RS Mapper Release

Avantar

Replied in a private message, but maybe for somebody else's use:

1. RS Mapper requires .NET Framework to be installed in the system. If you don't have it then the program will not run (but in most cases you should see at least some error).

2. RS Mapper could have been blocked by system as a "not safe downloaded program" - did Windows ask you to confirm you want to run it?

I'll respond here as well in case it'll help others. I just tried installing .NET framework and it said it's already installed on my system. Tried to start RS Mapper again, on my laptop since I have it with me, and it still won't start/run. No errors given. The little blue circle of death spins for a few seconds and then stops and nothing else happens.

Windows 10

ASRock Z370 Extreme4 LGA 1151 (300 Series) MOBO

intel i7-8700k (Not overclocked)

16 GB Ram

EVGA GeForce GTX 108ti SC Black Edition

SSD

Trackir

I'll respond here as well in case it'll help others. I just tried installing .NET framework and it said it's already installed on my system. Tried to start RS Mapper again, on my laptop since I have it with me, and it still won't start/run. No errors given. The little blue circle of death spins for a few seconds and then stops and nothing else happens.

For grins I downloaded the previous version, .45, and that one worked. Looks like some others have issues with .46 not running for some reason. Hopefully when I get home Friday, .45 will run on my gaming computer and it will do what I need it to do until the next update comes out. :)

Windows 10

ASRock Z370 Extreme4 LGA 1151 (300 Series) MOBO

intel i7-8700k (Not overclocked)

16 GB Ram

EVGA GeForce GTX 108ti SC Black Edition

SSD

Trackir

you may also try and download latest version 0.47 :) If that one does not work I will need to collect some logs from your rig to find out what's going on.

Avantar

My rig: MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI; HyperX Fury RGB 64GB (4x16GB) 3200MHz DDR4 CL16; Intel Core i9-10900KA; Zotac RTX 3090; HOTAS Warthog; HOTAS Cougar; MFD Cougar; Track IR 5; Saitek Pro Flight rudder Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greetings.

First, thanks for this great mod. It is a great help....

Next, I currently have a TM T-Flight X hotas (as that is what i can currently afford). Is there any way to assign the 'slider1' to something other than an axis command???

again, thanks for all of the great work and mod.

Greetings.

First, thanks for this great mod. It is a great help....

Next, I currently have a TM T-Flight X hotas (as that is what i can currently afford). Is there any way to assign the 'slider1' to something other than an axis command???

again, thanks for all of the great work and mod.

That is one feature that is still in the works and will be still for some time. I am planning to have ability to map "ranges" of an axis and fire events based on entering or leaving the range. This is however as (or if not more) complicated as handling buttons and will be a major feature in the future.

Avantar

Edited by Avantar

Avantar

My rig: MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI; HyperX Fury RGB 64GB (4x16GB) 3200MHz DDR4 CL16; Intel Core i9-10900KA; Zotac RTX 3090; HOTAS Warthog; HOTAS Cougar; MFD Cougar; Track IR 5; Saitek Pro Flight rudder Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That is one feature that is still in the works and will be still for some time. I am planning to have ability to map "ranges" of an axis and fire events based on entering or leaving the range. This is however as (or if not more) complicated as handling buttons and will be a major feature in the future.

Avantar

Great stuff..

Many thanks for update and all of the great work.

Cheers.

Greetings. I have been trying to setup a profile where i have hotas long with a modifier, and that works great. But when i try to create a second set of commands, with hotas long and different modifier it over writes the original command(s).

does rs mapper only see the joystick 'buttons'/hats as a single entity and only allows one instance?

in dcs mapping (forget the hotas long, just use normal hotas press), i setup joy_hat_U+mod1 and then joy_hat_U+mod2 and these are two separate and unique commands.

thanks for info and help.

cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using a X52Pro and the SST Software to setup MODES (sort of like the Profile Switching in RSM). My issue with DCS in that when I press a button on the Stick DCS thinks it's a Modifier and not the actual button so, when I found RSMapper(RSM) I thought this would be my solution. Starting RSM my X52Pro Hotas comes up with POV and everything else as buttons. It does appear this is much more powerful and maybe even easier to use than the Saitek SST Software. Do you know if there are Profiles for the F/A-18C for download and possibly for the X-52Pro? Even your F/A-18C Profiles would be helppful to get started. THanks

MrScott on Discord (aka eFlight and Smokin1)

PC SPECS: Aorus Master Z390, I9-9900K@5.2Ghz, HC150Pro Cooler, 32GB T-Force 4133 Ram, 1.TB Samsunge 960Pro M.2, (20TB of other data storage in SSD and SATA6 too), EVGA RTX2080Ti KingPin Hybrid 11GB with LN2 BIOS. X-52Pro, Brunner MKII and Rudder Peddles. VR and or 3 55" 4K Displays.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Great program Avantar !!!! Thank you very much

I have a problem with "¡" key, (and others), is impossible to me to use it.

I suppose my problem is for using spanish keyboard. If is this is true, is possible to add spanish keyborad to RS Mapper?

Thank you.

Hello

Great program Avantar !!!! Thank you very much

I have a problem with "¡" key, (and others), is impossible to me to use it.

I suppose my problem is for using spanish keyboard. If is this is true, is possible to add spanish keyborad to RS Mapper?

Thank you.

Yeah. it is because spanish keyboard has different layout than US. Right now there is no easy way out of this - you'd need to find the correct key that is triggered (you can map a key, and try to use it while having notpead open to see which key is exactly is triggered out of rs mapper). By trial and error you could find which key is in fact mapped to the dropdown choice of "i".

In the future I am working (yes, slowly.. everything is slow nowadays) on feature that instead of choosing the key from the list would let you press the keyboard key - this way your problem would be gone.

Avantar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Avantar, thank you so much for this nifty program. It massively expanded the possibilities of my Warthog for me - I waas almost resigned to dive into each Module .lua to change the behavior of 2/3 Position switches. This is so much nicer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. Just letting you know that version 0.48 has been released. It contains a pesky bug fix for repeat functionality (eject works now!) and also you can rename buttons for your devices now - it will be saved together with your mapping in .RSMapper file.

Enjoy!

Avantar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

awesome work Avantar, thanks a lot

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Download is failing.

now ok.

Edited by sobe

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Again I want to thank you for this most useful, or essential piece of software.

Coupled with "VoiceAttack" for coms they make me cockpit come alive, and improves the flying experience tenfold.

With hi regards ,Shad

RyZen5 3600x, MSI GamingX RX 5700xt, AX-370-K7, 16 Gig G-Skil 3200 :thumbup:, Antec 650w (Still),Win10 on 256G 870 NVMe, 860+850 Evo for Apps, 2x1TB WD HDs for :music_whistling:, TR5 :detective:, Hog stick:joystick:, 3x TM MFD Bezels. a 32" AOC, @ 2560x1440, no floppy & a crappy chair :pain:. Its hard to find a chair that accepts you as you grow.:pilotfly:

Thanks, Avantar!

I sent you a PM, but I didn't get confirmation on my mess sent folder, so I write you here.

Thanks again for the new update.

I made something wrong surely, because on 0.48 the only current working function for me is the ejection, the rest does not operate. I reinstalled again 0.47 and all functions work (except ejection obviously), but now I' m unable to make it work.

I will continue testing.

Thank you!

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO WiFi AC / i7-8700K@5.0 GHz / 2xM.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 1Tb / 4xCorsair 8Gb (32Gb) DDR4@3000 MHz / 2xGeforce GTX 1080 Ti + 1Geforce GTX 680 / SoundBlaster Fatal1ty / Windows 10 Home x64 / TM Warthog / TM TPR Pedals / Oculus Rift / Samsung UE32EH5000W

Hi folks. it's embarassing but it seems .48 was not tested enough and there is a serious problem with it. I am taking it down from download and leaving 0.47. You can expect 0.49 in couple of hours with problem fixed - and couple of new features as well. Sorry for the trouble.

Avantar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi folks. it's embarassing but it seems .48 was not tested enough and there is a serious problem with it. I am taking it down from download and leaving 0.47. You can expect 0.49 in couple of hours with problem fixed - and couple of new features as well. Sorry for the trouble.

Great!, Thanks for the info Avantar. Nothing to be embarrassed here man, shit happens :].

Version 0.49 has been published. Single-press actions have been fixed. Adding to that I expanded RS Mapper with following functions:

1. Remember application layout

2. Added options to rename devices (from devices selection window and device list)

3. Added overlay displaying name of the currently selected profile

Enjoy - and let me know ASAP if something is not working right.

Avantar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]