RS Mapper Release

Avantar

Definitely! Especially now that you found an easy way to duplicate the profile commands lol!! I'm seriously stoked about that lol.

It was just an idea that came to mind so I figure I would at least mention it :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.Vcw13.com

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

https://www.youtube.com/c/OverKillSims

Hey all. Seems like every time I use this I end up getting this. Anyone please?

Source
RSMapper 0.50

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎2020-‎08-‎11 9:32 PM

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path:	C:\Dev\RS Mapper 0.51\RS Mapper 0.51\RSMapper.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:	CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01:	RSMapper.exe
Problem Signature 02:	0.0.51.0
Problem Signature 03:	5ee33cd0
Problem Signature 04:	SharpDX
Problem Signature 05:	4.0.1.0
Problem Signature 06:	592da585
Problem Signature 07:	136
Problem Signature 08:	14
Problem Signature 09:	SharpDX.SharpDXException
OS Version:	10.0.19041.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID:	4105
Additional Information 1:	2beb
Additional Information 2:	2beba6fb4680d73a8c78ca7c24ccdb46
Additional Information 3:	ab31
Additional Information 4:	ab31236752fcb0c711def892810629b8

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:	1258437aa7e81b9b68f938b778cb5121 (1799531886767984929)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey all. Seems like every time I use this I end up getting this. Anyone please?

Source
RSMapper 0.50

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎2020-‎08-‎11 9:32 PM

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path:    C:\Dev\RS Mapper 0.51\RS Mapper 0.51\RSMapper.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01:    RSMapper.exe
Problem Signature 02:    0.0.51.0
Problem Signature 03:    5ee33cd0
Problem Signature 04:    SharpDX
Problem Signature 05:    4.0.1.0
Problem Signature 06:    592da585
Problem Signature 07:    136
Problem Signature 08:    14
Problem Signature 09:    SharpDX.SharpDXException
OS Version:    10.0.19041.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID:    4105
Additional Information 1:    2beb
Additional Information 2:    2beba6fb4680d73a8c78ca7c24ccdb46
Additional Information 3:    ab31
Additional Information 4:    ab31236752fcb0c711def892810629b8

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:    1258437aa7e81b9b68f938b778cb5121 (1799531886767984929)

think you need Avantar to look into this one. Looks like C# is throwing an exception in the Direct X interface. Do you have the latest drivers installed for your graphics card ?

Does it always happen or only after you execute a particular command ?

Do you have the latest version of RS Mapper? I see Avantar released the latest version on Jun 12 and looks like he fixed some bugs.

Beyond those suggestions it's beyond me I'm afraid ;)

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards

Hey Bud! Can you provide a specific example of what you're:

Trying to do with the sequence

How you have it set up

What the results are

I only ask because I have sequences for setting the different autopilot modes in the Hornet, tank jettison, speed brake... etc and they all of have start delays and work fine.

What I'd like to do now is figure out how to simulate the turning of rotaries/dials with a sequence, obviously it can be done with a single key press with repeat but I'd like to be able to set several rotaries up or down with a single key press, is this possible?

Remember that the delay is time from the initiation of the sequence... not since the last button.

Here to help if you need.

Thank you for the response Pac-Man, I have DCS but I'm working within Falcon BMS atm.

I have it working now, turns out you have to have it as such:

where the "Delay Since Start" of the 2nd action has to match or exceed the "Duration" of the first action (e.g. as in below pic), not sure why it took so long to dawn on me. Meanwhile I'm still playing with delays and durations for optimum efficiency.

What issue I'm having now and what I'd like to have work is the simulating of turning of several rotaries/dials at once with a single key-press, is this possible?

e.g. commands of Shft+] (BMS COM1 Vol Up) easily done of course with "Trigger on single press" with 5x repeat but how to do with a sequence?

Update 2: after that last entry above, I tinkered and came up with this sequence (pic below) where I can turn up 2 COM rotaries at same time with one sequence:

2-rotaries.png

through trial and error I had to progressively increase the "Delay since start" times by a factor of 100 + 1 ms, so each delay went up a 10th of a second +1ms or .101 sec. With the above sequence, each volume knob is turned up to a set volume then the other to the same volume, but you could set it up alternating each knob incrementally I suppose.

One other concern is, why can I not have a lower delay action follow one with a higher delay in a sequence, in essence what does "Delay Since Start" have to do with the ordering of the actions? If I place an action in a sequence with a high delay, then add another to follow it with a lower delay, the action with a lower delay gets pushed back before the action with the higher delay, frustrating to say the least, hence this program really needs a "Pause" command to insert wherever one wants without the program putting actions out of order unless of course I'm totally missing something here...

I've been developing a series of actions for a sequence, many of which have varying delays but need to be in a certain order as below:

Action A (small delay)

Action B (small delay)

Action C (larger delay)

Action D (smaller delay) and so on...

I don't want "D" before "C", that is the order I want with their associated delays or pauses I like to call them, similar to the Real Simulator software which is easy to use however it's limited (to 10) in the amount of positions (actions) that can be used for one Macro. In the RS software you can insert Pause(s) wherever you wish and in whatever duration and order. So to summarize, e.g. if I have the following actions which I want to perform in a sequence in the order that I have them below,

Action 1 (0ms delay, 50ms duration)

Action 2 (50k {50 secs} delay, 50ms duration)

Action 3 (40k {40 secs} delay, 50ms duration)

Action 4 (31K {31 secs delay, 50ms duration)

so the "Delay Since Start" for the Actions 1-4 would read:

Action 1 0

Action 2 50000 (50 secs)

Action 3 90000 (40 secs more than Action 2)

Action 4 121000 (31 secs more than Action 3)

the program simply won't allow for this, it'll place the Actions as follows:

Action 0,4,3,2

which is nonsense, and on top of it, the program will crop time off of Action 4 due to the cap of 120000ms (2 min) thus rendering this particular sequence useless.

One thing to note, as mentioned above, there is a 120000ms (2 min) cap on delay times, which for most might not be an issue but in limited circumstances, e.g. RAMP starts etc. there are times when such greater cumulative delays are necessary.

Edited by GK61

• 1 month later...

This is a great tool! And just like the OP said, I tried several other mappers, but found them to cumbersome or totally confusing. But I used to use the Saitek Profile Editor, which had a ton of features that many people didn't know about. I find this tool easy to use and understand.

Great work!!

After many hours creating a profile for the F/A-18, today RSMapper would not load the file. Arrg!!

But I figured out that for some strange reason, the GUID and even the Name of my Racing Wheel controller had changed??? I just had to save a new file and compare the devices. I copied the new Name and GUID into my old proflie and it loaded!! YEA!!!!!!

Here is my racing wheel device:

OLD : <DeviceInfo id="943478b0-6001-11e7-8001-444553540000" name="Thrustmaster FFB Wheel" selected="False" />

NEW: <DeviceInfo id="94f30dc0-6001-11e7-8002-444553540000" name="Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel" selected="True" />

And as you can see, I have it selected as False in my original profile because I don't use that racing wheel. So, why is it even being saved in the profile?

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

This is a great tool! And just like the OP said, I tried several other mappers, but found them to cumbersome or totally confusing. But I used to use the Saitek Profile Editor, which had a ton of features that many people didn't know about. I find this tool easy to use and understand.

Great work!!

After many hours creating a profile for the F/A-18, today RSMapper would not load the file. Arrg!!

But I figured out that for some strange reason, the GUID and even the Name of my Racing Wheel controller had changed??? I just had to save a new file and compare the devices. I copied the new Name and GUID into my old proflie and it loaded!! YEA!!!!!!

Here is my racing wheel device:

OLD : <DeviceInfo id="943478b0-6001-11e7-8001-444553540000" name="Thrustmaster FFB Wheel" selected="False" />

NEW: <DeviceInfo id="94f30dc0-6001-11e7-8002-444553540000" name="Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel" selected="True" />

And as you can see, I have it selected as False in my original profile because I don't use that racing wheel. So, why is it even being saved in the profile?

The software will recognize and save any USB controllers currently plugged in at the time of launch. Also, if you get rid of/remove a device, you will need to edit the saved profile using Notepad++ or something that can open XML (regular notepad will work it's just easier to read with NP++) and remove the 'removed' device from the xml and it will load properly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.Vcw13.com

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

https://www.youtube.com/c/OverKillSims

• 3 weeks later...
The link doesnt seem to work anymore... Where do i get it nowadays?

The link still works...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mQtbeRHVqS872fEXugrOrEDK7ZbpPCAV

Right-click the "RS Mapper 0.51" icon and select the "Download" option

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

• 4 weeks later...

RS Mapper is a great utility to program various consoles to different planes in DCS.

One thing that would be really useful to add would be the possibility to program the Eject sequence LCtrl + E + E + E. That is, keep the LCtrl pressed while pressing E three times. And then release LCtrl.

By the way, I could only download the latest version by downloading ALL because the single file download didn't work.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a great piece of software. Many thanks for sharing.

I have the following strange behavior though: when I run it and then start DCS, RS Mapper does not minimize to the task bar and I cannot go back to it by ALT-TAB. Its there running in the background but the only way to go back to it is to end it from the Task Manager and restart it. Any ideas?

• Like 1

Best utility for DCS EVER !!! Very grateful for this "great piece of software" as mentioned before.

I've only a request, I have an italian QWERTY keyboard and obviusly the italian layout in windows 10.

With rsmapper I'm not able to assign the "Elevator Trimmer switch (DESCEND)" command, because I can't assign the combination RCtrl+; . In DCS to insert the semicolon I've to push shift+ò key, in the italian layout this key has theese symbols: ò ç @ , but in rsmapper if I push shift+ò nothing happens, simply the " ; " symbol does not exist.

Now I' ve assigned another combination key to this action, but I'm asking if there is something I'm missing ...

CPU:i5-8400@2,8GHz|GPU: GTX-1080Ti 11gb | RAM:48GB|Monitor LG38"" wide 3840x1600 | 2xSabrent SSD 2T Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280| VKB GladiatorMKII Kosmosima|

*** Perché volare? Semplice. Non sono felice a meno che non ci sia un po’ di spazio tra me e la terra. ***

Hello and Thank You for all your hard work. It seems this software is very popular. I plan on trying out the program but I have a question that I have been wanting to ask. It may seem silly since I am not a programmer and probably this cannot be done. But here goes anyway.

I have always wanted a feature in joystick hotas programming where when one presses a button on any joystick or throttle and one could see a label for that button press on ones monitor (bottom left ex). with text adjustable font size and color control. Once one develops complicated maps you could easily forget what you programmed on any specific button. Is this doable?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I just built a new PC and went to import my previous profile into the app and get this error:

"Application encountered an error an needs to close...",

at RSMapper.MappingReadWriter.ReadMapping()
   at RSMapper.MainWindow.importToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

so what's going on here?

Update: Ok, I've been away for nearly 2 months from all of this so if this has been brought up before my apologies but, but it suddenly dawned (more like smacked me upside the head) on me that if you change hardware, all you device IDs will obviously change as well (new mobo), which makes sense of course so I merely created a new profile, saved and exited. Then I opened up the new profile in Notepad++, took notice of all the HW IDs, then also opened up the old profile from the old PC and went to the "Replace" tab, input the old ID for each particular device in the "Find what" space, and then input the new ID in the "Replace with" space and then check the box "Replace ALL" and voila! save the file, then re-import and all is well. In summary, I have the following devices and had to do this with each:

Mouse

FSSB R3L MJF SGRH (My Realsimulator F16SGRH-CE stick)

FSSB R3L MJF SGRH (My Realsimulator FSSB R3 Lighting)

Throttle - HOTAS Warthog

F16 MFD 1

F16 MFD 2

Flight Control Rudder (Slaw RX Viper 2)

do keep in mind that there will be multiple instances of the same ID not only for the device itself but for each button associated with the device being used (e.g. in sequences),  in my case though I don't use the mouse or the rudders in this program, so there would only be the single device IDs themselves for those.

Edited by GK61

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

Since I unpluged a particular device (cougar DDI) I 'm not able to use the program. I get the message "an error ocurred while loading the file". I supose the program is trying to find this file where the device was active when created. Is there any way to edit de modules files for deleting this device? I tried also a reinstallation with negative results.

Thank you and Happy Hollidays.

Antonio.

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO WiFi AC / i7-8700K@5.0 GHz / 2xM.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 1Tb / 4xCorsair 8Gb (32Gb) DDR4@3000 MHz / 2xGeforce GTX 1080 Ti + 1Geforce GTX 680 / SoundBlaster Fatal1ty / Windows 10 Home x64 / TM Warthog / TM TPR Pedals / Oculus Rift / Samsung UE32EH5000W

Thanks for the incredible work! I've had absolutely nothing but trouble with T.A.R.G.E.T!!

Once problem I'm having though is not understanding "Sequences" and trying to figure out a way to set up a control that requires multiple joystick buttons pressed at once.

I'm working on building a Star Citizen profile

For instance... on a Warthog Throttle, Buttons 27 and 28, along with the neutral space in between those 2 buttons, working along with button 26

Button 27 selects "Mining Mode
Neutral Space offers "Set Cruise Control" and "Toggle Speed Limiter" based on short or long press
Button 28 will "Toggle Landing Gear" and "activate AutoLanding"  based on short or long press

Button 26 activates the above selections. either by short or long click. And each option is bound to keypresses in-game

I'm THINKING that I can define these via "sequences", but cant seem to figure it out.

Also, no clue what the "Overlay" is supposed to do, as it seems to not do anything

TIA

And a bug report...

When deleting a saved sequence with no actions assigned I get the following log entry

at RSMapper.SequenceDialog.buttonDeleteSequence_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

image.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2021 at 2:36 AM, hasole said:

Hi great app. Would anyone have a profile for a tm warthog for the f16?  Thanks

On this topic, is there a list of known good profiles the community has put together? I am keen to give this a try but can't put the time required in to set this up for myself for all the aircraft I have. Surely there is a standard template for each aircraft to start from?

I tried setting up T.16000M buttons as Left Shift,  Ctrl and Alt. Unfortunately IL-2 seems to recognize it only 30% of the time randomly. Using Win 10 running the program as admin. (EDIT: It works but you have to map the keys using modifier Shift,Alt,Ctrl from the keyboard.)

Capture.PNG

Edited by vvaris

On 4/22/2020 at 10:08 AM, Avantar said:

Can you show me the .RSMapper file your are using?

I've recorded the video how I've done it and.. well: "Strange, it works fine on my PC" :)

Here, take a look:

Great job on this tool!  This was exactly the video I was looking for, now the switching of profiles works great!  Thanks for this awesome tool!!

~ LA

[sIGPIC]sigpic89379_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Intel Core Haswell i5-4670K OC @ 4.2GHz | Asus Z87-Plus mobo | 16GB DDR3 @ 1600 Ram | Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 OC w/ 8GB memory | Oculus Rift w/ Touch Controllers | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack | Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG |Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 4 C‬lip | Helios

Black Knights Squadron Member

Hi guys. I've just released a small update to RS Mapper with couple of bug fixed.

by the way, I am still around and playing with RS Mapper but family, work, leading F-16 squadron and flying in real life takes awfully lot of my time so I may seem to be quiet for times 🙂 

Cheers,

Avantar

• Like 5

Avantar

My rig: MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI; HyperX Fury RGB 64GB (4x16GB) 3200MHz DDR4 CL16; Intel Core i9-10900KA; Zotac RTX 3090; HOTAS Warthog; HOTAS Cougar; MFD Cougar; Track IR 5; Saitek Pro Flight rudder Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]