What year of jet is the DCS F/A-18C based on?

Vampyr

As with most military aircraft, I'm sure the F/A-18C has gone through various upgrades and modifications throughout its service life.

I am now searching through airliners.net's image library for photos of the same "version" of the F/A-18C modeled in this DCS module. Any thoughts as to what year and bureau number ranges I should be searching for?

Link: http://www.airliners.net/search?aircraft=33985&display=detail

Edited by Vampyr

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

This will be a great fakey pairing with Harrier for the late 90's Kosovo campaign once Tomcat hits the streets!!

Sure just rember that despite its production date this isn't a late 90s bird.

With upgrades it has its circa 2005 era hornet. Same goes for the harrier n/a. It's very obvious it is a 2000s harier since the displays are not Mpcd's but lcd display (ampcd) like the bottom lower display on the hornet

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

As with most military aircraft, I'm sure the F/A-18C has gone through various upgrades and modifications throughout its service life.

I am now searching through airliners.net's image library for photos of the same "version" of the F/A-18C modeled in this DCS module. Any thoughts as to what year and bureau number ranges I should be searching for?

Link: http://www.airliners.net/search?aircraft=33985&display=detail

I asked that here, the short answer seems to be that 1998 was the build year, with upgrades that bring it to mid-2000s.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Sorry, I meant the early access (EA) version.

I still don't get it. The F/A-18C can carry Sparrows too, can't it? Or do you mean that the early access version currently doesn't have anything besides Sparrows?

Once again excuse the dumb questions... I'm new to the Hornet. :P

I still don't get it. The F/A-18C can carry Sparrows too, can't it? Or do you mean that the early access version currently doesn't have anything besides Sparrows?

Once again excuse the dumb questions... I'm new to the Hornet. :P

Yes, the EA version will only have AIM-9 and Aim-7. Later we will get AIM-9X and AIM-120B. I do not remember is the AIM-120C will be available or not.

This is due ED giving the AIM-120* some love in term of modeling. We do not know what that exactly entails and we will have to wait for further information.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Personally I can't wait to try out the Hornet's SEAD capability, but I guess I'm going to have to wait a while for that.

The first thing I want to do is kill a bunch of SA-11s with the AGM-88 because I hate the SA-11 with a passion.

Yes, the EA version will only have AIM-9 and Aim-7. Later we will get AIM-9X and AIM-120B. I do not remember is the AIM-120C will be available or not.

This is due ED giving the AIM-120* some love in term of modeling. We do not know what that exactly entails and we will have to wait for further information.

Wags says here that we will get the -C

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

I do not think we will have to wait that long for the SEAD capabilities to be added. Wags seems to be pretty excited about adding the HARM missile to the sim.

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals