DCS: AJS-37 Status Update!

Cobra847

Dear All,

Just wanted to give you a quick heads-up on the Viggen and our current work.

This week we've squared away a major performance issue with the Viggen which was causing unstable frametimings. While your framerate (going by counter) is seemingly equal to other aircraft - the frametimes themselves could vary wildly by as much as 6ms from frame to frame. This could be "felt" if not entirely seen. We've now fixed this issue and frametime variance is down to expected values. This may have a bigger impact on those of you with lower end GPUs.

The biggest systems push of the last few weeks and months has been with correcting some of the aircraft's most egregious bugs; such as weapon delivery innacuracies. Some of these issues have cropped up as part of a change in the core DCS platform; which required us to go back and revise some of our modeling. The list of implemented fixes is not particularly long due to correction complexity, but should have significant impact on your enjoyment of the aircraft.

Once the next patch is ready to launch, we'll go into more depth and discuss our roadmap for Q2 of Viggen. Primary areas of focus for Q2 include the manual, new art, and new content.

Thanks for the support!

Heatblur Viggen Team

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Good news, thank you very much for the update! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Awesome, can't wait!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

Former F-16 Ground Crew @ RNoAF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've already learned almost all the functions of the Viggen, so a final manual isnt high on my list, what I would like is a fixed map on the kneeboard, and make it compatible with the kneeboard folder at saved games so we can put our own procedures on it.

After that, I'd love to have a longer Campaign ... and a Scandinavian map would be a wish come true, but I fully realize how big a task that would be, so I dont even dare to wish for it.

Thanks a lot for creating this wonderful simulator, and it will be my pleasure to support Heatblur by purchasing the Tomcat as soon as it appears :)

Cheers

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

After that, I'd love to have a longer Campaign ... and a Scandinavian map would be a wish come true, but I fully realize how big a task that would be, so I dont even dare to wish for it.

They have planned to make a map for the Viggen. So far and as far as I know, the development of the map was hindered by the map development tools that need to be made available by ED. I don't know what the status on this is currently, but maybe the Viggen map is what Cobra meant when he said "new content" in regard to the future Viggen roadmap in the OP.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thanks for the update, which is highly welcome!

Think I have to buy the Tomcat too, just to support HB on their way.

Despite I will not fly it very often ...

Marriage of TOViper :love: AJS is to happen very soon.

Kill me for this but the "Tomcat American jewing gum Topgun sunglass nice face white tooth for beginners thing" against AJS ... no fear my dear! :music_whistling:

Just joking, let's see how it will feel ...

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

I've already learned almost all the functions of the Viggen, so a final manual isnt high on my list, what I would like is a fixed map on the kneeboard, and make it compatible with the kneeboard folder at saved games so we can put our own procedures on it.

Sorry for little off topic, it should somewhere postet anywhere else, but I have to say that for supporting HB in creation/update of the manual.

I don't agree with Rudel_chw's statement in every detail. I personally think it is of utmost importance to finally have a written manual which is consistent with the model. But I love his idea of an updated/more sophisticated kneeboard which would help very often. :music_whistling:

The complexity of the aircraft is high, thus sometimes - after longer periods of not flying - it makes sense to look into the manual to get things right. The manual carries so much knowledge, and to be honest I would love to have the manual updated as far as possible. Of course it should state what the model can do, and what it cannot do due to system/model limitations.

Anyway, thanks Heatblur for the hard work you are doing on this wonderful model, I cannot say this often enough! :thumbup:

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1