Official 'What If' Thread

C-47. I feel the need for some Gooney Bird love.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love a Tempest more than anything else. Perfect for Normandy and blowing up all those nicely modeled German tanks in the WWII asset pack which currently do not serve much purpose!

I also think that a Mosquito and JU88 in tandem would be a great thing and provide an opportunity for attack/defend scenarios (at low level where you can utilize and enjoy the high map detail) beyond the current fighter/bomber vs fighter.

Eventually I would like to see a Bf106G and FW190A, but would much rather have other planes are progressed before variants of models we already have.

A Russian fighter (comparable to existing DCS warbirds) would make things really interesting. Yes, would be totally out of place for Normandy, but with a bit of imagination, existing map winter seasons could serve (at a pinch) as a crude stand in for the Eastern Front.

Edited by Kestrel

8700k, 1080Ti, 16GB 3200 RAM, Warthog Hotas, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution

DCS needs to decide what it wants to be. A study sim where combat is a minor passing reference or a combat flight sim where aircraft fidelity is secondary to the environment. I don't personally think it can be both, or within my lifetime...

Personally I would rather see DCS relax it's absolute adherence to fidelity and fully clickable cockpits in preference for building a coherent and comprehensive environment. I'm not saying to play fast and lose or make it up, and any planes released should be looked to upgrade to clickable cockpits etc in time but it seems the most rational way of getting content out in a reasonably quick fashion.

To answer the question, I would build on the existing Normandy time period (however much I disagree with the original choice) and bring us a P47, 109G , 190 A8, b25, Ju88, mosquito, typhoon and tempest.

updated tally of results until this point.

A couple of data points have been clarified to specify year/ variant.

Thanks, very clearly, but apparently it would be more appropriate to combine Yak-3 and Yak-9 into one column, since it is practically the same aircraft - those who want a Yak-3, will fly by yak-9 and vice versa - will be more visible. In any case, the Mosquito is a good option for the next aircraft.

Два главных вопроса к ЕД:

Зачем у Мустанга в ДКС винт от Ми-8, который разгоняет его с динамикой Спита при одинаковой заправке и бОльшей на четверть массе?

Почему у FW-190 топливо расходуется с одинаковой скоростью из переднего и заднего баков и в итоге сигнальные лампы загораются не впопад?

I am not greedy so only one aircraft in my preferred selection......The Mossie. My reasons are as follows:

Iconic British aircraft (Particularly relevant as this year is the centenary of the RAF).

Data and information readily available.

Multi-engine fighter bomber.

Multi crew possibilities.

Mission builders dream from a multipurpose airframe perspective.

In summary its simply multitastic Lol. :pilotfly:

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Bomber fighters of World War II are missing, even if we can carry bombs with the hunters. Even more appreciated if we have the multicrew.

De havilland Mosquito

Bristol Blenheim IV

North-american B-25 mitchell

Douglas A-20 Havoc

Messerschmitt BF110

Ju-87 Stuka

IL-2 Sturmovik

Sukhoi Su-2

Edited by cromhunt

Thanks for asking us, I would like to see flyable planes that fit our map and time frame:

-P-51B/C (with V-1650-7 and 150 octane fuel)

-Typhoon Mk IB

-Spitfire Mk XIV (with optional 150 octane fuel mod)

-Mosquito FB Mk VI

-Bf 109 G-6 ( with MW 50)

-Fw 190 A-6, A-8

-Ju 87 D-5

-Ju 88 (not sure which variant?)

Does anyone happen to know when my beloved Spit Mk IX might get full release? Also curious about the possibility of an optional 150 octane fuel mod for it. Lastly I would like to ask why are we getting a P-47D-30? Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't a late razorback (with paddle propeller of course) or early bubbletop fit better?

Lastly I would like to ask why are we getting a P-47D-30? Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't a late razorback (with paddle propeller of course) or early bubbletop fit better?

D-30 is plane introduced into service in early fall 44 (or late summer) like K-4 and D-9, it fits perfectly...

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |