DCS Terrain development team

Prowler111

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It takes a long time to complete a map. We are probably look at a couple of years until this is released?

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Not neceserilly, The map has very little ground, and very few populated areas AND, of those populated areas are very scarsly populated. Specialy if teh are modeling the 80s. Since the war there has been a huge boom in construction in Falklands, a new huge airbase, moer buildings in Stanley and Goose Green, and even Soledad er.. West Falkland ;) I believe the port has been enlarged too and the Port Stanely airport has been redone compleatly. And theres a new Airoport at Mount Pleasent. But other thna that is just Penguins and Sheep LOL

Will the AV-8B N/A model be transformed into an FRS1 and sold together ?

Or will an entirely new plane be made ?

I'm assuming of course that a Harrier will be part of the module.

No

While the terrain will include assets, flyable aircraft are not considered as part of the package

With it being called South Atlantic and with several people wanting the Vulcan to be included has there been any thought about including Ascension Island? I know it is 4000nm from the Falklands but with it being all water between them do you think it would be possible?

Will the map be accurate historically for the 1982 war or will it be a modern map that includes the Mount Pleasant airfield and expanded Stanly airport?

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

I'm looking forward to this map. I am curious as to it's general layout however. Will it feature Argentinian coastline, with at least one airbase all the way over there so 'REDFOR/BLUFOR' are separated by ocean East/West or will it centre on the Falkland Islands and be surrounded by water? Or will the Falkland Islands even be included (logic would suggest 'Yes', given the Falklands-era units being produced)?

Flying from mainland Argentina is going to take some time (and pilots will learn new respect for fuel conservation) and then getting back is going to be an issue also. They didn't have AAR back then - at least not the Argentinians - unsure if the RN FAA had it either for Sea Harrier and Harrier, although the RAF did with old Victors. Of course, more modern scenarios can get around this easily using assets already in DCS.

If this map centres on the Falklands and then there's nothing but water it will slightly disappointing, for me personally, however considering this is also focusing on 'what if' scenarios, I would also be disappointed if this turned into an 'Argentina is the China of South America' and there's artificial island airbases made in this map.

Hopefully we can see some early concepts of the area they intend to replicate.

I'm looking forward to this map. I am curious as to it's general layout however. Will it feature Argentinian coastline, with at least one airbase all the way over there so 'REDFOR/BLUFOR' are separated by ocean East/West or will it centre on the Falkland Islands and be surrounded by water? Or will the Falkland Islands even be included (logic would suggest 'Yes', given the Falklands-era units being produced)?

Flying from mainland Argentina is going to take some time (and pilots will learn new respect for fuel conservation) and then getting back is going to be an issue also. They didn't have AAR back then - at least not the Argentinians - unsure if the RN FAA had it either for Sea Harrier and Harrier, although the RAF did with old Victors. Of course, more modern scenarios can get around this easily using assets already in DCS.

If this map centres on the Falklands and then there's nothing but water it will slightly disappointing, for me personally, however considering this is also focusing on 'what if' scenarios, I would also be disappointed if this turned into an 'Argentina is the China of South America' and there's artificial island airbases made in this map.

The Argies had AAR for the Skyhawks and Super Étendards, just Daggers and mirages didn’t.

The RN didn’t have assets in the theatre to AAR whilst operating from the carriers (as you noted the RAF had victors supporting the RAF but that wasn’t directly in support for combat ops other than the black buck missions)

The Argies had AAR for the Skyhawks and Super Étendards, just Daggers and mirages didn’t.

The RN didn’t have assets in the theatre to AAR whilst operating from the carriers (as you noted the RAF had victors supporting the RAF but that wasn’t directly in support for combat ops other than the black buck missions)

What tanker did the Argentinians have to conduct AAR from? Or did they do buddy refuelling? That'd be a new mission type for pilots in DCS...

there where all type of missions, h130 low alt, then go up for moment to make 1 radar sweep, the Fenix squadron use civil planes and pilots to make approach's and then run back, lots of planes: from no tech (not even altitude radar) to lots of tech.

One h130 bomb the ship Hercules, so we can have h130 as bombers...…,Camberra bomb at night, heavy A/A to learn to dodge (skyguard), it have many possibility's, all missions are ultra risky and we can add more things.

Edited by RFC Rudel

The nice about this war between allies (that's how I call it) and one thing was the battle for the islands and another the war with uk, was the military equipment performance. Some things work other not, the lack of the a4 radar end electronics make then totally passive and hard to detect. the starting to use john with a machine guns (cant have software malfunctions).

My old man is non military engineer that at the time work the ar minister of defence (also consultor of Europe cannon and tank builders), after the war he have a ton of work creating different weapon system usage reports.(skyward for example)

In war you use to the limit all you have even if was not designed for that use.

I can provide specific information, and detail activities of all ar air activity, like the h130 (have pictures) modified for bombing that sink the Hercules ship (well it was skunked not by the bomb that exploit but for the one that did not explode (nobody want a ship with ammo whit unexploded bomb so the crew sunk it).

normally in forums ar and brits discuss this like a football mach...….I do not, I can provide documents for the creation of historical missions.

taken all equipment to de limit can provide very great missions (harriers forced to land on small ships, south see conditions, weather, night raids of ar camberras that have to race home when harriers went after (camberras use custom build radar jamming window type) so all was to the limit, no mission have a safe ticket back and that was for both sides.

Custom mission could include the bombing of ar key continental assets like the nuclear reactors or airbases.

Edited by RFC Rudel

• 4 weeks later...
Actually that's not entirely true, the fact we are not developing a DCS A-4(and I'm a HUGE fan of it, created 4 volumes covering all versions for FS9/FSX and CFS2) is because there is already a community project going on, and due to the hardships that is to create aircraft for DCS, is better to add more content than fight over a niche within a niche.

So we will have the mirage, A4 (Community), Gazelle, C-130, UH-1. F-4 as a "what if"

I don't mind a slightly different model being used but a NA to simulate an FRS1 or a G3 will be quite a stretch.

Hoping for a community project for a Harrier.

I'll get the map either way however.

As a flyable module or AI? Hopefully the former. :thumbup:

Full fidelity module, not sure of the time frame, BUT i believe it would be awesome it can be ready once we have the map ready, but it's too far into the future right now, but it's happening.

As for AV-8A/GR.3, it's also planned, but nothing on when it will happen, i mean, not right now