on the forum post or pM'd each other?

Thanks

Come join us!

I completely understand.

Would you mind if others uploaded their profiles here on the forum post or pM'd each other?

Thanks

No, I wouldn't mind at all of course! I created the program with profile sharing in mind, only thing I would not want to become an admin of those uploads :) If there is enough interest I could add a section to the initial post with some links too, for a quick start for instance.

Avantar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No, I wouldn't mind at all of course! I created the program with profile sharing in mind, only thing I would not want to become an admin of those uploads :) If there is enough interest I could add a section to the initial post with some links too, for a quick start for instance.

This is an excellent idea.

Come join us!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there Avantar,

I wonder whether its possible to make those Button names editable. The idea is to change the default name from certain or all Buttons. In the Case of the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog it would be imaginable to change the Name "Button 1" to may be Fire or TMS up, down...what ever5...would somethings like this possible?

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Thank you Avantar for a much needed program! I had been using an older program for assigning key commands to my button boxes and your RS Mapper is much more intuitive to use.

I second the request for the ability to send a sequence of commands with a switch/button press, let me show you why:

e9gHSg.jpg

This is a button box I made to represent the forward right hand switch panel on the F-86. It is very similar to the layout in the real aircraft, but with a couple of additions, the mechanical gun sight caging lever (represented by the vintage switch at the top left), and the gun sight brightness knob (attached to a rotary encoder at lower right).

It has three guarded switches, the guards are just guards, not connected to micro switches or anything, so moving them doesn't send any commands in the game. You can, of course, assign key commands to move the virtual guards in the cockpit up and down.

Using another, older program, I was able to assign multiple key commands to a single physical switch in order to have the switch guards raised and lowered, something like this:

1) Physically raise switch guard on button box (nothing happens in game)

2) Physically flip switch underneath to ON (two commands get sent one after the other with a few ms in between - "Guard UP" "Switch ON" - virtual switch guard and switch in game cockpit move in sequence to up and on).

Then, when switching off, I would just slap the physical guard back down, moving the physical switch underneath back to the off position, ie:

3) Physically move Guard/Switch OFF/DOWN (Again, two commands sent - "Switch OFF" "Guard DOWN", virtual switch and guard in game cockpit return to off and down positions)

:)

Adding the ability to send a sequence of commands, maybe with an adjustable delay time between commands sent, would be a big improvement to your already outstanding work!

Thanks again.

Bump:smilewink:

JUST CHOPPERS

Bump:smilewink:

This is implemented in beta version of RS Mapper currently in tests (albeit a bit separate, not as modifier but serving the same function).

I think I *can* add windows buttons as a called out modifiers but this will be in next release.

Edited by Avantar

Avantar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you Avantar for a much needed program! I had been using an older program for assigning key commands to my button boxes and your RS Mapper is much more intuitive to use.

I second the request for the ability to send a sequence of commands with a switch/button press, let me show you why:

e9gHSg.jpg

This is a button box I made to represent the forward right hand switch panel on the F-86. It is very similar to the layout in the real aircraft, but with a couple of additions, the mechanical gun sight caging lever (represented by the vintage switch at the top left), and the gun sight brightness knob (attached to a rotary encoder at lower right).

It has three guarded switches, the guards are just guards, not connected to micro switches or anything, so moving them doesn't send any commands in the game. You can, of course, assign key commands to move the virtual guards in the cockpit up and down.

Using another, older program, I was able to assign multiple key commands to a single physical switch in order to have the switch guards raised and lowered, something like this:

1) Physically raise switch guard on button box (nothing happens in game)

2) Physically flip switch underneath to ON (two commands get sent one after the other with a few ms in between - "Guard UP" "Switch ON" - virtual switch guard and switch in game cockpit move in sequence to up and on).

Then, when switching off, I would just slap the physical guard back down, moving the physical switch underneath back to the off position, ie:

3) Physically move Guard/Switch OFF/DOWN (Again, two commands sent - "Switch OFF" "Guard DOWN", virtual switch and guard in game cockpit return to off and down positions)

:)

Adding the ability to send a sequence of commands, maybe with an adjustable delay time between commands sent, would be a big improvement to your already outstanding work!

Thats exactly what is implemented and being tested as we speak :)

Avantar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey there Avantar,

I wonder whether its possible to make those Button names editable. The idea is to change the default name from certain or all Buttons. In the Case of the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog it would be imaginable to change the Name "Button 1" to may be Fire or TMS up, down...what ever5...would somethings like this possible?

Sure, this is not something difficulty, it will take some time to find its way into the program, I will add it to my backlog

Avantar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]