RS Mapper Release

Avantar

I have a constant bug with RS mapper which stops while I'm flying Hind. It happened sometime while flying other planes like Tomcat or Hornet but it was rather rare. I try to restart RS but with Hind it constantly stops

Edit : I found a workaround  🙂  I let RS Mapper opened instead of reducing it so it never stops anymore !

Edited by PB0_CEF

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks  for the video and RS Mapper software.

I'm a 60+ year old Disabled U.S. Navy Veteran. I'm having a heck of a time trying to get my HIND Helicopter flying. I'm using a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & Stick and the Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Peddles and two Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Panels. I can get the HIND in the air but I have tried everything to get control of the tail rotor, but nothing works, so my HIND Helicopter just spins round and round.

Can you or another DCS user help me figure this out? I have the program called Team Viewer that allows someone to log into my PC from their home and work on my PC. My Nephew helps me with Team Viewer, but he don't know anything about DCS. With being disabled and trapped in my home I don't have any friends either. So if anyone reading this can give this old Vet a helping hand, it would be greatly appreciated.

On 5/6/2021 at 2:55 PM, Pac-Man said:

You need to be sure the same controllers are plugged in when launching a profile as when the profile was created. You can edit the .xml but it's a real pain in the rear. 

This is a serious limitation to an otherwise great little utility. How hard can it be? Any fix on the horizon?

PC Spec: Asus B250M Prime, I7 6700K 4.0 GHz, 32GB DDR 2400, ASUS ROG-STRIX 1070Ti 8GB, 500GB WD Blue M2 SSD, Crucial MX300 256GB SSD, WD 1TB SSHDD, 43" LG 4K TV, Oculus Rift-S, Nubwo 7.1 Headset

Flight Gear: Virpil WarBRD & T50-CM2 grip, Virpil T50CM Throttle, TM TFRP pedals, 3x TM Cougar MFD, Razer Orbweaver Chroma, Delanclip, Trackhat PS3 camera & Opentrack, Oculus Rift-S

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. I am taking notes on multiple requesta I’ve seen here. Some of them are fairly simple (shorter time for „long press”), some are more difficult but in works (different code pages and keyboard layouts). as for HIND, I dont have the module myself but when ai start 2weeks of free play I can debug. i know the changes are slow but I am leading a DCS squadron, fly real planes in free time, work and take care of my family so finding time to support rs mapper is not sometiing I find often. (But I do and I intend to finish announced functionality. In time 🙂 )

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Avantar

My rig: MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI; HyperX Fury RGB 64GB (4x16GB) 3200MHz DDR4 CL16; Intel Core i9-10900KA; Zotac RTX 3090; HOTAS Warthog; HOTAS Cougar; MFD Cougar; Track IR 5; Saitek Pro Flight rudder Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry if that questions had been asked before (can't find it ) I'm looking for a way to give Jester complex orders with only one button press. This can be really useful for orders like fuel tank jettisonning

- A for menu appearance

- A for second menu appearance

- 4 for air to ground ordinance select

- 7 for select weapon pylon

- 2 for select the good pylon

then

- A again for menu appearance

- A for second menu

- 4 for air to ground ordinance select

- 6 for jettison select ordinance

Ouf !!!

Not really easy when I must enter in a dogfight !

Sequence doesn't work for that it seems because it needs multiple button push...

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

• 1 month later...
On 5/6/2021 at 9:55 PM, Pac-Man said:

You need to be sure the same controllers are plugged in when launching a profile as when the profile was created. You can edit the .xml but it's a real pain in the rear. 

Thanks for that nugget of information. Connections were lost tidying up the cables. Thanks for RSMapper too.

• 2 weeks later...

To get left or right Windows modifier to work, do I name the sequence the same as the action name? Trying to understand the linkage involved between "actions in sequence" and the target button. Would just highlighting the target row be enough? My first attempt needs to be deleted. Thanks for any help.

• 2 weeks later...

When I bought TM Warthog I first started using TARGET and... f... hell - have not had so many issues with peripheral software in my life. RS Mapper came to rescue and for that I THANK YOU. I have been using it every since. It's lightweight, is simple to figure out yet powerful. It's the right tool for the job.

THANK YOU.

For those curious about my TARGET experience - the biggest pile of sh.. I have ever seen (I am not looking for any advice, I am done with TM and their garbage software and extremely poor customer service). It is not the functionality of TARGET, it is the issues it caused with TM's own device! It would not recognise it, it would stop working mid-flight, had to exit DCS if I forgot to turn it on prior to launching DCS. Had to edit registry to make my HOTAS recognisable in Windows. Had exactly ZERO of those issues with RS Mapper and can even change the settings mid-flight or switch it on and off. When I contacted TM support they sent me a looong, unhelpful email describing multi staged process with steps I had to do prior to them even looking into it (would take me ages), even wanted a video. I uninstalled TARGET and all my issues magically disappeared. Such sh... customer service...

Edited by sebs

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Avantar,

Thank you for this utility. I currently use it for my general commands. I love the Long Press option.

I have found some small issues. It's been a long time since I read the whole topic, so it is possible some were already mentioned by others. Sorry, if that is the case.

RS Mapper 0.0.52.0

• ·         POVs NW doesn’t load properly into the POVs window from the .RSMapper file

• ·         POVs SP/LP/RL functionality doesn’t work as it does in Buttons section/window (doesn't give a filled checkbox when command exists)

• ·         POV NE SP/LP/RL functionality grays out

• ·         An F10 command assigned in a profile selects RS Mapper File Menu when executed

• ·         Long Press (LP) Continuous (Hold) becomes a Sticky Key instead of a Hold Key (default non-continuous is Pulse)

• ·         I would love to have a CTRL+S Save Shortcut

• ·         I would love if we could change all (sub)window sizes. Especially the “All mapped actions” window can’t be made higher.

• ·         I would love if the columns would Size All To Fit by default (Header and Contents)

Thanks again for this great utility.

Alpha Tauri - 322nd Dutch Virtual Air Defense Squadron

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Avantar,

Just wanted to thank you for a great program! It works so simply and beautifully. I had tried vjoy with JoystickGremlin before in the hope that I could get my 2 way switches properly recognised to no avail. This just worked straight up and very intuitive.

Many many thanks sir!

Roel

Edited by shreddersa
spelling correction

Hi, first of all thank you for a great program. Is there any donate option?

If the following bug could be fixed, it would be great:
I have a controller connected via bluetooth, everything works fine. However, if the controller is disconnected (eg weak bluetooth signal, low battery), then RSmapper will crash.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/14/2021 at 8:57 AM, Profisim1 said:

Hi, first of all thank you for a great program. Is there any donate option?

If the following bug could be fixed, it would be great:
I have a controller connected via bluetooth, everything works fine. However, if the controller is disconnected (eg weak bluetooth signal, low battery), then RSmapper will crash.

Thanks!

If you disconnect a device, RSmapper cannot communicate with it anymore no matter how it was connected (BlueTooth or cable) Even if RSmapper would stay's running there is no way to use the disconnected device anymore. Look into a solution that will keep your BlueTooth up and running, this will keep RSmapper running too. Disconnecting a device cannot be solved by RSmapper so in my view it is not a bug.

DONATIONS? No idea about that, the link in HELP->ABOUT does not work.

HP I7 Win 7 64x | Thrustmaster HOTAS | VoiceAtack | Vaicom Pro | Smile on my face!

Nothing is for sure and even that is not!

On 12/9/2021 at 5:01 PM, usadutch said:

If you disconnect a device, RSmapper cannot communicate with it anymore no matter how it was connected (BlueTooth or cable) Even if RSmapper would stay's running there is no way to use the disconnected device anymore. Look into a solution that will keep your BlueTooth up and running, this will keep RSmapper running too. Disconnecting a device cannot be solved by RSmapper so in my view it is not a bug.

Well, the bluetooth device may disconnect due to a bad signal for only a few seconds and then continue to operate normally. The point is that RSMapper will crash completely after a disconnect event. And this will also stop other (wired)devices actions that I have set up via RSMapper. The expected behavior would be to disable disconnected device and the actions associated with it, but the program itself should continue to run with other devices.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone figured out how to make the throttle detents go from Off/Idle to Mil/AB within RS Mapper? I am looking to turn the detent around on my warthog to be an AB detent rather than the factory Off/Idle, which is easy to do but I cant figure out how to move the virtual buttons from the bottom of the range to the top of the range. 

Also have been using the program and having a great success using it to make things to my liking, thank you for your work Avantar

Edited by WRCRob

• 2 months later...

I'm new with RS Mapper. I've one question. I have a simpit with a lot of switches. I tried to use some with RS Mapper. They work fine with press and release. But after restart, most of the switches changed the direction. It looks confuse. Is RS-Mapper not able to read out the current position of the switches? In DCS-BIOS I have a small script in the Arduinos  to read out the current positions. In bodnar boards not. Without this option is rs-mapper useless for me 😞

Edited by Heling

I think it depends on how DCS Bios is reporting the controller position. I don't have any experience with DCS Bios. However, I can tell you that I have made a custom button box using Arduino and use RSMapper with the Thrustmaster Warthog and it doesn't have any issue detecting button/switch position. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.Vcw13.com

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

https://www.youtube.com/c/OverKillSims

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to be "that" guy, but I've just fired her up.

Using an X-56.  I use the stick axis as buttons, not an axis.  Is there any way to assign these as it's not picked up in the mapper software.

Pre-edit:

I HAVE just fired up the x-56 software and CAN designate the stick as "keys" and they get recognised as key presses in the mapper software, so guess I could have both running......

I'll have a tinker, but this is going to be a long term project 😃

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to ask if you could add an option to utilize the right and left windows buttons as a modifier button, like the right and left control or alt buttons.   IL-2 Great Battles, uses them by default.  Thanks.  I appreciate your time.

Edited by Lupus4

“If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly.”

― Nick Lappos

"If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing."

― Chuck Yeager

"Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."

― Shane Patton

Is development on this software still active?

“If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly.”

― Nick Lappos

"If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing."

― Chuck Yeager

"Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."

― Shane Patton