F-14D??

OnionSpider13

I mean, I agree. The -D model is quite different and requires A LOT of work so I would never expect it for free. Surely not for full price like the A/B (if you own those) but maybe as an expansion pack and/or standalone.

I think 99% of people would happily pay whatever price for a properly made -D model.

I think it would work if you could buy the A/B or D model for 80$ each, but once you owned one, you could get the other one for 50$ or 60$.

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7, i5 6600K @3.5ghz, GTX 1070, 16GB ram, Windows 10 Home x64 https://pcpartpicker.com/b/JH9J7P

Modules: A-10C, FC3, F/A-18C, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, AJS-37, AV-8BNA, M-2000C, MiG-21, F-14A/B, JF-17, F-16C, Supercarrier

Maps: Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf

Awaiting: DCS: F-15E

you guys just want the Delta because of the airspeed on the hud.. haha

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

There is more going for it than that.

Glass cockpit displays, AWG9 radar replaced with AN/APG71: a radr that is now Multi mode ( A2A and A2G mapping modes)) , computer augmented Flight control ( auto trim) along with JDAM integration

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

55 D's were built of over 700 F14's. There is very little data available. If you want the D, go find the data.

Makes sense...and if there was widely available data, it would still be a couple more years before we would see it in DCS.

An F-14B with Sparrowhawk HUD upgrade and other associated upgrades makes much more sense but for some reason as Cobra has stated, this is unlikely.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

An F-14B with Sparrowhawk HUD upgrade and other associated upgrades makes much more sense but for some reason as Cobra has stated, this is unlikely.

I guess there's already a B in game and if they implement a HUD and a PTID, why not go a bit further and make a D to complete the variant trilogy.

But even if they wanted, they can't make the B you're asking for because they don't have a weapons part of the NATOPS which describes all the PTID menu functions.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

55 D's were built of over 700 F14's. There is very little data available. If you want the D, go find the data.

Nice fallcy btw, (Do the research yourself lel,) No because im not part of developement team and im not the one who would make a profit from a module . Besides HB wouldn't seriously consider F14D if there wasn't.

Anyways still much more than there were F/A18C Lot 20's produced ( only 10)

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I guess there's already a B in game and if they implement a HUD and a PTID, why not go a bit further and make a D to complete the variant trilogy.

But even if they wanted, they can't make the B you're asking for because they don't have a weapons part of the NATOPS which describes all the PTID menu functions.

With that being said F14D's were actually made without PTID's. IRRC they only got them after F14B's started being scrapped which would been in the last few years in the F14D's service life

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Nice fallcy btw, (Do the research yourself lel,) No because im not part of developement team and im not the one who would make a profit from a module . Dont assume that just because there are fewer of them is the reason for there not being any data. . Even if i did already do all the research i couldn't post them on public forums due to Rule 1.16

I'm not wasting any more time here...

Edited by Victory205

Viewpoints are my own.

• 1 month later...
Razbam just posted a video a couple of days ago stating their intentions....

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3866759&postcount=1

As for the Cat D. Why would HB spend another year rebuilding the module that's not even finished yet, instead of moving on to the next plane. I just don't see it.

Heatblur made the F-14. NOT Razbam. Sooo why is this in this thread?

Really? Any real evidence? They once remarked about making a lot of things...

Also, Razbam has already so many things on their desk. I highly doubt any of them can reach the state of release any soon...

Actually there is a LOT of evidence. :P

https://razbamsimulations.com/index.php/dcs/f-15e-project

https://i.imgur.com/MKuaOng.jpg

https://uploads.mudspike.com/original/3X/2/0/2025b9227e4a695ec15fb590d4509b7afdb24675.jpeg

https://uploads.mudspike.com/original/3X/1/c/1cee025434c3cbb5f830d64f327dbb53bd7a5e45.jpeg

Oh? I thought the closest thing to a F-15E would be the the F-15E Razbam is currently ALREADY making.

https://razbamsimulations.com/index.php/dcs/f-15e-project

he isnt necessarily wrong :megalol:

considering the state the av8b harrier is in after all this time, i don't have high hopes for that Strike Eagle.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I just came here to say:

Yeah the D would be great also... but modern looking HUDs already exist in F-15, F-16, F/A-18, and so on.

So, for me that's the A or B version.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

An F-14D would be badass!

WIN10-64 HOME Ryzen9 3900x 4.0GHZ, 32GB DDR4, RX6800xt, 1TSSD  Reverb G2, F-14 Simpit (WIP)

Virpil Collective 60 head, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals, TM MFDs, 5 Leo Bodnar boards.

Agreed having a F14D is part of my wet dreams as well :lol: but at the moment I would prefer them to concentrate on the A/B and making them as realistic as humanly possible. Thanks HB you have made DCS and flying in general fun again for me releasing the Cat.

so...hem...there is any actual info from heatblur devs about do or not F14d ?

i'm waiting to pilot them properly since 30 years ago...

Heatblur have expressed intrest to, in their words, "continue the tomcat journey", and that might mean they will be making a late model B with new HUD and displays etc, or maybe a D. However nothing is certain or promised, they have only expressed interest in doing so.

Heatblur have expressed intrest to, in their words, "continue the tomcat journey", and that might mean they will be making a late model B with new HUD and displays etc, or maybe a D. However nothing is certain or promised, they have only expressed interest in doing so.

I believe it was said somewhere that they wouldn't do a late B model because they might as well just go do a D model at the point. The upgraded B's saw a lot of action in a very short amount of time, but for scenario wise it makes much more sense to come out with the D. Also be better for sales.

It’s the F-14 Tomcat, one of the most iconic aircraft ever made. It’s not something relatively obscure like [insert a significant percentage of currently available DCS aircraft]. I think the sales would still be pretty dang high.

I would gladly pay more money for Heatblur to continue to develop later versions of the F-14.

Would love to see the sales figures of the F-14 vs. the Viggen...

I believe it was said somewhere that they wouldn't do a late B model because they might as well just go do a D model at the point. The upgraded B's saw a lot of action in a very short amount of time, but for scenario wise it makes much more sense to come out with the D. Also be better for sales.

2080Ti FTW3 Ultra - G.Skill RJ 32GB (16x2) DDR4 3200 - Ryzen 2700X 4.2Ghz OC - Corsair H100i Pro - Samsung 970 EVO M.2 2TB - TMW HOTAS w Delta Sim - F/A-18C grip - 10cm Sahaj - TrackIR 5 Pro - Rift CV1 - MFG CWind - BuddyFox UFC - DSD RK II - Cougar MFDs w/ LCDs - Foxx Mounts - VPC MongoosT-50CM base

- Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy

- Modules: FC3, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C, F-16C, F-86, KA-50, P-51D, WWII assets, and [insert campaign name]

Dreaming of the F-15E / F-14D / Rhino