Problem only with multiplayer

Banshee

Hey guys,

scratching my head with this one. Single player DCS runs like butter even low flights down through the Vegas strip are nice and smooth. When I try to go into multiplayer the load time is enormous and once in its so laggy its totally unplayable... its like two completely separate games. I do fly with Rift VR, but like I said single player is totally smooth. system specs

i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz

16384MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 Display Memory: 12221 MB

Dedicated Memory: 4058 MB

Shared Memory: 8162 MB

And DCS is on my SSD

What's your pagefile size? I think that matters too with DCS. And 4 GB VRAM is not much for 2.5 I think

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

pagefile size, Grecos?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• ED Team

MP load times are being worked on by ED.

for a busy server you want to give yourself 5 minutes + to load currently

some load quicker than others

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

haha see I had same problem xD

• ED Team

bring up your fps counter, then load into a server

when you see frames return to normal you are ready to select an aircraft

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

bring up your fps counter, then load into a server

when you see frames return to normal you are ready to select an aircraft

Hi,

I enable the Pagefile and im waiting for the FPS, works !

Big THX thumbup.gif

Welcome! I am very surprised that when DCS crashes that players don't even get a crash-message "increase pagefile size" or so... And neither is the "pagefile" thing in the DCS support site, would be good if it gets added there.