DCS: F-16C Block 50 by EDSA

Drapion

F-16C Block 50 confirmed!

With the F-16C block 50, Mi-24P, AH-1S Huey Cobra and F-4E in the development pipeline, the future is very exciting. Together we look forward to taking Eagle Dynamics to the next level.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now the question is which block 50? USAF, Turkish, Chilean and what year.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Hope its the Block50D so we can wild weasel. Would make sense though since the AGM-88 HARM package is being made for the 18 aswell

Block 50D? what do you mean?

Here is a list off all the Block 50 D version. the Block 50 was wild weasel capable before this aircraft.

http://www.f-16.net/aircraft-database/view_airframes_byadvancedsearch/acshort/F-16/fy/0/plant/0/status/0/version/11579/subblock/D/program/0/airforce/0/unit/0/deployment/0/displayteam/0/actype/F-16/startnum/1

Keep in min this is different from a F-16D block 50D

1981394728_F-16Dblock50D.thumb.jpg.6a8b184359d642d65bd0e1b6e0a77b2f.jpg

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

You are right. Scratch my question :thumbup:

g8PjVMw.png

I do not have any pubs or docs, sorry.

To whom it may concern,

F-16C block 50 what is that?

:D

To whom it may concern,

mvsgas,

Do you have more pubs/docs on the -129 to share?

Thanks, downloading those now.

I forgot to mention, on those Hellenic manual. For example the -1, on page VII, it has a list on aircraft serial numbers. Those manuals are only applicable to those specific serial numbers back in 2003. They may or may not apply to any other F-16 except for those.

Here is a list of them.

http://www.f-16.net/aircraft-database/view_airframes_byadvancedsearch/acshort/F-16/fy/0/plant/0/status/0/version/11579/program/11629/airforce/0/unit/0/deployment/0/displayteam/0/actype/F-16/startnum/1

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I have a question did this spesific block was able to employ SDB's without a major update to plane itself?

AFAIK, Small Diameter Bomb (SDB) can be carried by USAF F-16 block 40 to 52 after the Common Configuration Implementation Program (CCIP). I guess the answer is no.

F-16 CCIP

The Common Configuration Implementation Program (CCIP) upgrades began in June 1998. This involved upgrading 650 US Air Force Block 40/42/50/52 aircraft to a common specification. CCIP Phase 1 included installation of a new modular mission computer (the Raytheon MMC7000) and colour multi-function-displays on 107 older Block 50/52 aircraft. CCIP Phase 1A was similar, but included a AN/APX-113 'bird slicer' interrogator/transponder, giving autonomous beyond visual range capability and integration of the AN/AAQ-33 Sniper imaging/targeting pod. About 250 Block 50/52 aircraft were upgraded from October 2002 onwards. CCIP Phase 2, delivered from July 2003, added Link 16 multi-function information distribution system (MIDS) datalink, JHMCS and electronic HSI. CCIP Phase 3 upgrades 397 Block 40/42 aircraft to Phase 1, 1A and 2 mods. CCIP modified aircraft are designated F-16CM and F-16DM and - from M4.2 on - can use the same Modular Mission Computer Software tapes. In 2009, all Block 50/52 aircraft and approx. 80% of the Block 40/42 aircraft were loaded with OFP 4.3 software. The remaining Block 40/42 aircraft will be fitted with CCIP and M4.3 by mid 2010. The 500th CCIP modified aircraft, an F-16C-50, was rolled out 26 March 2010. From 2001 to 2006, the Ogden Air Logistics Center at Hill Air Force Base modified and delivered 254 Block 50/52 aircraft operated by the US Air Force. The modifications took place in three phases and, as a result, 100 aircraft were modified twice during this time frame. In 2005, Ogden also began modifying the Block 40/42 fleet. All Block 40/42 aircraft received CCIP modifications in one shop visit. While a Block 40/42 aircraft was undergoing the CCIP modification, the Falcon STAR (Structural Augmentation Roadmap) modification was also completed.

http://wiki.scramble.nl/index.php/Lockheed_Martin_F-16_Fighting_Falcon

To whom it may concern,

Now the question is which block 50? USAF, Turkish, Chilean and what year.

Likely USAF.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

More info on SDB

http://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14387

edit

So according to this, it would have to be a very recent version, 2012 or newer.

Edit of the edit

I looks like as of Nov 2012, it was still not implemented, so even newer.

http://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20510

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

Likely USAF.

Thanks

To whom it may concern,

Eagle Dynamics F-16C Block 50 confirmed!

From this weeks newsletter:

"With the F-16C block 50, Mi-24P, AH-1S Huey Cobra and F-4E in the development pipeline, the future is very exciting."

All aboard the hype train! :thumbup:

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

They will be welcome additions. I like the direction.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

For the SDB, I guess it also needed Software 6.1 or higher.

List of software version here

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_versions_article2.html

and on the previous posted page

http://wiki.scramble.nl/index.php/Lockheed_Martin_F-16_Fighting_Falcon#M7

To whom it may concern,

F-16 CONFIRMED!!!

I my pants when I read today's DCS Weekend news. F-16 is confirmed... Somebody tell me where do I insert money! With the Huey, F-18, F-5, F-86 available and F-16, F-14, F-4, and Mirage F-1 in development, means that all my favorite airframes ever will be in DCS World. HOLLY $#!% I'm freaking out here... how will I ever sleep.

Edited by BIGNEWY

Excuse me for a moment while I lose my mind with excitement...

:rotflmao::bounce::rotflmao::bounce::rotflmao::bounce::rotflmao::bounce::pilotfly:

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.