F18 7-Segment display for UFC

Guppy

I'm curious if anyone has any ideas utilizing 7 segment displays and pulling the information from DCS and getting them to project accurately on them? I know none of us have access to the hornet, in particular, but the harrier looks like it has similar displays and perhaps someone has tried this.

I'm curious about the feasibility of this as I'm working on a UFC for my own Hornet-ish pit.

If you read JRs 1:1 Hornet he is going for a LCD Arduino but has not got around to testing them so stay put to his thread.

The other stand out F-18 UFC on here made his own displays from LCD, pretty amazing! Can't remember his name though.

I'm in the same piace and have thought I might just make the UFC see through where the displays are and export the view to the monitor underneath, it won't look nearly as good but for me, it may be the only thing I can do with my limited skills!

I was thinking to make hybrid UFC so that I would use UFC export and then build push button panel around that one. Similar idea like Thrustmaster MFD's. But we need to wait and see until early access is released.

Asus X99 Deluxe II|Intel i7 6850K @4.2GHz|G.Skill 64GB Trident Z DDR4 3200MHz|Noctua NH-D15 and 4x NF-A14 PWM|Corsair HX850i

Win10 Pro 64 @M.2 512GB 950 PRO|DCS @M.2 250GB 960 EVO

ASUS GTX 1070 STRIX OC 8GB GDDR5|ASUS PG348Q - LG 25UM58 @3440x2520

Corsair Strafe RGB MX Silent|TM Hotas Warthog 7.5cm ext & 3x MFD Cougars|MFG Crosswind|TrackIR 5

A-10C|AJS-37|AV-8B|BS2|F/A-18C|FC3|Mi-8MTV2|PG NE NO SY maps|Tacview.

There are no 7-Sequment displays.

According to this picture it seems to be dot-matrix displays.

It may also be possible to reproduce this with 16-Sequment displays.

This can best be implemented with the DCS-BIOS project from [FSF]Ian.

All you have to do is create the export script for the F/A-18C.

Maybe you can also create a variant like the F/A-18E Super Bug with touchscreen.

Simpit Software by SDA "SIMPIT DEVELOPER ASSOCIATION"

• DCS ExportScript
  • D.A.C. DCS to Arcaze Communicator
  • Ikarus a new Virtual Cockpit Software

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Hard/Software: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 32 GiB RAM, extra SSD for Windows 10 and DCS World, AMD Vega Frontier Edition with 16 GiB VRAM

The other stand out F-18 UFC on here made his own displays from LCD, pretty amazing! Can't remember his name though.

Your probably mean this genius ... https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=194124

He is using some raspberry pi screen for the MFD and has built is own multi-segment LED.

I am still trying to figure out how he managed to export to the LCD.

Can you clarify what you mean by "JRs 1:1 Hornet"?

Your probably mean this genius ... https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=194124

He is using some raspberry pi screen for the MFD and has built is own multi-segment LED.

I am still trying to figure out how he managed to export to the LCD.

Can you clarify what you mean by "JRs 1:1 Hornet"?

Maybe it's just test data as the Hornet isn't out?

I think in time DCS-Bios will drive the LED and you should be able to do an export view by editing a .lua file providing you get your LCD recognised as a display by Windows?

Maybe it's just test data as the Hornet isn't out?

Don't think so, look at his youtube channel he has actually tested with both A10 and Harrier you can definitely see it's working already.

I am really curious on how he exported it knowing that he has used rapberry touch screen.

I wonder if he has used raspberry as interface at all or just the screen