Best way to install 2.5 release?

Hi all, I'm running 2.5 open beta, looking to install stable release. What's the best way to do this, will the installer upgrade my current version or do I need and additional folder for release. I'm down to 50gb or so on my ssd so may not have enough space for it..

i5-7600K @ 4.8 | 32GB | 1080 | Rift S | TM MFD & WH HOTAS-10mm ext + TFRP

Start a command prompt.

Navigate to DCS install directory and then into the folder "bin".

Run command "DCS_updater.exe update @release".

Finished! If you're currently on the latest open beta, nothing will happen, other than that you just changed the branch from open beta to release.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

Start a command prompt.

Navigate to DCS install directory and then into the folder "bin".

Run command "DCS_updater.exe update @release".

Finished! If you're currently on the latest open beta, nothing will happen, other than that you just changed the branch from open beta to release.

Thanks for this perfect answer to the OP! This question has occured quite a few times in recent days and the provided solutions were often complex and caused unnecessary efforts. So I'm very happy to see such a perfect answer to that question. I felt the need to comment on that, as the rep system is gone, so I can't upvote you.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Well if you're in the bin folder, just type the quoted command I posted above, without quotation marks off course and you're all set buddy :)

If you are unfamiliar with basic command prompt commands, like traversing directories, just google it mate. You won't ever regret knowing the most simple and used commands like "cd.." and "cd mydirectory".

Edited by chrisofsweden

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

It's fairly easy, just don't get lost when you hop between directories ;)

1: Locate MS-DOS Command Prompt in your Windows Start Menu ( under Accessories usually ).

2: Run it, a black DOS like box will pop up.

3: Click into the box, so it's in focus and you can type.

4: Depending where your DCS install folder is, you will need to change directories from where you will launch the command. To do so, use the "cd" command, cd for Change Directory.

Type "cd d:\my_games\DCS\bin" without the "" and hit ENTER

Your cursor should now blink behind something that looks like that path:

"D:\my_games\DCS\bin>_" or whatever yours actually is.

5: Now type the command from the post above and update to release version.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X