What comes after the Hornet?

Guest Guest

Even though I like the F/A-18, I would drop it faster than a a Krispy Kreme in front of Kirsty Allie for a well modeled F-16.

Same :) And so many countries fly it. It would be their best selling module ever I bet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After Hornet?

Westland Wasp

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/409757266077903049/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gumbo's Flying Circus - Visit Twitch to Watch!

PC Specs: 2700x @ 4Ghz, 32Gb 3200 DDR4, 8GB Palit RTX 2080, Intel SSD7 NvMe, Samsung 860 Evo SSD, AOC G2460PF 144hz 1ms 1080p Freesync monitor, Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackHat :pilotfly:

I believe, some sort of dynamic campaign engine would bring DCS on a completely new level, and I wish either ED or a third party group could focus on that instead of making another plane.

+1

+ patching to an emarald state, then add new content, selected and with a slower pace, so it's riper and the whole DCS experience will get better.

The constant beta stage that we are in does leave a few things aside.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Would vote for MiG-29, F-16 or another helicopter.

PC: Intel Core i7-12700K| Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4| 2x 32GB DDR4 Kingston Fury Beast (KF436C18BBAK2/64)| PowerColor RX 6800 XT Red Devil| 3x SSD-Drive (one for DCS only)| 3x HDD-Drive| Cougar Panzer Max| custom water cooling| Fedora Linux| Windows 11|

Gear: Meta Quest 3| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS| MFG Crosswind v2| Leap motion controller|

After Sunday stream the chances for F-16 are much higher. While similar to F-18 the F-16 is serving in many air forces around the world which is a good reason to believe that it is the module which has the chance to beat the F-18 in terms of sales.

I suppose that a Russian flight (eg. MiG-29) will cause more balanced and interesting user experience

As for Russian aircraft the only indication at the moment is the "hint" related to MiG-23 where someone from ED wrote that they are not going to give it to any other developer.

While we're speculating anyway let's at least try to keep the discussion to the leaked hints rather than creating yet another wish thread ;)

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

I believe, some sort of dynamic campaign engine would bring DCS on a completely new level, and I wish either ED or a third party group could focus on that instead of making another plane.

This. This X N+1

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

As DCS stands for a COMBAT Simulator, all Jets/Helos with a rich combat track record are more than welcome.. speaking for the Jets :

Tornado, F-16C, Mig 23, ( Mig 29 ).. to name only a few ..

but fully +1 with the dynamic campaign approach instead..

Edited by JABO2009

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

+1000

DC has been floating around the wishlist for years and years. For me it is my number 1 wishlist item. Seriously I would pay $100 for a well made DC module. A well made DC module would give us near limitless replayability with any aircraft which is my biggest problem with DCS - the aircraft are nice but there are 1 or 2 official campaigns per plane but then unless you fly multiplayer you're pretty much stuck with creating missions for yourself in ME - this is one of the reasons I left DCS few years ago because I spent 10x more time in ME than in cockpit. So yes please - DC absolutely gets my vote for next DCS module.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

+1000

DC has been floating around the wishlist for years and years. For me it is my number 1 wishlist item. Seriously I would pay $100 for a well made DC module. A well made DC module would give us near limitless replayability with any aircraft which is my biggest problem with DCS - the aircraft are nice but there are 1 or 2 official campaigns per plane but then unless you fly multiplayer you're pretty much stuck with creating missions for yourself in ME - this is one of the reasons I left DCS few years ago because I spent 10x more time in ME than in cockpit. So yes please - DC absolutely gets my vote for next DCS module.

I am with you 100% on wanting a DC more than anything else, but there are a slew of core improvements to DCS that would need to come first, as well as expansion of the map sizes. So, I would love to see those items being knocked out while also being dual pathed with development information being released to us re: an upcoming DC.

My next dream scenario would be the Red guys getting something DCS level to compete with the Hornet and Tomcat. I'd never fly it myself but I think it's overdue at this point for the sake of balancing teams on MP (the only way I fly).

What I think will actually be announced next is the F-16...this is awesome, I just hope there are some ways to realistically make it a Redfor plane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

+1000

A DC is also the highest item on my wishlist.

There was a interview at rockpapershotgun with Wags in January where he was asked about MBot`s DC:

RPS: MBot’s dynamic campaigns for DCS World seem popular. Have they influenced ED’s thinking at all?

Matt: While we certainly applaud his efforts, we have much bigger plans for DCS World on this front. We are pursuing much more ambitious plans that incorporate community, cause-and-effect continuity, strategic and tactical goals, player performance tracking and rewards, and accounting for time periods.

A bit too early to go into more detail, but this is very much a high priority for us moving forward post-2.5.

Don`t know what exactly that means, but it seems they have a plan for such campaign. Only time will tell though.

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

A multicrew Growler would be cool, but I bet it'd be extremely hard or impossible to get adequate information to model the systems. Do you think that the Super Hornet is different enough from the Legacy Hornet that ED would pursue developing it? The Cortex Super Hornet got the axe for that reason and also it was competition for the Legacy Hornet too, right?

Lot 20 Legacy to Lot 24 Block I Super Hornet are so close it would be minimal changes to avionics, just 3D Model, Cockpit, Flight Model and FCS Changes.

Block II Updates to Super Hornets weren't until Lot 25

Doubt it though, there are other more wanted aircraft..

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs