RS Mapper Release

Avantar

My game is currently detecting the release as a key press, so that "Modifier + L" is doing Modifier +L and L.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

“If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly.”

― Nick Lappos

"If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing."

― Chuck Yeager

"Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."

― Shane Patton

21 hours ago, Lupus4 said:

Is development on this software still active?

To me it looks like abandoned, the developer, @Avantar, commented on July 17th 2021 and nothing after that. To bad as this is a fantastic piece of software that does exactly what I need/want.

Edited by usadutch

HP I7 Win 7 64x | Thrustmaster HOTAS | VoiceAtack | Vaicom Pro | Smile on my face!

Nothing is for sure and even that is not!

• 1 month later...

Quick question, Ive been on the fence in starting a profile for my setup but wanted to get started today. Noticed that some of the commands Id like to map in RS Mapper there are no keyboard commands assigned such as collective mission grips on the HOCAS in the Apache module. How would I go about mapping them? Really interested and excited in getting started with this mapper!

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/8/2022 at 6:24 AM, Hammer1-1 said:

Quick question, Ive been on the fence in starting a profile for my setup but wanted to get started today. Noticed that some of the commands Id like to map in RS Mapper there are no keyboard commands assigned such as collective mission grips on the HOCAS in the Apache module. How would I go about mapping them? Really interested and excited in getting started with this mapper!

The developer seems to be LOA, what precisely are you trying to do? If a specific keybind is missing in the Game then you can just add it and assign that added function to the RS Mapper...but I think you mean something else, do you?

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Trying to map a few items that arent mapped to a keyboard in DCS, for example: Ralt + Home = starts engines...but lets say igniters are mappable in DCS by pressing a button to assign, but no keyboard shortcut exists.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

On 7/2/2022 at 5:21 PM, Hammer1-1 said:

Trying to map a few items that arent mapped to a keyboard in DCS, for example: Ralt + Home = starts engines...but lets say igniters are mappable in DCS by pressing a button to assign, but no keyboard shortcut exists.

RS Mapper enables you meanwhile to create key combos for everything possible Combination. In your specific example RAlt + Home to start the right Engine.
Let me know if this is what you´re talking about
3UsF764.png

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, mistermookiefun said:

Hey,

Thanks a lot for that wonderful piece of software!

I was wondering, can we use a HOTAS button as a modifier key?

Like:

Button 20 does X

Button 21 does Y

Button 20+21 does Z

Thanks a lot!

hey there, yes you can use a button as profile modifier. In my case, I´m using the HOTWAS Warthog and use the Boat Switch as modifier to cycle between 3 Profiles which works like a charm. But setting it up can be a bit tricky

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I'm rather new in gaming.

Bought some mods in DCS.

Work with Virpil hard- and software (far from easy!).

I'm trying to configure the Joystick and Throttle bindings in RS Mapper.

Searched but did not find an answer so far for the question if you can set (as an example) for Button 9 in RS Mapper the number 15 for BTN28 on the Joystick?

If so, how to insert the number 15 because there are only the numbers from 0 to 9...?

Greetings, El. 

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/7/2022 at 7:04 PM, El_Pilot said:

Hello,

I'm rather new in gaming.

Bought some mods in DCS.

Work with Virpil hard- and software (far from easy!).

I'm trying to configure the Joystick and Throttle bindings in RS Mapper.

Searched but did not find an answer so far for the question if you can set (as an example) for Button 9 in RS Mapper the number 15 for BTN28 on the Joystick?

If so, how to insert the number 15 because there are only the numbers from 0 to 9...?

Greetings, El. 

A bit late response, but what exactly are you about to do? You can rename the buttons to better identify them but you can not assign a button the function of another button.

On 9/3/2023 at 5:38 AM, Palmtask said:

Question sorry a bit tech challenged. All I would like to do is fix the Thrustmaster warthog switches.

If I go in and change them do I need to update all my controls in this program or can I only change the ones I have an issue with?

What do you want to fix there on the Warthog? You mean they are damaged and need to be replaced and you wonder if it effects the functions assigned in RS Mapper?

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

I'm a TM fan, I've got the TMWH, Crosswinds, BlackHog button box. Currently I use TARGET with Sedenion's Complete 120dx hack.... I'm getting 96 dx presses with Long/Short TEMPO presses. On the BlackHog I use Joy2key to program it. What's cool I can use it to program a keystroke on the HOTAS while still running a SCRIPT. And I use the TARGET event tester to see if the BH is working correctly. I'm completely tearing apart the Office/Mancave/Cockpit...... and I've got a PTO2 and Viper Panel coming... in fact I got an email saying the panel will ship Oct. 12th. PTO2 is on the way. This looks to be a good program to use. It programs just like TARGET GUI, button presses can be Pulse or Hold.... Chain events, Sequence events, press/release events, but no TEMPO in GUI. I like TARGET because when you run it, the game only sees one controller... that could include, stick, throttle, Viper Panel, TPR pedals..... MIP.....etc.... in joy2key I have seperate profiles for P-51, P-47, Mosquito, A-4, and then a single profile to cover IL2. And I can switch profiles on the fly too. Has there been a problem with support lately?

Sempre Fortis

I'm a TM fan, I've got the TMWH, Crosswinds, BlackHog button box. Currently I use TARGET with Sedenion's Complete 120dx hack.... I'm getting 96 dx presses with Long/Short TEMPO presses. On the BlackHog I use Joy2key to program it. What's cool I can use it to program a keystroke on the HOTAS while still running a SCRIPT. And I use the TARGET event tester to see if the BH is working correctly. I'm completely tearing apart the Office/Mancave/Cockpit...... and I've got a PTO2 and Viper Panel coming... in fact I got an email saying the panel will ship Oct. 12th. PTO2 is on the way. This looks to be a good program to use. It programs just like TARGET GUI, button presses can be Pulse or Hold.... Chain events, Sequence events, press/release events, but no TEMPO in GUI. I like TARGET because when you run it, the game only sees one controller... that could include, stick, throttle, Viper Panel, TPR pedals..... MIP.....etc.... in joy2key I have seperate profiles for P-51, P-47, Mosquito, A-4, and then a single profile to cover IL2. And I can switch profiles on the fly too. Has there been a problem with support lately?

How do you remember all of those presses? I would never be able to!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

I don't use all the buttons and switches on the throttle, they are too hard to use with the throttle forward. I mainly use the ones on the throttle handles. And on my BlackHog button box. Freakin Voice command is the way to go, but it takes just as long to set up.. and who can remember all those lines... CUuuuuuuT!...... :director:   :joystick:

Cheers....

• Like 1

Sempre Fortis

I don't use all the buttons and switches on the throttle, they are too hard to use with the throttle forward. I mainly use the ones on the throttle handles. And on my BlackHog button box. Freakin Voice command is the way to go, but it takes just as long to set up.. and who can remember all those lines... CUuuuuuuT!...... :director:   :joystick:
Cheers....

Voice commands are easy, because they makes sense to use the same one in every module. "Gear up", you won't forget that one.
For HOTAS I map everything as close to the real thing as possible. Only way I can remember them. Could neve eget TARGET to work anyway, would always crash, not that I mind.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

It's not bad, I use TARGET GUI & SCRIPT. but I use Joy2key for my BlackHog, but I found while Using SCRIPT with the TMWH I can still program Sequence presses with Joy2key on the WH, you just have to tell Joy2key you want to use 120dx presses for your custom profile. Because default is 32. When using TARGET GUI you are emulating a keyboard, Joy2key can stay at 32.

Sempre Fortis

• 1 month later...
On 1/2/2024 at 5:28 PM, AirOliver23 said:

I have version 0.52 of RSMapper and for some reason I can't assign sequences to a POV hat as it say it can. I can for any other button, but not to a POV hat.
Any one with this issue? What am I doing wrong?

did you clicked on the Tab which says POVs?
image.png

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

On 1/5/2024 at 9:53 PM, MemphisBelle said:

did you clicked on the Tab which says POVs?
image.png

Yes I’m on the POV tab and choose one direction, but the sequence option in greyed out so I can’t choose it. Super strange, because I can choose sequence for any other button except the POV hat.