Windows 10 DCSWorld 2.5 beta

Ever since I have installed the 2.5 beta. Something in the software is randomly popping open FILE EXPLORER Where DCS is. I have DCS loaded onto a separate Game SSD Drive. So it is not with the OS.

In the morning File Explorer box is open on my game drive.

I have also recently install a X56 but I dont think that is causing it? That software is installed on the OS drive.

I will add more about how this is happening for the next week or two. I hope we can find out what is opening up that drive and causing file explorer to open up on that drive. It opens up to show all the folders on the drive. Not any specific one folder. As if I clicked on the drive letter.

Edited by tothesky

it could be a load of different things causing this

check your task scheduler see if anything looks amiss

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

very strange indeed !

What's your Virus Scanner ?..and while asking...check Quarantine and let it run over DCS drive, just to play safe.

Close out all you can through TaskManager-->Autostart for next night. If it fixes it, bring back 1 after the other..that will tell you what is causing it.

wireless keyboard maybe ?? random signal pickup ? it's all 2.4GHz and I have a Babyphone that acts better like any A10-C jamming the whole house and next door LoL :)))

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Logitech G910 Spektrum keyboard kinda new. Something is hitting the Drive letter to my Game Drive. It just happened again every 3-4 hours. This time Logitech X56 software was off. DCS World off.

Not an antivirus or cleaner problem. Trust me this was not happening until I loaded up DCS World 2.5

OK So I check for preinstalled software. DCS World from Oct 2017 AND DCS World 2 Open Alpha June 20 2017. Of course new DCS World Open Beta

I think I will blow it all away and load it from scratch. I am not going to put up with this crap. Maybe something to do with why I cant profile the X56 ?

Edited by tothesky

The problem was gone for about 7 days. It has returned. I am going to turn off " hit clear " on the Green Rhino icon in the lower right. The software is closed but the icon was green rhino with a profile selected. Maybe that was bringing up File Explorer. It pops up the full window so I have to click it to get rid of it. Very annoying! %5Bimg%5Dhttps%3A//i.imgur.com/jhHrykV.jpg[/img]

Black Shark in the 86 folder. DCS World in the other folder. Steam is other game and not related to my DCS Software. All DCS Software is Retail Download from DCS directly.

Edited by tothesky

The Problem is back. Its popping up alot today. Played around with Black Shark a few times today. Tried leaving a profile on in the green Rhino. Tried Cleared. Its still popping explorer. WTF? :mad:

I got a clue this morning! I heard the windows connect sound for no reason. Twice last couple days. Checked event viewer. Found many disk # has surprised removed

1. It is the game disk that has been opening in file explorer window.

2. When the error happened this morning it did not pop open the file explorer window.

3. Drive is a Intel SSD S3500 enterprise drive. MB is a Asus Sabertooth Z170. Updated.

Intel says a cable change could stop the error. Others have seen the drive disappear or the info not show up when the error occurs. I am not seeing that symptom.

Edited by tothesky