Turbulence effects

Fleet Management for groups

Servicing intervals

Repair cycles

Oil depletion and aging

Hydraulic fluud depletion and aging

Leaks simulation

System failures based on wear and tear, aging etc

Individual engine sim - failures, wear and tear, bad management, surges, bird ingestion etc

Progressive wear and tear of airframe and cockpit including dirtying from use

Aircraft state saved between sessions

Ages even if not used

Etc

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gumbo's Flying Circus - Visit Twitch to Watch!

PC Specs: 2700x @ 4Ghz, 32Gb 3200 DDR4, 8GB Palit RTX 2080, Intel SSD7 NvMe, Samsung 860 Evo SSD, AOC G2460PF 144hz 1ms 1080p Freesync monitor, Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackHat :pilotfly:

You could have the option to respawn in a new aircraft or the last saved state. Therefore you have a reset and try again option. If a group, fleet can age by having an option to ignore airframe losses.

Also you could choose the age of your fleet and the amount of wear adjusts accordingly. Role play borrowing an old airframe whilst awaiting delivery of the new?

Edited by Elliottc26

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gumbo's Flying Circus - Visit Twitch to Watch!

PC Specs: 2700x @ 4Ghz, 32Gb 3200 DDR4, 8GB Palit RTX 2080, Intel SSD7 NvMe, Samsung 860 Evo SSD, AOC G2460PF 144hz 1ms 1080p Freesync monitor, Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackHat :pilotfly:

I'm not sure if the game actually benefitted from the original idea, or if it would just cause massive confusion among newer users...

That said I would want to see a similar feature when flying campaigns and "dynamic" multiplayer sessions, where not every aircraft always gets shot down. Say, combine a limited aircraft count to structural fatigue overtime and significant repair times for damaged airframes... That would certainly be for those wishing for "the long haul" of combat ops. War of attrition and whathaveyou.

Naturally this would have to be optional and I am not sure if I would want to see that many moving parts but I am intrigued about the concept.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

I quite like this idea, but like razo+r it's difficult when we have an infinite supply of new aircraft that we can spawn into, and such a feature would only make sense if the same airframe is being used over and over again.

I guess one way around it is to have one aircraft tied to the player, when they respawn they get their old aircraft back in it's state prior to being destroyed. If the player chooses a new slot/new aircraft type then they get a new aircraft. I don't know, like I said, a feature like this, while I would be heavily interested in it (and maybe enhanced simulation of maintenance etc), is only really best suited to single player missions, and it gets difficult once an airframe is destroyed.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

These features are good for simulating owning and operating a "single" aircraft... Not particularly useful in a sim environment like DCS were you get a shiny new plane every time you get shot down. But if you want to take this approach seriously that would mean having an AI system keep track of all airframes generated ever and keeping track of (remembering) their stats no matter if they are being used by the player or AI Pilots... in actual time. I just can't see this happening specially on machines with limited resources.

while were at it lets have repairs that take multiple days or weeks, and ED create a separate module focusing on aircraft maintenance called " Crew chief master mechanic " :P

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD