DCS: F-16C Block 50 by EDSA

Drapion

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is such good news, we get a very interesting jet that is used by many different countries (assuming the exact varient is acceptable as a stand in for so many different modifications out there). Most of all I am happy that one in twenty threads won't be derailed into F-16 wishlists. Let the release date betting begin, my pick is sometime in early 2021.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

Not sure exact model ED will go for? I think their not sure just like the F/A-18, it will work itself out once all the info has been gone through and sorted out.

Where DCS / ED is right now, especially now with the F/A-18 systems, general ground radar tech, soon to be tweaked for the F/A-18 ground radar.

I don't think the turnaround time will be far off for this module, 3D model is done I believe, I'm guessing they will be using some of the DCS F16 demo FM? Or the same source data from NASA for flight model and engines. (Extrapolated equations from the NASA manned sim)

So depending on team workloads for other projects? Late 2019, I hope.:D

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I hope it's a more modern variant with either the PW-229s or GE-100/129.

+1 :thumbup:

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Agree, those things are rocketships

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Please don't do the C model, a D would be much better. You can do everything in singleplayer like in the C but it opens a new world for coop online flying. A F-16D with terrain following could be used like a mini F-15E.

As I said in another thread, the F-16DJ Block 50D would fix everything, as it's multi-crew, SEAD-capable, and it's an F-16. Plus, it's a later block with a GE engine.

Keep in mind that most D models are made for training. So MFD/CMFD just mirror each other. Also, many lack the Aft Seat HUD Monitor (ASHM)

So no HUD information unless you use one of only two MFD/CMFD.

Finally, D models carry less fuel that C models.

AFAIK, the only "multicrew" F-16 ( as in both pilots can use different MFD/CMFD and work together to strike a target) is the F-16I Block 52+ and Singapore block 52+. The easiest way to identify these are looking for the large bulges on the nose.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I've seen pictures of Ds with combat loads, and I know that they are used, just not as often. By the way, how exactly do multi-seat aircraft work in single player? I don't have any, so I'm wondering if you get to decide which seat you're in, and what the skill level of the AI in the same aircraft is.

I've seen pictures of Ds with combat loads, and I know that they are used, just not as often.

Absolutely, as a matter of fact, the first USAF AIM-120 kill was with an F-16D (90-0778)

From F-16.net

The only reason for it flying the combat mission (4 Hours) that day was to take flying hours off it so it could go in for a phase inspection. Most of its flight time during Operation Southern Watch was (FAM) rides for in coming pilots and VIP's, being the only D model. The canopy was so bad that Lt. Col North (at that time) stated "it was like landing with a paper bag on your head.

But there was nobody on the back seat AFAIK.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I wouldn't buy a two seater. Two seat fighters are a deal breaker for me (bombers/strikers/choppers are different of course). This is doubly true with the F-16 where you gain nothing from the second seat but get reduced rearward visibility, extra weight and less fuel. This is all moot though, I'm not convinced an F-16 is in the pipe. I've seen trailers for DCS advertising the OH-58 as an upcoming flyable too. It's about 4 years old and nobody is working on it as far as I know.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

I believe the popularity of an F-16 is down to the long list of export countries which does mean it fits into so many scenarios in a sandbox. If it's a C then I guess people will crow over the 50/52 for the '91 HARM addition. It will be nice when done, I wonder if the work on F-18 helps improve speed. I hope they dont have research delays like the Hornet.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *