Purchasing the Persian Gulf Map for MP, who's buying it?

F900EX

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect I will be buying every "Real World" map made. I play single player though.

Yep, same here. BTW, there was a post some time ago that had a linked MP vs. SP voting ... SP was winning amongst those who voted and also in the post it was sad that ED numbers showed majority of SP recepients.

Interesting to see so many people primarily into SP on here. I'm one of them as well and really enjoy doing my own thing, but have always felt at the back of my mind that perhaps because I choose not to do MP makes me somewhat of an oddball outcast and I'm missing out on the core way (I thought) most people enjoy DCS (i.e. in MP).

For me the Persian Gulf map is a no brainer. Really looking forward to that environment with F14 and F18 naval ops and lots of scope for some really good mission making (especially because the Straight of Hormuz is such a natural pinch point in the middle of a powder keg).

I enjoy the variety that multiple maps provide and the cost of any new map (to date!) is minuscule compared to the overall time and modules I have invested in DCS so far, as well as all the hardware (which tbh is by fay the greatest cost). And I think DCS has a great future ahead, so will get good value in the long run given I can see myself doing this for a very long time.

8700k, 1080Ti, 16GB 3200 RAM, Warthog Hotas, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution

I have said this before but I think it is a true statement (at least I hope it will be), but I think that the Hornet, Tomcat and Phantom coming out coupled with the Persian Gulf Map will help boost DCS multiplayer by a lot.

The reasoning i see for this is that you have two sides, Iran and lets say NATO that have full fidelity jets on this map, the IRIAF gets F-5's, F-4E's, F-14A's, MiG-21BIS's (stand in for F-7), Mirage F1 and a smattering of FC3 Su-25's and MiG-29's

The NATO/Arab side has F-14A/B's, F/A-18C's, M2000C's, AV-8B's, A-10C's and others with a few FC3 F-15C's and A-10A's thrown in.

I think the Persian Gulf map is a good way of getting around the hurdles involved with making Full Fidelity Russian aircraft. I also think that having some sort of built in VoIP in DCS would would be a huge boon to multiplayer DCS, its very cumbersome and awkward having to download a seperate program for voice communication and not every server uses the same program, that is cumbersome and I'm sure chases a lot of people away from DCS Multiplayer.

Also DCS world will be hugely boosted by having a flyable F/A-18, F-14 and F-4 these are hugely iconic aircraft that at least in the US will draw far more players (IMHO) than a A-10, M2000C or AV-8B if just because they are so well known. I think the only aircraft that could top the F/A-18 and F-4 would be an F-16 in sheer draw and recognizably.

I will certainly buy this map and I am definitely hoping that the map will help to boost multiplayer!

I like your thinking. I hope it attracts more multiplayer.

I will pre-order the second I can and fly MP 80-90% of the time.

Built in coms would be a huge bonus too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That is an interesting fact most players play SP. I love MP and would rather get blow up 10 times only to learn from it quickly and adapt.

Remember not all servers are shoot and kill, there are some like the Aerobatics server were players just get on and fly around, no guns or missiles can be loaded. I have had a lot of fun on that server and some good chats about the DCS aircraft in general.

if there will be a dynamic campaign that consits every module, then i will buy it. otherwise i doubt it.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I usually play off-line, due to the fact that I need to pause the game from time to time (children calling, wife calling,...) and that can't be done in MP (nevertheless I agree that MP experience is much more rewarding). That said, I will probably buy this map, because it's really a good scenario where to develop new realistic missions and campaigns. But the immersion breaking problems of DCS remain the same: poor AI, irrealistic AI flight dynamics, poor ATC. With these problems every scenario, even the best one, looses appeal.

ASUS Z170 PRO Gaming || i7x6700K@4.6GHz || Noctua NH-U14S || Corsair16GB DDR4 - 3000MHz || Asus Strix GTX-1080 TI-11GB || TrackIr 5Pro || Saitek x-55 Rhino || Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals || Win10 pro

I usually play off-line, due to the fact that I need to pause the game from time to time (children calling, wife calling,...) and that can't be done in MP (nevertheless I agree that MP experience is much more rewarding). That said, I will probably buy this map, because it's really a good scenario where to develop new realistic missions and campaigns. But the immersion breaking problems of DCS remain the same: poor AI, irrealistic AI flight dynamics, poor ATC. With these problems every scenario, even the best one, looses appeal.

The hornet is going to have brand new carrier ATC which is a good start.

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

single player is too boring..it is nonsense to play such a simulator in "single" with the current AI status....

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Including the Yak-52?

Such a shame, we will miss you out there in the Gulf. :( :( :(

i am not interested in that plane.

i will be missing you too :bye_3:

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

btw is there a release date for the Persian gulf map?

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

The NTTR never really engaged me. I acknowledge that it's skillfully designed and artfully created. But it's a desert region; I live in a country that rarely sees a sunny day. Flying over a desert feels completely alien to me; I may as well be flying in Elite Dangerous over Mars.

Secondly, it's a training range; that killed some of the immersion for me.

But I'll be getting the Persian Gulf as soon as it's available. I'd rather a non-desert landscape, but I'm excited by the variation that we'll have with carrier- and land-based combat in a region that could realistically see skirmishes.

(Also, despite my comments about desert landscapes, I think it's somewhat easier to see other planes against the ground - the variation in colour makes it more difficult in the Caucuses)

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K, Kempston joystick Interface, Alba Cassette Recorder, Quickshot II Turbo Joystick

btw is there a release date for the Persian gulf map?

Two weeks™

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

EA buy for me on it. The features I want are in it...

1. Open Ocean, a place where carriers have been, and will go back to that isn't governed by the Montreux convention.

2. Interesting Opfor choices that aren't in a WW3 scenario, including some US stock

3. Islands. Capturing islands delights the mission maker in me.

4. Logical contesting sides on the map. A nice sea in between two countries. Makes everything easier to plan.

5. Fairly low detail. Conversely, to fight in, this is attractive for performance reasons. By all means buzz the strip when on your own, but I'd rather save a few frames in a fight. It's a map made for war.

6. It's a realistic hotspot where anything is feasible, which makes immersion easier to build in to the design. You can have outrageous scenarios involving all sorts. NTTR ... you can't really work around Groom Lake well, it's OK, but you have to use your imagination or just call it training. Caucasus is a bit more of a limited Georgian battle, there's little chance of seeing any overt confrontations with Russia between a Western force, at least on the carrier department.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I am gonna buy it for sure since i also bought the normandy map for ww2 immersion. It's a bit strange when you play a mission with the ww2 assets and do a gun run onto a tank in front of a nuclear powerplant :) Its not that bad in multiplayer because i am focusing on different things but in single player mode its a bit of an immersion breaker for me.

I didn't buy nevada because its a test and training range and i am really not interested in shooting dummies on a real target range. I know a lot of the US players gonna like it and a lot of those pilots who use DCS more as personal training tool than a "game". But for me the price is just too much for a couple of low flybys around vegas.

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

Absolutely day 1 prepurchase. Same for Carrier Module when it comes.

Wishing for Carrier Module news and its own OFFICIAL thread one day!

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Absolutely day 1 prepurchase. Same for Carrier Module when it comes.

Wishing for Carrier Module news and its own thread one day!

You can just start such a thread ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Guess I will just have to make a considerable effort to make compelling videos to market multiplayer FOR ED(for free of course... lol), really to show what it's like and how much fun it is.

Just waiting on building out the resource points system fully and an optimization pass on the socket DDCS protocol with the external DDCS engine (make the dynamic f10 menu quicker, lots of options, things to do), you'll be pleasantly surprised on what we have accomplished in the last 4 months (I see people wishing for things on this forum that we already have implemented on the DDCS engine, but I rather show you then type it, talk is cheap)

I just hate this negative multiplayer talk when it is the best adrenaline pumping awesome badass experience on a computer yet IMO (especially in VR, with a proper comm solution for your team), the persian golf map will be on my hardcore server rotation once I build it out (DDCS has been built to expand horizontally with minimal work on purpose)

yes been hooked and trying to push what this engine can do, it is a lot more than you think even with the bugs! (I wish I didn't have to sleep, need more time!)

Developer of DDCS MP Engine, dynamicdcs.com

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208608

I'll definitively won't be getting it anytime soon.

I hugely regret buying Normandy, have barely flown on it, mostly due to the fact that it was a ghost town online in over a year from its release.

And during that time i kept an eye on the server browser noticing that NTTR wasn't very populated either.

I've no interest in SP. So Caucasus is the way :thumbup:

Most DCS folks do SP only as stated by ED themselves. And I'm just repeating here what I've seen written elsewhere. How is that negative, especially when coming from someone who does both all the time?

I'd like to see the amount of hours made by MP users vs SP users.

Edited by dix