Show your Flight set up :D

Track IR

I guess your right it seems to add alot to the immersion.

Being able to look around of course it's a plus !

I know I would really like to try the HMT for the Mig with Track IR !

I'll have to really think this one over again.

I just don't want to over accessorize my hobby.

What would the Buddha do.... :pilotfly:

Regards,

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Christopher M

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Ok so where's the picture of your's.. :smilewink:

Blaze

Ok, here's mine, (finally)

http://img352.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img2737cn5.jpg

http://img400.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img2746cl7.jpg

And yes, it is actually mine. :D

sorry, the picture quality is lacking. That's an old camera my dad gave me. :(

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Here is what mine used to look like until April 2007, then I gave my 21.3" Samsung Syncmaster LCD to my wife and bought the Westinghouse 37" 1080P HDTV (model 37w3 at 1920x1080 resolution) to use soley as a computer monitor. The TV above it is still just a 19" and the TrackIR is between the small TV and the new HDTV top edge. For size comparison, both of my laptops are 17" wide-aspect laptops.

The rest of the setup consists of my TM Cougar with the FSSB-R2 mod and fully modded throttle and stick hard mounted to a set of bolt-on wooden "wings" on my chair; CH Pro Rudder Pedals; TrackIR w Vector Expansion; and flight system is the black one on the left with a Core2Duo E6700 overclocked to 3.65 Ghz running cool (63 deg F) with a peltier heatsink system, 3 Gb of OCZ 1066Mhz SLI-Ready nvidia ram overclocked, BFG 680i SLI motherboard, 800w power supply, Dual BFG Nvidia 7950 OC GT video cards each with 512Mb of ram (overclocked farther), twin sata 160Gb drives in raid-0 for read/write speed.

WAS:

Talon_April_07.jpg

NOW:

Westy37w3-May07.jpg

Westy37w3_May07.jpg

my mess

its messy but it works

15" touch screen on the left

can swap from flight sim mode to driving in about 10 sec

x45 with a few mods a thrustmaster fcs modded and lengthened by about a foot ( very cool for lockon) and a collective added for bs if it comes out

7.1 surround and it all folds up and rolls like a wheel barrow

http://members.iinet.com.au/~petensneak/workspace.jpg

keep em coming

If I had the money I would go for Apple 30" monitor... that thing is absolute beauty, with masive resolution (2560x1600) and it's not actually THAT expensive (around AUD$2800 now) considering it's an abolute high quality professional display monitor :D I was very tempted to get it. The only downside is you would really need to have SLI or Crossfire to run it with good frame rate.

http://store.apple.com/133-622/WebObjects/australiastore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=5C4F3312&nclm=Display

Kuky, I reckon you'll love this monitor more:

http://www.samsung.com/au/products/monitors/tft/tvmonitor/305t.asp

slightly cheaper, better response time, same resolution and screen size....

:smilewink:

this is mine

100a.jpg

:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Here´s mine. Still using my old Sidewinder Pro stick which connects through audiocard(!). Old, but good! I got Track IR Pro 4.0 and next step is X52. Has X52 force feedback btw? I also wonder to buy rudderpedals but my wife does not agree with me all of this...hehe

EDIT: Attached images failed, here it is!

My moviemaking channel at YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RobertDamli

Here is what mine used to look like until April 2007, then I gave my 21.3" Samsung Syncmaster LCD to my wife and bought the Westinghouse 37" 1080P HDTV (model 37w3 at 1920x1080 resolution) to use soley as a computer monitor. The TV above it is still just a 19" and the TrackIR is between the small TV and the new HDTV top edge. For size comparison, both of my laptops are 17" wide-aspect laptops.

The rest of the setup consists of my TM Cougar with the FSSB-R2 mod and fully modded throttle and stick hard mounted to a set of bolt-on wooden "wings" on my chair; CH Pro Rudder Pedals; TrackIR w Vector Expansion; and flight system is the black one on the left with a Core2Duo E6700 overclocked to 3.65 Ghz running cool (63 deg F) with a peltier heatsink system, 3 Gb of OCZ 1066Mhz SLI-Ready nvidia ram overclocked, BFG 680i SLI motherboard, 800w power supply, Dual BFG Nvidia 7950 OC GT video cards each with 512Mb of ram (overclocked farther), twin sata 160Gb drives in raid-0 for read/write speed.

WAS:

Talon_April_07.jpg

NOW:

Westy37w3-May07.jpg

Westy37w3_May07.jpg

Love your setup ...... nice laptops i have one just like the white one you got .... Anyway nice setup :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter Pilots Make Movies, Bomber Pilots Make History.

Some great setup ideas here! Loving this thread. I'm in the middle of planning my cockpit right now and all these great cockpits are giving me some great help.

I keep hearing about Kuky's cockpit, however the pictures he posted are not showing up on the forums for me. Just big red X's, I would love to see his.

awesome but get a new monitor? :music_whistling:

My gaming machine still has a CRT. I want Black Shark to be Black Shark, not Grey Shark! :-)

Andrew McP... who won't be posting any pictures to this thread for fear of exciting desktop archeologists around the globe. I swear if you big deep enough into the debris and paperwork piled on it you'll find dinosaur bones! Well, ok, maybe a 486sx25 chip which I misplaced a while ago.

Ok, here's mine... :blush:

messygamerck4.jpg

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

i wish i had a rear camera view on the other monitor hehe:)

DSCF0112.thumb.JPG.c768a45a0085330d41bd74d57aef8b89.JPG

evga e760 x58 3way mb

nvidia gtx 480sc sli

intell 980x

1860 dominaters triple channel

corsair 800d case

2xintell m160g gen 2 ssd in raid 0

corsair hx1000 psu

win 7 64 ult

all fully water cooled by ek

dell u2711 monitor 2560x1440

x58pro